Wine Tasting question

When you go to the Wine Tasting on board, do they PRESSURE you to buy wine at the end? I just wanted to know if you end up not wanting to get some bottles how bad to they continue to try and pressure you?

I have been to some wine tastings locally and they ALWAYS pressure. Its uncomfortable. Just curious.

I went to one on Voyager of the Seas and there was no pressure at all. It also gave good insight into the depth of knowledge of some of the wait staff. We had a great time. The people at our table didn't like dry wine and we drank all of theirs!

Viv

We have probably been to 7 or 8 tastings, and never had any pressure to buy wine.

The only sales tactic gimmic I heard was that the bin number was repeated several times, so you could order the right one with your meal.

Have a great time!

Wendy

go to cruisedailies.com, I had Brian post my compasses from Grandeur and it'll show the time and day of the wine tasting. i think it was the first sea day at 2:00 pm. You taste 3 reds, 2 whites, and a sparkling. No pressure to buy. Just instruction that you should order by bin number, not by name.

They simply suggest that you might want to order some for dinner. I’ve never seen them sell any wine bottles. Perhaps the take dinner orders – but I’ve never seen that.

We've had our tastings held in the afternoon of the second day. I’m sure this can vary by itinerary.

M

I have been to the wine tastings twice. This is just my opinion but, if I didn't have free coupons to go, I wouldn't pay to go. They give the smallest wine samples that I've ever received at a wine tasting, and they use extremely inexpensive wines. They give you a few crackers and a few small pieces of cheese on one plate to share with one or two others. I also feel like the whole thing drags on a little too long. Like, I said, I go because it's free for me. Otherwise, I wouldn't.

Archived