Paper or Electronic, which will you choose?

OhioJeff

hehe... I was the one who said it took me 46 pieces of paper but that was for 3 cabins. It is 9 pages for your documents and as many luggage tags as you need. I printed 16 luggage tags in advance not knowing how many my DD and her friends would need in their cabin. It was very convenient and I actually like these luggage tags better, no filling out each one, just write your last name on them and I reinforced them with packaging tape (my own concern) but it was great!!!

hehe... I was the one who said it took me 46 pieces of paper but that was for 3 cabins. It is 9 pages for your documents and as many luggage tags as you need. I printed 16 luggage tags in advance not knowing how many my DD and her friends would need in their cabin. It was very convenient and I actually like these luggage tags better, no filling out each one, just write your last name on them and I reinforced them with packaging tape (my own concern) but it was great!!!

:)

I stand corrected. That is much better, my head started spinning thinking that my poor ole printer would have to go in over-drive once we only have one option. Thank you for clearing that up for us.

I was very skeptical at first myself. I sat there and looked at the 2 options for about 10 minutes and finally hit the E-doc button..for the first cabin. Liked it so much that I did it for the other 2 cabins and then went to my neighbors house and printed her docs also. So I guess I'm officially an E-doc person now..hehehe. We were 45 days till cruise when I did it and we would probably not have received them until about 3 weeks before with paper. :) :)

You starting trouble Kelly!:D I was reluntant to printing out my docs until Kelly brought over hers and showed me. They are kinda neat. Luggage tags were my concern but they seem like they will work out just fine. Gotta catch up to the modern world........ I guess!:eek:

I was very skeptical at first myself. I sat there and looked at the 2 options for about 10 minutes and finally hit the E-doc button..for the first cabin. Liked it so much that I did it for the other 2 cabins and then went to my neighbors house and printed her docs also. So I guess I'm officially an E-doc person now..hehehe. We were 45 days till cruise when I did it and we would probably not have received them until about 3 weeks before with paper. :) :)

Ha-Ha. Much like me, i stared and comtemplated, but since is our first cruise, I want to at least do 1 paper doc dance before I start doing the e-doc dance. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Ha-Ha. Much like me, i stared and comtemplated, but since is our first cruise, I want to at least do 1 paper doc dance before I start doing the e-doc dance. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Hehehe I understand that,,,,,but you could be doing the E-doc dance right now if you just pushed that button!! :D

I'm weakening... This is too much lol. :eek:

HEHEHE Ok I'll stop....:rolleyes: Oh but I forgot to tell you how pretty the docs are, they're all in color and there is a nice picture of the ship on the first page...

Finally just what was needed, something useful and delivered in a timely manner. Who wants to wait until just 2 or 3 weeks before to get a bulky paper doc, when you can get after you pay.

I got the doc for both of my cruises and I noticed the ship picture changed between my cruise on the Triumph and then on the Freedom - way cool!

Hey if you read the letter on the first page it tells you what you really need to print.

Awesome - better than what other cruise lines have! :rolleyes:

Finally just what was needed, something useful and delivered in a timely manner. Who wants to wait until just 2 or 3 weeks before to get a bulky paper doc, when you can get after you pay.

I got the doc for both of my cruises and I noticed the ship picture changed between my cruise on the Triumph and then on the Freedom - way cool!

Hey if you read the letter on the first page it tells you what you really need to print.

Awesome - better than what other cruise lines have! :rolleyes:

I agree!!!

Most prefer paper so they get luggage tags.

eDocs you will have to get your luggage tags at the pier or make them yourself from the picture in eDocs. But I would get them at the pier if I did eDocs.

The luggage tags are already preprinted with everything but your name.. Might be a little easier then filling them out at the pier - Take a look at one of ours

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/kellylore/Carnival%20Destiny/luggagetags.jpg

When is the paper or E-doc option available? Did I understand right it is after you have paid in full? :) Just wondering. I have a ways to go until our cruise --- as you can see from the countdown. Our last payment isn't due until June 29th or something like that, so ---.

When is the paper or E-doc option available? Did I understand right it is after you have paid in full? :) Just wondering. I have a ways to go until our cruise --- as you can see from the countdown. Our last payment isn't due until June 29th or something like that, so ---.

I printed mine at 45 days out, but I have heard that you may print them after Carnival's final payment date...so try on June 30th. One thing I forgot to mention also is that the documents are a PDF and therefore can be saved to your computer and can be viewed and printed as many times as needed.

My neighbor is jealous, he is going on RCL in August and paid for his cruise in March and still has to wait until sometime in late June or so to get his documents. Just showed him my Freedom documents for November :p ---- hahahaha!

Has anyone caught the ads in the document? Hopefully who ever put the e doc's together will work on the Carnival web pages which need major help -

My neighbor is jealous, he is going on RCL in August and paid for his cruise in March and still has to wait until sometime in late June or so to get his documents. Just showed him my Freedom documents for November :p ---- hahahaha!

Has anyone caught the ads in the document? Hopefully who ever put the e doc's together will work on the Carnival web pages which need major help -

Haha - I thought RCL's documents were nice, but I believe you are correct - these are better!!!! Ok so you printed your documents for November already?? I assume you dont have a guarantee - will you check them again on Carnival just prior to sailing to make certain nothing has changed??

Well this gets even better! My wife and son convinced me to purchase shore excurions so we went on sight and shopped. By chance my son said he wanted his own copy of the e doc so I went and printed one for him and surprise the shore excurions we purchased on the web were in the document - just incredible! :p

So I guess what they said about always being up to date is true, the best thing is not save the PDF and just keep going to the web and look again. My last paper document didn't have the shore excurions I purchased and by the way some of the information on that paper document were incorrect.

I love the edocs. I was a little skeptical at first too, because who doesn't like getting that big 'ol blue book in the mail. But, I'm about as impatient as they come too, so I went for electronic. But I agree with everyone here, I think they were a fantastic idea.

The only funny thing I've noticed so far, is my TA apparantly put my son's name first on all of the invoices, so the documents are addressed :

Dear Zachary...

lol.

Maybe I should make him pay for it....

Hi TropicalisRex - yes it seems that as soon as you final payment is completed you can get your e doc no matter when you are sailing - better than the rest.

I love the edocs. I was a little skeptical at first too, because who doesn't like getting that big 'ol blue book in the mail. But, I'm about as impatient as they come too, so I went for electronic. But I agree with everyone here, I think they were a fantastic idea.

The only funny thing I've noticed so far, is my TA apparantly put my son's name first on all of the invoices, so the documents are addressed :

Dear Zachary...

lol.

Maybe I should make him pay for it....

Same with us...DD is Mrs. Ashley..... Haha Making them pay!!! My daughter is getting a free ride this time as she graduated from college but next time, she will pay for herself (and possibly us too...even funnier)!!!

Well this gets even better! My wife and son convinced me to purchase shore excurions so we went on sight and shopped. By chance my son said he wanted his own copy of the e doc so I went and printed one for him and surprise the shore excurions we purchased on the web were in the document - just incredible! :p

So I guess what they said about always being up to date is true, the best thing is not save the PDF and just keep going to the web and look again. My last paper document didn't have the shore excurions I purchased and by the way some of the information on that paper document were incorrect.

Yeah our excursions are listed also! The only thing that is incorrect on ours is our total paid. The docs reflect the original price we paid, even though we have received a few credits along the way. What information is wrong on yours?

Yeah our excursions are listed also! The only thing that is incorrect on ours is our total paid. The docs reflect the original price we paid, even though we have received a few credits along the way. What information is wrong on yours?

Ours is correct and even shows my onboard credit. What is not listed is the cost of the shore excurions, I guess since that is not part of the cabin and such it is just not there. Perhaps if you got some complimentary credits they are not suppose to reflect on your total, you know so only you and the people that need to be in the know are aware.

Just love how when we completed our Fun Pass the boarding pass went away - we did 1 person at a time and kept checking and 1 by 1 they disappeared - way cool - got to say Carnival really has the up on this one!! Maybe their other lines will take a lesson.

Archived