Paper or Electronic, which will you choose?

OhioJeff

I would take the paper docs. There is something about waiting for your docs to arrive. It adds to the excitment of the whole trip. Plus I like saving the blue book along with our capers and old sail and sign cards. Once you get that blue book in the mail, you know that the cruise is getting closer. :)

So right! E-docs don't save paper: it saves their paper - you still have to print them on your paper. They don't save time: it saves their time - you have to spend your time printing them and getting the tags when you get to the pier.

Its all about cutting costs for the cruise lines, just like the "fun pass" scheme gets you to do their data input for them.

I agree and bet that 90% of the passengers will indeed print out the docs anyway. Let's not forget about the poor smuck that use to print out the docs. That being said there is something to be said for getting the paper in hand it adds to the anticipation.

If you've never received doc's from HAL, you could never appreciate receiving doc's in the mail!

They send a beautiful blue clutch-like bag (many have used it for their evening bag), along with the doc's. It makes all the anticipation so worth it! Even their luggage tags are classy!!!!

And the poster who said that the only people who are saving are the cruiselines, is correct. Certainly not us or the trees!

Send me my doc's....watch me dance!!!!!!! ;)

I recently did a Royal Caribbean cruise and the agency that I went with used electronic docs. The biggest draw back is that you have NO luggage tags. We drove to Port Canaveral. This means dropping off the luggage and getting out and filling out the luggage tags curbside.

If they had machines like at airport check-in that would produce the luggage tags, it would make things a lot less stressful.

There really is something to receiving your docs via the mail. But I am sure it will be a thing of the past very soon!

on my princess cruise next week u got the tags about a month ago in the mail

I perfer E-docs. Wow, it took me a good 30 seconds to fill out the luggage tags at the RCI doc in Miami. :rolleyes: Big deal.

30 seconds is awesome -Takes me a little longer to find a pen, wait for them to return with the luggage tags, and then fill out 4 luggage tags correctly - maybe I can practice for my next RCI cruise!

For my recent NCL cruise I recieved e-docs I was ok with that. One of the pages of the documents had a barcoded luggage tag with sail date and cabin number, you cut it out and folded it according to the directions and it made a sturdy tag from all of the folding (although it seems some on the NCL board couldn't figure out the folding part, so it seemed flimsy).

I will take either, but prefer e-docs because if for some reason you misplaced your docs, it takes just seconds to print out another set.

MAC

Cool. I'm glad Carnival is going to give you the option to either have paper or edocs. I would like the paper docs still. But I see that you can still have access to the edocs when your paper docs are prepared for mailing. So you can have both too. We all win!

Any opinions on printing E.doc's or requesting paper mailed to the house??:rolleyes:

We booked a gty 8a balcony on the Liberty 1/13/08 I noticed a thread that lets you go to the edoc's page, is it to early to do this?? We don't even have a cabin assignment yet and have not made our final payment, I don't want to jinx myself by snooping too early lol, just very anxious. What do most prefer the paper or edoc's. Thanks :D

Most prefer paper so they get luggage tags.

eDocs you will have to get your luggage tags at the pier or make them yourself from the picture in eDocs. But I would get them at the pier if I did eDocs.

The reason they are signing up for eDocs is it is one way to see your cabin assignment if you went thru a TA which you cant see otherwise on your booking on the Carnival site.

Does anyone know how to change your choice? Meaning I picked e-docs, but now I want them mailed. THANKS

I may be wrong and if I am I don't mind standing corrected, but I read on the e-doc page that if you choose e-docs you can't have paper docs. I really wanted to choose e-docs because curiosity us killing me about our cabin assignment, but I really would prefer paper until that is no longer an option.

Besides someone somewhere said that it was 40-something pages to print out. I guess if I have to print that many pages (if there was no other choice) than I would have to. :)

Archived