Is it worth upgrading?

matmar

We have been allocated room #4070 (Deck 4) on Rhapsody of the Seas for our cruise from Sydney to Singapore 24Nov2007. Does anyone know if it is worth upgrading to a Balcony stateroom on Deck 7.

I love a balcony and wouldn't be without one anymore. I was SO glad we had one in Tahiti and Hawaii and booked another one for our Western Caribbean cruise in November. I guess if it is thousands more to upgrade, I'd rethink. But, if it's at all affordable, I wouldn't miss it for the world. Sounds like an awesome cruise you have planned!:)

The only time we've cruised without a balcony was because it was an old ship and she had NO balconies!!!! We would NEVER do that again! Our room is important to us! I mean, if I went on a "land-based" vacation, I wouldn't stay in a Days Inn--on vacations, I want "upscale" lodgings!!!!

I looked for you, I couldn't find that cruise? Are your dates correct?

Its not shown on the RC website as it is a special charter between doing a Aust/NZ season to an Asian season.

The only time we've cruised without a balcony was because it was an old ship and she had NO balconies!!!! We would NEVER do that again! Our room is important to us! I mean, if I went on a "land-based" vacation, I wouldn't stay in a Days Inn--on vacations, I want "upscale" lodgings!!!!

Good for you cb. Count your blessings!

Unfortunately, there are many, many people who cannot afford "upscale" and are quite happy to enjoy their vacation time at a Day's Inn.:)

Its not shown on the RC website as it is a special charter between doing a Aust/NZ season to an Asian season.

Wow! I would think that would be a cruise worth seeing! I would only care for a balcony cabin myself. It would be a matter of what you could afford of course, or what you feel is important.

Even though I say I would only like to sail in a balcony cabin, I'm sure that there are some that would spend less on the cabin, (just because they want to) and splurge on other things, that I might not.

Do what you can/want to afford!

I, as I said would prefer a balcony.

Have fun!:D

What's with the attitude? Most people live in houses that are nicer than a Day's Inn. Almost anything is nicer than that. My philosophy is why spend time on vacation in a place that is not as nice as your own home.

Yogimax wrote:

Good for you cb. Count your blessings!

Unfortunately, there are many, many people who cannot afford "upscale" and are quite happy to enjoy their vacation time at a Day's Inn.:)

In regards to the question about cabin accomodations, what is the primary purpose of a vacation? To each, his own. Is it to look at the room and relax there or to see the sights and enjoy the surroundings? Once you decide, your decision will be obvious. Enjoy!:)

I'm more interested in this now....what are the details?:)

Details of this cruise are;

Day 1:Departs Sydney Sat 24Nov07

Day 2: At sea

Day 3: Brisbane

Day 4: At sea

Day 5: Cid Harbour (Whitsunday Islands)

Day 6: Yorkeys Knob (Cairns)

Day 7,8&9: At Sea

Day 10: Komodo, Indonesia

Day 11: Lombok, Indonesia

Day 12: Padang Bay, Bali, Indonesia

Day 13: At sea

Day 14: Krakatoa Volcano

Day 15: At sea

Day 16: Singapore (overnight)

Day 17: Singapore (disembark ship)

We are then spending 2 more nights in Singapore before returning home.

Having never been to any of those locations, I would most definately want a balcony to see it all, even on those sea days. Not to mention 17 days at sea is dream for me, but one more reason why I'd want my own peice of sky!

Is the upgrade affordable? Somtimes, in my research I'm amazed at the low cost of upgrading to a balcony vs. other times when it seems outrageous!

What's the scoop for your cruise?

Looks like you might be picking up some more pax here!:D

We just booked this morning for Feb 08 on the Freedom of the Seas. This will be our first cruise with our son, who will then be 6. Even though we could save some money by getting the lower class cabin, I pushed for the balcony. If I had to choose one single highlight from our last cruise (1st time balcony), it was sleeping at night with the balcony door open, listening to the ocean, and all it's wonder. Absolutely magical.:D

Our TA has advised us that is will cost us A$910 to upgrade :eek: from Deck 4 Oceanview Stateroom to a Balcony Stateroom on Deck 7. Our Deck 4 stateroom is costing us A$3510 so thats 26% more. Seems a lot to us as our last cruise was only a couple of hundred extra to upgrade to balcony. :(

Is that per person or is it 910 for both of you, also the price of the cruise was that per person..The cruise sounds wonderful, if that is for the 2 of you I would get the balcony..

HOw did u hear about this charter and how can people sign up

Many thanks

• 4 months later...
We just booked this morning for Feb 08 on the Freedom of the Seas. This will be our first cruise with our son, who will then be 6. Even though we could save some money by getting the lower class cabin, I pushed for the balcony. If I had to choose one single highlight from our last cruise (1st time balcony), it was sleeping at night with the balcony door open, listening to the ocean, and all it's wonder. Absolutely magical.:D

I have no intention of sounding rude or out of place here, but I can't help but think that sharing a balcony cabin with a 6 year old and sleeping with the balcony door open isn't the best idea. The railings are high, but the chairs are climbable and from what I've seen of 6 years olds they can be quite ingenious! Again, I don't intend to speak out of place, just giving a little something to think about....

Archived