LIVE* From the Serenade of the Seas

Folgy

Not sure if this applies to your NPN group, but cruise lines sometimes book an agency/dance troup etc. With this they give a huge discount to the entertainment company and a lot of their friends and family take the cruise along with them. I believe the Serenade of the Seas cruising from Vancouver to Hawaii on September 26 has an awesome Tahitian dance company sailing with them and providing entertainment.

One of the girls I work with daughter is in the dance troup. They are also doing shows in Hawaii and are considered world class dancers.

We are leaving on the Radiance on September 25 and considered taking their cruise special on Sept 26, but found it was not much of a discount. So stayed with our original plans.

Folgy,

Is Tim Sievert the CD again? I saw more of his assistants than I did of him...

I don't know? I can't even find this characters name in the Daily Planner. LOL

I must say I have met so many wonderful families and friends on this cruise. I just want to *hug everybody. :p

I believe the Serenade of the Seas cruising from Vancouver to Hawaii on September 26 has an awesome Tahitian dance company sailing with them and providing entertainment.

That's my cruise! :( Perhaps I will not have to bother booking any Luau's if the entertainment will already be on the cruise.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having a blast. We just got the Celine Dion CD from Meritza in Concierge and cranked up the tunes in our suite. The Stereo system in the suite is totaly awesome. We are listening to the Titanic song with the Glass doors wide open. The sun is shining and the Vancouver Island cruising is fantastic.

I just died and went to heaven :p

Hey Fogey,

Glad you are having a great time! I almost cancelled my cruise yesterday because I read on another review site that the service on Serenade was horrible. Thankfully, my travel agent talked me out of it and RCL would not allow me to change ships.

I will be staying in an OS. What can I expect from "concierge service"?

I'll be taking the 11 night Vancouver/Hawaii September 26th.

Now, after all the replies on your thread I'm getting excited. I can't tell you how relieved I am.

Thanks

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having a blast. We just got the Celine Dion CD from Meritza in Concierge and cranked up the tunes in our suite. The Stereo system in the suite is totaly awesome. We are listening to the Titanic song with the Glass doors wide open. The sun is shining and the Vancouver Island cruising is fantastic.

I just died and went to heaven :p

That sounds wonderful to me.....have really enjoyed reading this thread! Makes me want to book the Serenade to Alaska next year! :D

Folgy,

Sounds like you have had an awesome time cant wait to go next week. Will also be celebrating my big 50.

Barbara

HAPPY BIRTHDAY *HUG*

I guarantee you are going to have the time of your life :D

I am headed to the Concierge to have drinks with all my friends that I have made on the cruise.

WEcounted over 200 killer whales in the past hour.

Hi Folgy,

So glad you've had such a good time!!!

Could you please give a description of the "Concierge Room" and what amenities it has? This will be our 1st cruise with this type of amenity. Who is eligible to use it? etc. etc. etc.

Can't wait for Oct 7 to Hawaii....

I will never cruise without Concierge again.

It is like having the front Desk at your fingure tips . All excursions and any questions can be done right there.

FREE alchohol beverages of ALL kinds are there and Maritza served us ..or you can help yourself 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm (great social event)

Breakfast goodies and hot houre douvres in the evening

Free DVD or CD's for your room.

I will never cruise without Concierge again.

It is like having the front Desk at your fingure tips . All excursions and any questions can be done right there.

FREE alchohol beverages of ALL kinds are there and Maritza served us ..or you can help yourself 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm (great social event)

Breakfast goodies and hot houre douvres in the evening

Free DVD or CD's for your room.

Thanks for all your wonderful posts.....looking forward to your complete review.

Just wondering who is eligible to use the concierge room? I know you were in a GS......was told Diamond members can use it too.......is that true? Sure hope so......

Thanks for all your wonderful posts.....looking forward to your complete review.

Just wondering who is eligible to use the concierge room? I know you were in a GS......was told Diamond members can use it too.......is that true? Sure hope so......

You are correct. Diamond and Platinum can use it also. Yippeeeeee I am Diamond now.

I want to post a picture of myself with the mush team I was driving. I forgot how?

Please anyone :confused:

Email it to me at cruise /at/ dslr.net and I will re-size and post it for you.

How much was your bill for Internet connection for the trip?

Thankyou Flagger,

It is 100.00 for the entire week .

It is dial up. The speed is usually 42 to 48 Mpbs.

Thanks for the prelude to what we have to look forward to in a few weeks. Looking forward to your review. Thanks for sharing... Sue (Are you having PCD yet?)

lol

I am having PCD ,,,,,Big Time

I did not want to get off the ship. I am looking for our next cruise now. We met so many wonderful families that have invited us to stay with them from South Africa to Britain.

That is one of favorite parts of cruising. When you board you are all strangers. When you debark you leave with some of the best friends you'll ever know. Hopefully our pevious cruise buddies will make the trek from Kelowna to Vancouver to see us. Have a good night. (Putting off going to bed aren't you? That means it's really over. I hate that part.)

Sue

That is one of favorite parts of cruising. When you board you are all strangers. When you debark you leave with some of the best friends you'll ever know. Hopefully our pevious cruise buddies will make the trek from Kelowna to Vancouver to see us. Have a good night. (Putting off going to bed aren't you? That means it's really over. I hate that part.)

Sue

I am wired for sound. I just can't seem to shut down . I ran on 4 to 6hrs of sleep each day as I did not want to miss a thing.

I hope you have the time of your life. The ship is just too much fun. :p

Archived