Pinnical Grill First Night Rude??

mattR

Is it rude to your normal tablemates if you book the Pinnical for the first night? If not do you go introduce yourself to your table still or just wait till the second night?

I don't think it's rude to go to the Pinnacle the first night. A lot of people, after traveling all day, may go to the Lido anyhow. What I would do is book the Pinnacle a bit later than your normal dining, go to the DR and order an appetizer. You'll get to meet your tablemates and spend some time. And it would say something positive that you came by to have an appetizer in order to meet them.

Remember this is your vacation. You worked hard to earn the money to pay for this entertainment.

Please, stop worrying about hurting someone elses feelings by not showing up at dinner the first night.

Generally they have some type of special wine tasting the first night and I have talked to several people who have been there and they enjoyed it.

You will have mor than enough time to meet your tablemates and share stories with them

Jim & Ruth

I agree with those who have posted above: if you want to book the Pinnacle Grill for the first night, you shouldn't be in the least bit worried or concerned about being "rude." When, in the past, a couple or two at our table didn't show up for dinner on the first night, we were not in the least bit offended. I don't like to miss first night ... but that's just me.

In short ... if you want to go to the Pinnacle on the first night and take advantage of the cheaper rate and any other perks they may have for that evening, GO! :) We'll keep your seat warm, and eat your main dining room portions for you!!! :D

We totally enjoyed our table for 2 our first night of our cruise! What a wonderful way to celebrate, to start the cruise with a fabulous special dinner from the Pinnacle. I agree with the others, it's your cruise, enjoy it and don;t worry about it!!!!!

I do go first night and we have early seating which allows us to do late reservation at Pinnacle. This way you get to sample the meal or at least get to meet tablemates to know if you need to change by the 2nd night or not! Same for getting a server you can't understand. First night is important in making the rest of the week run smooth for you. Nothing worse than not being there the first night and hearing about what fantastic XXXX you missed the night before. I cruise for the food I don't get at home so doing the double meal in the first night is no big deal. You paid for it,might as well enjoy it.

Remember this is your vacation. You worked hard to earn the money to pay for this entertainment.

Please, stop worrying about hurting someone elses feelings by not showing up at dinner the first night.

AGREED !!!!!!! Enjoy yourself and your family !!!!!

:)

There have been many times when we observed that quite a few people didn't show up for dinner in the main dining the first night of the cruise.

Some go to the Pinnacle but a lot end up going to the Lido due to either getting on the ship late, being tired after a long day getting to the ship, etc.

Like the others said - this is your vacation - do what you want to do and don't worry about your table mates. You'll have plenty of time to get to meet them.

:)

No it is not rude. Like some others said, sometimes many people do not show up the first night. I think most of them are exhausted from traveling and crash in their cabin. Stopping in to intrduce yourself sounds like a nice gesture to me, but I don't feel it is necessary. I don't think people would think you are rude. Have a great cruise.

Oh...I am sailing solo, I hope all of my tablemates don't decide to eat at the Specialty restaurant on the first night....:eek: ....that would look real nice, sitting at a table for 8 all alone:confused:

I agree you should dine wherever you wish on any night of your cruise.

Lois.....If you find yourself at your table alone on the first night, which is highly unlikely, I am sure a request to the Maitre d' or area Captain would have you moved very easily to a nearby table that has an empty seat. It would be a chance to make more acquaintances right away at the beginning of your cruise. There surely would be an empty seat as not only your tablemates would be dining elsewhere.

Don't worry. It'll be fine.

IF it does happen, I will look around and see if another table has an open spot....and ask if it is ok to sit with them....hopefully, I will receive a positive reply:)

Lois R --

You might even have your server check with the maitre d' to see if there is an open spot at a table of solo travelers. It wouldn't hurt. In any case, don't worry about your missing tablemates even if they never show up, just enjoy yourself (maybe watch Hello Dolly! before you go for inspiration).

On our Statendam cruise, we had two other couples at our table. Couple One disappeared after the first night. (Gee, I hope it wasn't my pierced ears that offended them. :eek: ) They were never seen again until the second formal night, when we spotted them nearby as we and Couple Two were being seated at the Captain's table. Sometimes there is a last laugh in there someplace. :D

Thank you for the suggestion....:) I don't care if it is a table of solo cruisers though...I get along pretty well with everyone;) .

Anyway...I have had mostly good experiences with tablemates....to me, it does say something about people when they leave (for whatever reason) without even saying anything to the waiter...I have been at a table where we had 2 very nice couples but it ended up late seating was too late for them...at least they had the courtesy to say something to the waiter. When we showed up the next night, he told us...."they couldn't eat at 8:30"..which I can understand. Not everyone likes late seating.

That was a weird table though...I started out with 8...by the last evening...it was me and only one other couple:rolleyes: ...and it changed every night of the week. 8....6....3....3......5......3........5....must have been something I said:eek:

We always eat at the late dinner. Depending on what ship we are on and what time we will be eating , we always try to make reservations in the Pinnacle for about 15 after the start of the main diningroom dinner on the first night. That way--my hubby will go to the dinningroom and introduce himself and explain why we will not be there that evening. Penny

Lois - I encourage you to try to find another solo cruiser to dine at the Pinnacle with you sometime during the week. I wasn't able to, so I didn't, but I think I have decided this time on the Veedam, if I can't find someone to dine with, I will just go it alone...what the heck!:). I keep hearing all these wonderful things about the specialty restaurant, and I want to experience it too........

Marie

Lois - I'll let you know if I get brave enough to go it alone, if I don't meet someone during the week. I REALLY would like to try the restaurant, as filet mignon is one of my favorites. They did serve fm on one of the formal evenings, but I bet the one in the Pinnacle is a bit finer cut.

Marie

In talking with Ship's Services today about our cabana:) , she told me that the Pinnacle is only $10/pp the first night and $20 thereafter. So I was verrrrry tempted to do it. But we're travelling with another couple and have asked for a table for 8 or more. I'd hate to miss first night, I feel we'd miss all the fun start-up conversation. And I'd hate to take 4 away from the table!

A couple of times we've been stuck with no one or just one other couple the first night at a huge table and it feels very strange. I'd hate to do it to someone else. Still, it is tempting at the reduced price:D .

Yours is a great question.

We've been tempted to do this ourselves, and did not do so because of our fears of being impolite to our new tablemates.

BUT...

On our last cruise, on the first night, we were the only two at our table for six. After that, we really enjoyed the folks who joined us. The point was, many are just too tired on the first night, after all the travel and unpacking, to deal with a scheduled dinnner and the customary intros.

So I think the first night is a great opportunity to try Pinnacle. And you'll be the experts about this venue when you share your experience with your tablemates.

Go for it!

we are cruising with another couple who will go to the Pinnacle on the frist night....we are fine eating by ourselves...after 36 years, we actaully like each other !

we did one cruise when we never had the full 8 people....we had a great time with those that did show....

go for the reduced price if that's what you want to do !! it's your vacation !!

Archived