Cruise Scrapbook Pages?

TrojanJulez

We did an Alaska cruise in 2005 and I did entire book. I'll scan a few pages and then post them at 2peas so you can take a look at them.

I basically came up with two different layout styles and then repeated them throughout the book. I picked up a bunch of stickers in each port, plus I found diecuts at the port gift shops as well.

Yay - I can't wait to see them!

Wendy - thanks for the tip about the die cuts! I'll probably wait until I get back so I have an idea of what types of layouts I'll be making...

Just an fyi scrapyourtrip dot com not only has a huge line of cruise related items but they also do some cutom word die cuts as well. You mentioned a cruise ship that says alaska and I found this on there scrapyourtrip_1936_167259645she also had this scrapyourtrip_1939_51021143hope this helps.

Just an fyi scrapyourtrip dot com not only has a huge line of cruise related items but they also do some cutom word die cuts as well. You mentioned a cruise ship that says alaska and I found this on there...

Awesome! Thanks so much for showing me this! I'm going to check out that site now, but I wanted to say thanks first - what a great find! :D

Just a reminder that it is against community guidelines to advertise on our message boards - including home based businesses, consulting etc. It is also against guidelines to ask others to email you for information about your business.

Your cooperation will be appreciated.:)

So we aren't allowed to share information on scrapbooking stuff? No one is saying you have to go here or there. It is just scrapbookers sharing information and it was asked. Not sure if any of these scrapbook stores are home based or not. Nor do I care. It is no different then say going to WalMart (oh should I not list their name either) for scrapbook supplies. It isn't like posting about a TA or excursions. Were is our "freedom of speech". I can't believe how they are saying we can't even share good ideas or stores to find things. Living here in the midwest we don't get alot of SCRAPBOOK stuff for cruising or even other countries so any help is greatly appreciated. We have one Scrapbook Store here and I won't say the name of it since we can't but there are also craft stores that sell (again not listing the names). I find this stupid it is a scrapbook thread NOT a cruise or group cruise thread. It is sharing ideas & information for us to scrapbook our memories of our cruise. It is NO different the the postings on how to get photo releases but I guess that is OKAY since it is cruise related.

Just email her. She is very good at replying back to you.

And just for the record I do not know this store or have any relations to it. I happen across it looking for die cuts for MY scrapbooks of MY cruise. I do not see the harm in sharing ideas or other sites with people. I myself love having other things I can us than having the same things in each of my scrapbooks, that makes them boring. People like to know if others have used or purchased from them and if they are safe to use or they will rip you off. Scrapbooking is becoming a HUGE hobby and you should be able to talk or share ideas. Other cruise thread sites (which I won't mention) allow scrapbook discussions. I am NOT advertising for anyone just simply stating I have used them before, they are safe and they do good products. It is no different then saying I like Princess or I like Carnival or I like this or that.

:rolleyes: Read my post, please...

I never said that you could not share information about scrapbook sites, conventions etc or share ideas.. you guys did NOT read my post but jumped to conclusions... there were some folks advertising their scrapbooking business on here.. You cannot come on CC boards and use them as a forum to advertise your personal business whether you are a travel agent, tour operator or representative of a scrapbook company. Lots of jumping to conclusions here...

and just for the record I get most of my stuff from scrapyourtrip.com and QVC kits which I love.

no, I won't be deleting or chastising myself for that:) ;)

Um...I have a stupid question. I know I've seen it somewhere before, but now I can't seem to remember where.

Where do you get the tool that makes the slits in the paper for you to put the ribbon through? We have our first cruise together coming up in May, and I want to make a really nice scrapbook.

Thanks!

Maybe this is the one you are looking for...

http://www.basicgrey.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=430

This one will cut a notch anywhere in you paper.

I don't sell them, nor is the link to any place that you can buy them. If this is the one you want, you will have to google to find out where to buy.

Um...I have a stupid question. I know I've seen it somewhere before, but now I can't seem to remember where.

Where do you get the tool that makes the slits in the paper for you to put the ribbon through? We have our first cruise together coming up in May, and I want to make a really nice scrapbook.

Thanks!

No such thing as stupid questions:) .. I got mine at Michael's (not my fav scrapbook place) bec. it was on sale.. right with the punches etc. they probably have at Hobby Lobby, AC Moore

I went to a crop last night and tried the Cricut and LOVED it. So I found it the cheapest at WalMart for $169.99, you have to have it. It cuts everything out for you. I even used it for words for my last cruise scrapbook and it is so much easier then the hand die cuts systems (QuicKutz or Sizzies and I have both of them as well). I LOVE IT!!!

just wanted to say I have enjoyed reading this forum. sorry guys about the advertisement. DOn't know how it got on my post & can't figure out how to take it off. I don't even own any pets so I have no reason to insert it. Please ignore it. this has never happened before.

I cruised "Carnival Destiny" in Sept 06. Made a scrapbook for each member of our team so all they had to do was insert pic from the cuise. Here is one if you would like to see. One of the pages was totally scraplifted cause I loved it so much. Hopefully, I will be forgiven for that. They aren't perfect but get the job done.

I bought the scrapbooks for $2 each added some add'l pages and spent many hours doing each and every one. I should have made them all look alike to speed up the time but somehow My brain did think of that until I finished. All of our cruisers were first timers. Hope they enjoyed it.

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=150566832/a=15581725

I love scrapyourtrip.com. It has so much. I prepurchased sheets that had my ports on them for Alaska last year. I packed them and had them on the trip with us. I had some of my prints done on the cruise and the rest I had done in port at Walgreens in Seattle where we stayed the night before the train home. Then I happily scrapbooked on the train home. I did basic scissors and glue and stickers. I had scrapbooks to share when we got home!

Caly

I love scrapyourtrip.com. It has so much. I prepurchased sheets that had my ports on them for Alaska last year. I packed them and had them on the trip with us. I had some of my prints done on the cruise and the rest I had done in port at Walgreens in Seattle where we stayed the night before the train home. Then I happily scrapbooked on the train home. I did basic scissors and glue and stickers. I had scrapbooks to share when we got home!

Caly

Wow, you are super motivated! I have seen the Alaska pages at scrapyourtrip.com, and I am really looking forward to ordering them! I would love to see some of your ideas and how you scrapped them; are they posted on any of the scrapbooking websites?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been scrap booking our many Island vacations for awhile. I wanted to post them on our picture page with the rest of our vacation pictures, but since they are 12X12 papers they wouldn't fit on the scanner. Silly me, I never thought of just taking a picture of the pages and downloading them. I'll have to do that. I have like 13 Islands I've scraped ooked and I'm collecting items now for our upcoming cruise.

Jiminw, I loved your book. I acutally have the same pages and items you used for Barbadoss for our Turks and Caicos trip.

digitalgirl, thanks so much for the web-site. I have many of the items they offered, but they have so much more than I've ever found. My DH would also like to thank you as he was looking over my shoulder watching me add several items into the shopping cart. So Busted. :) :) :)

I finally finished getting all my scrapbook pages uploaded onto our picture page. It was a lot harder taking pictures of the 12 x 12 pages than I thought. The auto focus on my camera keep blurring them out. With dertermination, I got it done. Here's the link:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558555923CamTgh

The 12 x 12 scrap books that I've purchased at craft stores has a thin sheet of card board type paper in each clear holder. However, the refill sheets do not. After glueing the pictures and other items on the paper, the paper kinda gets stiff anyway, so the paper is fine to just go in the clear holders.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived