Ready to book...but have some ???

Okay, this is my first time posting on one of these sites. :) I have really learned a lot from reading all the posts, but I'd like some advice before I book.

Here goes!! I'm about to book a 5 night cruise on the Enchantment in July for our family of 4. My husband (or am I supposed to write DH??) and I have cruised before but this will be the first time for our kids. My daughter is 13 and my son will be 10. Would you recommend the early seating/show? Aren't the later shows more likely to have bad language? Also, is it better to be in the middle of the ship by the stairs or towards the front away from the stairs? :confused:

I'm so nervous but excited!!!! Sorry for rambling!!

Thanks in advance!

Only you know if your husband is your darling husband!:D

Middle and low on the ship has the least movement. Unless things have changed RCI does not have adult shows, the early and the late show are the same show. On Carnival they do have adult comedians late at night. Unless you are really prudish there won't be anything the kids can't see. Having said that if the kids are young I recommend early seating. I am sure you and the family will have a great time no matter what you decide.

jc

It doesn't matter if you eat early or late. Eat at what time you normally eat at home. If you normally eat around 6 at home and decide to eat at 8:30 on the ship, your stomachs (and maybe your kids) are going to be mad at you. The show is the same performance for both shows. Some of the comedians do use adult language but your Compass will inform you of that.

I would go with the early seating....there are some really fun night activities for the kids that (if I remember correctly) begin at 7 pm. If you are eating late they will miss out.

Hope you all have a great time together!

Okay, this is my first time posting on one of these sites. :) I have really learned a lot from reading all the posts, but I'd like some advice before I book.

Here goes!! I'm about to book a 5 night cruise on the Enchantment in July for our family of 4. My husband (or am I supposed to write DH??) and I have cruised before but this will be the first time for our kids. My daughter is 13 and my son will be 10. Would you recommend the early seating/show? Aren't the later shows more likely to have bad language? Also, is it better to be in the middle of the ship by the stairs or towards the front away from the stairs? :confused:

I'm so nervous but excited!!!! Sorry for rambling!!

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on screwing up your courage and posting! Welcome to the wonderful world of no-holds-barred Cruise Critic opinion-fests! ;)

My kids and I have ALWAYS preferred main/first seating. They were 14 & 16 when we took our first cruise. It just leaves a better "evening block of time" after dinner, which we like. It also gives you more time to digest your food before going to bed.

You won't find the entertainment off-color on the Enchantment regardless of the time of the show. RC DOES have late-night adult comedy shows, but I haven't seen one on the Enchantment. (and I wouldn't take them to either The Quest *or* the Love & Marriage Show.)

You have picked a great ship. If you haven't already, please read my "live" posts from the Enchantment by clicking on the links in my signature.

Hmmmm.... My wife informs me that when she posts "DH" she means "Dummy Husband" Oh well!

In any case, welcome Cheeriolover and congratulations on your first post!

To answer a couple of your questions...

... there should be no difference re:language in the early and late shows. Just DO NOT take them to the midnight "comedy" show.

... unless you are handicapped or EXTREMELY sensitive to motion, it doesn't matter much if you are fore, aft or mid-ship

... If you do go with the later seating, there will be some nights when the show will not end until 11:30PM. Would this be o.k. for your kids?

We've sailed Enchantment three times and loved her. So will you and your DF (I do mean "distinguished family")

Hope this was helpful!

Thanks for the great responses and the welcome! What a great idea this is to be able to use the knowledge of cruisers everywhere!! I feel like such a newbie! :eek:

So, if we do early dinner and then the show, any suggestions after that? My kids are kind of shy so I don't think they'll go for the Adventure Ocean program. My DH (yes, he is darling!) and I have always gone dancing or to the bars when we cruised alone. We're not sure of the other options when you travel with the kids.

Thanks again!!:o

We watch a lot of the simpsons so I guess the"D"" Doho!:D

I agree the midle and lower is less movement. Dinner is when you waht. Early is good, but you don't have to eat in the main dining hall every night. You can still in in the Lido.

Anyway you slice it a family cruise is loads of fun.

We watch a lot of the simpsons so I guess the"D"" Doho!:D

I agree the midle and lower is less movement. Dinner is when you waht. Early is good, but you don't have to eat in the main dining hall every night. You can still in in the Lido.

Anyway you slice it a family cruise is loads of fun.

CruiseBumm: Welcome to Royal Caribbean, and congratulations on finally choosing to try it out! ;)

On Royal Caribbean, the buffet restaurant is called The Windjammer. Nothing called the Lido on board a RC ship. :)

I agree that with kids do the early seating. We have tried both and early works much better. Don't discount Adventure Ocean, my kids are on the shy side and have always made friends in the kids programs. We often have to pull them out when it is family time or bed time. Take the kids to the first night when they can look around see who and what else is there. The counselors are used to kids being a little leary and will make them feel welcome.

Our kids always rush through even the early seating to make sure they can make it to their evening activities. Gives DH (not sure which D to go with:D ) and I some time to do grown up stuff.

Don't stress over it, no matter which way you go you'll enjoy the trip and if things aren't 100% how you want them, you'll now what to do different next time. Enjoy!

Archived