BIG Announcement from Celebrity

TWELVEOHONE

For those that are wondering and haven't read this yet here's their official gratuity policy:

For the convenience of our guests, we will automatically charge gratuities to their SeaPassSM account at the end of their cruise; based on the industry norm, we recommend a daily rate of $12.25 per person. This covers all service personnel, including the waiters and head waiters who look after guests in the dining rooms; housekeeping staff; and butlers and stateroom attendants. Please note that bar/wine personnel are acknowledged with the standard 15% of the beverages and wines billed for the service rendered. We understand, however, that tipping is a personal option, so if you wish to adjust the amount, please contact Guest Relations who will be happy to assist you.

Yeah, but what's their dress code? More importantly, will they continue to degrade the cruising experience by allowing non-compliant passengers to wander freely around the ship, or will they be sent back to quarters with a stern warning? If someone repeatedly violates the dress code, will they be forced to wash dishes, load the coal hopper, or do laundry, or will they simply be drawn, quartered, and thrown overboard? ;)

A word of warning for smokers these ship are really non-smoking -- it's in the Q & A area -- a real change from the normal Celebrity

Non-smokers will be happy -- But cruising in Europe may effect that area as to bookings.

Here's their smoking policy:

Azamara Journey has two designated smoking areas. These areas are located in the aft section of the Looking Glass Lounge on the port side, and on the starboard forward section of the Pool Deck. Smoking areas have signs indicating that smoking is permitted there. All other areas of the ship are non-smoking. This includes Public Rooms, Restaurants, Pool Deck, Staterooms and Suites, Verandas and Halls. For the comfort of all of our guests, we request strict adherence to this policy, and thank all of our guests for their cooperation.

Sounds like they will be taking a hard line on that. Happy Sailing!

This new news does not really grab me that much. :cool:

For a long cruise (20 days or more) I would prefer Regent over Journey or Quest. The ships are the same size (700 pax) but on Regent ALL cabins are suites with balcony, plus All-Inclusive on wine, etc. The smallest cabin on Regent is 300 sq ft (inc balcony) so who would want to spend a long voyage in a chicken coop cabin like those on the R-Class sized ships?

Just my opinion so don't get in a Celebrity uproar (common here sometimes) :eek:

Rich :cool:

No flaming...I imagine I would actually agree with you (though I haven't actually sailed on Regent). However, there is still a pretty significant price difference between Azamara and Regent...I think.

No flaming...I imagine I would actually agree with you (though I haven't actually sailed on Regent). However, there is still a pretty significant price difference between Azamara and Regent...I think.

When all added up, I think the price diff won't be that great.

All tips are included on Regent...that includes butler tips.

Rich :cool:

here's the answer about Captain Club membership under Azamara's new website:

our Captain's Club membership falls into one of three levels. To qualify for enrollment, you must complete one sailing on Azamara or Celebrity Cruises.

So it appears that nothing has changed. Happy Sailing!

Sounds like the Captain's Club in the early days - when sailings on Fantasy (also a Chandris line) and Celebrity counted.

Check out the Celebrity web site. Lots of new info.

Journey and Quest are going to be a whole new cruise line - Azamara.

I quickly checked the Captain's Club for Azamara, and found a difference from the X Captain's Club. The Azamara CC will give extra credit for members only for suites, I guess because there is no Concierge Class. :cool:

Check out the Celebrity web site. Lots of new info.

I quickly checked the Captain's Club for Azamara, and found a difference from the X Captain's Club. The Azamara CC will give extra credit for members only for suites, I guess because there is no Concierge Class. :cool:

Hi Crabby Harper !

Just to clarify, there is not a standalone Azamara Captains Club. It appears to be all 1 program (Captains Club).

This is per the Azamara website :

As a Captain's Club member you will now be receiving credits for your completed sailings on both Azamara and Celebrity Cruises. Your cruise credits will accumulate within the same membership account.

When you begin your voyage on Azamara, you will find familiar events, touches, and benefits. Your Premium Booklet and welcome letter will both be delivered to your stateroom. Captain's Club special events will also be scheduled for your enjoyment throughout the sailing. In addition, you'll find the Captain's Club Cruise Sales Manager onboard to answer any questions you might have about your membership.

Hello to all. So, all three points that I was hinting on came out today during the press conference.

The name Azamara Cruises. The hint i gave you all was the word "azamara" spelled backwards

The world cruise as well like I mentioned.

Also, the island that Celebrity will not be sailing for the 2008-2009 will be Bermuda.

I was not trying to play games with you all. I just did not want it to come back to me as this site is patrolled by the cruise lines.

Pretty soon I will be able to talk about the Solstice class and what it will make it different from the other Celebrity class ship. If you have any questions about both Royal, Celebrity or Azamara then just let me know.

Although some did not enjoy the mystery surrounding your posting yesterday, I did. Thanks for providing one of the more intriguing posts on this board in awhile. I guess Royal Caribbean sailings don't/won't count toward Celebrity or Azamara Captain's Club. Oh well. Happy Sailing!

yes and no. say for instance, you are a diamond member on royal. You will get the coupon booklet and status on Celebrity as you would on Royal. But if you sign up for Captain Club then it will count as your first sailing with Celebrity. On Azamara, they will be doing the same thing as well, but, there is talk already about doing a past guest program with Azamara once a third ship is in the fleet. This was mentioned before because the Xpedition was being considered for the third ship in the Azamara fleet. But, because the term Celebrity Xpedition has been used for a few years now, it made more sense using the term Azamara Qwest and Azamara Journey.

There is alot of skeptics on this post. The reality is that there is a difference between mass market premium (which X is probably the best) and Luxury cruise lines.. Oceania has carved a very successful nich between the 2 and it appears that X is putting a label on it as "deluxe" and hopefully will match or better O. I've been on both lines and each has a good product , but as you go up so goes the price above mass mkt but below all inclusive luxury ships. O does give every pax multiple free seatings in their speciality restaurants and permits bringing liquor onboard (so far X is not providing the same). I am looking forward to the reviews of Journey , but recognize that the 1st ones will be from pax (possibly w families) that were expecting a different experience. I'm looking forward to our So Americian cruise on Journey 2/08. by the way, we've had cc and sky suites on Millie class and regular veranda cabins on O for 12 days and it was just fine (xcept we wished the cruise was longer).

Well I'm platinum level with Royal but never sailed with Celebrity. Our 10/07 Quest cruise was to be our first. I was hoping Azamara would link up to Royal instead of Celebrity and then we could be considered past cruisers when we sail with Azamara later this year. Happy Sailing!

For the convenience of our guests, we will automatically charge gratuities to their SeaPassSM account at the end of their cruise; based on the industry norm, we recommend a daily rate of $12.25 per person.

This amount falls in between the Concierge Class ($11) and the Suites, which have a butler ($14). Interesting that this is Celebrity's first time to automatically charge tips to your account. I wonder if it's a sign of things to come for the other brands?

I plan to have the tip calculator updated sometime this evening.

Theron

Lois R, I never started the tread. I just answered the person who started it.

I started this thread but never asked or predicted what the annoucement would be. I only gave a strong rumor of a world cruise, so you did not answer my questions which I did not have.

This amount falls in between the Concierge Class ($11) and the Suites, which have a butler ($14). Interesting that this is Celebrity's first time to automatically charge tips to your account. I wonder if it's a sign of things to come for the other brands?

I plan to have the tip calculator updated sometime this evening.

Theron

I think the automatic tipping has more to do with the fact that there will be open seating in the restaurants and the fact that you will not have a regular waiter.

Archived