CENTURY: What are some of your favorite things about this ship?

Funcouple

CENTURY: What are some of your favorite things about this ship? What should every Century guest seek out on their voyage?

- Particular food

- pool

- drink

- staff, service member

- entertainer

- little know secrets

- amenities

- sun deck chairs

- coffee

- quiet spot

- spot for a drink

- morning area

- leaving port area

???????????????????????????

- whatever!

Thanks.

CENTURY: What are some of your favorite things about this ship? What should every Century guest seek out on their voyage?

- Particular food

- pool

- drink

- staff, service member

- entertainer

- little know secrets

- amenities

- sun deck chairs

- coffee

- quiet spot

- spot for a drink

- morning area

- leaving port area

???????????????????????????

- whatever!

Thanks.

Having sailed it three times there is just something about the Century that is very difficult to place but I really like the ship. I just felt at home on it. The one thing that I did like is all the natural wood in the dining room. I think that room is one of the nicest on the ship.

I must agree with dkjretired. I also have been on the refurbished Century three times, most recently on the 5 Feb. There is an atmosphere on this ship, a warmth, a feeling of being with family, that I have experienced on no other ship. For me, it's about feeling at home. It does not hurt that the ship is a beauty either.

Anne

To me, the number one best thing about Century is The Cat's Pajamas! This amazing acapella group will be onboard until April 12th - their wonderful music and great, outgoing attitudes were the main reason I went back to Century in February, after sailing on her in December! If you do get to see them, tell them "Rebecca's sister" says hello!

One of my favorite spots was the Sunset Bar - - it's a great place to enjoy breakfast, read a book, sip a cocktail, and just gaze out at the clear, blue water... On both of my sailings, the pool deck was incredibly windy - but the Sunset Bar was always a peaceful, beautiful spot.

I also liked the very front, very top area to watch us come into Cozumel - yes, it was windy, but exciting nonetheless!

Have you been afflicted with some waffle noro-virus?

They have taken over your body. :D :D

I must admit though, on Century they were awesome with the

strawberries and cream. I made good friends with the waffle cook.

The waffle outbreak was the only noro we had on our 1-27-2007 cruise.

Rich :cool: :cool:

:( Yes hcat - the T pool has been removed. Terrible disappointment. The pool areas were very overcrowded and often we couldn't find anywhere to sit, except within range of the funnel!

But, the good/great things are the food - best food on any X ship since the old Horizon back in 1996 or so. The service/staff/captain/refurbished staterooms are all wonderful.

:) Lynne

Our butler, Cliff - Martini Bar - Sudi (he has sadly left X) - cabin attendant, Anna Maria.

Then there is the food and service at Murano's - fantastic.

Sunset bar for drink before dinner or meeting CC'ers

Our Sky suite balcony - very large and dinner on it was the best.

the 2/10/07 cruise, I must say we were a little disappointed with the staff. The bartenders at the pool bar were not friendly at all, same with the staff at the sunset bar with the exception of one Mr Jimmy Taylor. Jorge behind the bar at the sunset bar never cracked a smile the entire trip. But, the group at the Martini bar was great also so I guess my biggest problem was the multitude of grumpy bartenders at pool bar.

we've been on Constellation 3 trips prior to this trip on Century and must say the Constellation staff was much more friendly. However, we certainly know it changes weekly so you never know.

Just about everything is great on CENTURY!!! I sailed on her when she was a brand new ship and loved her, and just returned again a few weeks ago. I'm happy to report she is better than ever. I agree with a previous poster that there is something special about CENTURY, a feeling of family and camaraderie that is hard to find on the mega-ships.

I did write a short review on another thread, but one of my favorite things (there are many!) is the Sunset Bar at sunset. Sitting on the teak furniture with my feet up on the rail, listening to the soloist singing and playing the guitar, having a drink and watching the sunset. Simply magical!

I also love the new cabin decor, and just about everything else on the ship. My only disappointments were that I felt the production shows seems dated and amateur (no big deal) and that Murano's didn't quite live up to my expectations.

I was also a little concerned that the 4-day experience might somehow be lacking. On the contrary the passenger demographic was great. My friend and I were surprised at how nicely everyone dressed and how behaved everyone was. We commented that people were better dressed than a 9-day cruise we took on Princess a few months earlier.

Ernie

I'll be going back to Century on Monday for my 11th time. I just can't get enough of this wonderful vessel. I love the marble stairwells, the stainless steel ornamentation around the elevators, the choice of three lounges for sitting or dancing, the inviting openness of the spa, the new equipment for exercises, and the Sunset bar for breakfast, lunch or just watching the sea..

We have always liked the party band around the pool and evening Crystal Lounge dance tunes. I finally learned how to dance through classes taken on board. The crew has generally been exceptional and very friendly.

There are a few irritations such as occasional vibrations in the dining room and an occasional surly waiter... but overall Century has provided me with some of the greatest cruising memories out of all our cruises.

Just got back on MOnday from my first cruise on Century and I cannot tell you how impressed I was. A quality experience from start to finish. Although there are many things I liked about the ship (beautiful interiors, esp. dining rooms -- fabulous decks in sky suites on penthouse deck -- cool maritini bar) the thing that really stood out in my mind was the quality of service. Despite a grumpy pool bartender or two and despite an obsequious sommelier (I suppose most are anyways!) I thought everyone on board did their sincere best to be helpful, pleasant and courteous.

To me, no matter how great and beautiful the ship, if the people on it don't make me feel welcome, then I can never enjoy my stay. It is really their ship and I am the guest. And they certainly made me feel like they appreciated my choosing their ship. (As a guest, I have a responsibility too -- mainly to treat them with respect and act like an adult in difficult situations. I pity them when they have to deal with obnoxious and demanding guests (of which there are more than a few on any cruise)). So bottom line, it is the people on the Century that make the difference.

Just got back on MOnday from my first cruise on Century and I cannot tell you how impressed I was. A quality experience from start to finish. Although there are many things I liked about the ship (beautiful interiors, esp. dining rooms -- fabulous decks in sky suites on penthouse deck -- cool maritini bar) the thing that really stood out in my mind was the quality of service. Despite a grumpy pool bartender or two and despite an obsequious sommelier (I suppose most are anyways!) I thought everyone on board did their sincere best to be helpful, pleasant and courteous.

To me, no matter how great and beautiful the ship, if the people on it don't make me feel welcome, then I can never enjoy my stay. It is really their ship and I am the guest. And they certainly made me feel like they appreciated my choosing their ship. (As a guest, I have a responsibility too -- mainly to treat them with respect and act like an adult in difficult situations. I pity them when they have to deal with obnoxious and demanding guests (of which there are more than a few on any cruise)). So bottom line, it is the people on the Century that make the difference.

I was smiling reading your post. You are so right! It is the correct attitude to have on a cruise or any where else in life. Thanks:)

Archived