Mercury DryDock & Refurb?

DaisyGirl55

Hi,:) I just checked the website.....and there are a bunch of them

showing up......April 5 and 12, 2008 to start......:eek:

April 19 and on April 27 too!

Did they just post these itineraries? They must have!

Hi,:) I just checked the website.....and there are a bunch of them

showing up......April 5 and 12, 2008 to start......:eek:

April 19 and on April 27 too!

Did they just post these itineraries? They must have!

WOW, you are right. These were not there last week after I talked to their rep. Not sure what is going on...:confused:

I am not right too often;) but I know they weren't there

last week either. And the itineraries look so good. Oh My....

I already have Galaxy booked for March......not sure what

to do now:eek:........keep it or change to one of these?:confused:

They decided to put her on these itineraries when she returns from

dowunder!

Oh Don, someone had posted a photo of the ship sailing out of

San Francisco on Friday too:D but I can't recall which CCr did it!

So whoever is updating the webcams needs to correct the date

on there:eek:

Looks like she is out to sea. The Disco ball is still in the lab.

Another strange thing is if you look at the deck plans on the Celebrity web site for Mercury it shows different plans for different dates, April 27 2007 - March 16th 2008 and March 29th 2008-March 30th 2009. Although I cannot seem to find any differences. You can choose which dates you want to view. The mystery continues...:confused:

I think I found the difference. If you check cabin 8259 in the 2008 listing it shows a picture of the oceanview cabin. If you go to 8259 in 2009 (you might need to refresh you screen to get it to load) it shows the new balcony room. I wonder if the balconies were not added in drydock?:confused:

I think I found the difference. If you check cabin 8259 in the 2008 listing it shows a picture of the oceanview cabin. If you go to 8259 in 2009 (you might need to refresh you screen to get it to load) it shows the new balcony room. I wonder if the balconies were not added in drydock?:confused:

The balconies were have supposed to been added this past week. We're on Mercury this Friday, and have one of these cabins...so I'll post our findings when we return.

Karyn

Hi Mellowtraveler: We will be going on the May 11th cruise. We have SS 1202 and Brother in law and wife have 1200. If I remember right you will be celebrating your anniversary in Oct. So will see you then. I booked the same cabin again for October for our anniversary and my BD. I'll see if I can get a picture of that room for you if you'd like. I will try to do it before they get in there and mess it up.:) I can't believe nobody on the Mercury has posted anything yet. This is killing me. Like that's what I would want to be doing when I'm on the ship:D

Shipofdreamsgirl,

Thanks so much I would really appreciate any photos. Lucky you...a cruise in May. Have been looking at the Celebrity site and they show a different floor plan for Mercury before/and after March 2008. The NEW balconies do not show up until after March 2008. I sure hope they were added as alot of people have switched their rooms and are counting on it. Glad we kept 1200. Looking forward to meeting you in October.

Marty

I went down to Canada Place on my lunch hour to check out the Mercury and take some pictures. Couldn't get a good shot of the aft part of the ship; this snap is the best I could get. It looks like there's balconies on the aft part of the ship (the divider can be seen in this pic).

Other than that, and the updated Celebrity Cruises logo along the side, I didn't really notice much different externally. Perhaps more upgrades were done inside?

MercuryAft.jpg.e9ef81a1251d807986cf130f04531a88.jpg

Archived