BIG Announcement from Celebrity

TWELVEOHONE

Probably ordering new small ships. What I would do if I were RCI would be to tranfer some ships like Brillance, Jewel, Radiance, Seranade to Celebrity.

Hi Charles !

I have also been wondering about the possibility of Celebrity adding or building some smaller ships to compliment Journey and Quest. As for Royal Caribbean moving some ships over to Celebrity, while a possibility, I cant see them moving any of the Radiance Class Ships to X at this point. They are not that old, and very popular. A better bet for transfer to Celebrity would be any or all of the Vision Class ships. If any transfers eventually happen, that would be a BIG announcement :).

ok so this is what we know so far:

1. X will make 3 announcements tomorrow at Noon eastern time..

#1 - Wrucideolrs = world cruise CONFIRMED

#2 - A certain Country will not be happy or it will be happy with the fact that no ships or there will be ships calling it a port of call = guessing - could it be we're pulling OUT of Turkey?

#3 - Aramaza = guessing - could it be TURKEY?

i've heard rumors and from what I've heard (and trust me when I say that I believe the rumors to be true) -- I can't confirm until tomorrow, which is why you haven't read about it on Cruise Critic news. There are big plans for the Journey class.

We'll be covering the announcement tomorrow.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor

Cruise Critic

I was just informed that Celebrity will be making a big announcxement this week-end (Saturday). So far it is very secret but a RUMOR has it that teh Journey will be doing a world cruise.

Please keep in mind that this is a only a rumor

Thank you Carolyn. I look forward to hearing what Celebrity has to say, especially because we are booked on Quest on 11/24 and we're really looking forward to being on a smaller ship again.

Undercover Cruiser, please stop playing games. If you can reveal what you know, please do so. If you can't, please stop hinting around. It reminds me of 7 year olds who tell you they have a secret but they can't tell anyone else.

I prefer free booze for all pax. What better way to ensure customer satisfaction? :D

Yes, that would be quite a hit! I was far to afraid to go that far--I was afraid I was pushing it by asking to be allowed to bring three bottles of wine on board.

I should have been much bolder, like you! Yes, free booze, then!

I will never be able to sell that land to Mike now he will be sailing all the time with those free drinks! LOL

No, not true. A deal is a deal, and, even with free booze, I would still like to buy your land. You did agree to take the dog too, right?

Thank you Carolyn. I look forward to hearing what Celebrity has to say, especially because we are booked on Quest on 11/24 and we're really looking forward to being on a smaller ship again.

Undercover Cruiser, please stop playing games. If you can reveal what you know, please do so. If you can't, please stop hinting around. It reminds me of 7 year olds who tell you they have a secret but they can't tell anyone else.

Susan, glad I am not the only one who feels that way.....

You and I seem to be in the minority.

Susan, glad I am not the only one who feels that way.....

You and I seem to be in the minority.

No. you are not in the minority. Some here are just feeding a BIG ego!

"I know something you don't!!! nah, nah ,nah, nah, nah!!!!

(but isn't it fun?)

Hi Everyone !

Either way, minority or majority.... we will know what the news is soon ! As soon as I see a press release, I will let you know. Even though I am pretty fast about posting on here, someone will probably beat me to it. Perhaps it will make for some good discussion later today. Stay tuned !

Donald Rumsfeld summed it up best when he said that there are Known knowns-things that we know that we know-Known unknowns-things that we know that we don't know and unknown unknowns-things that we don't know that we don't know.

Perhaps the announcement will be alot of hype--just like the build up to New Century whihc went opn for months.. It is a lovely ship but stillold where it was old. And most of the improvements were to generate revenue. No T pool, same old outdoor pool & same awkward pedestrain flow in public area...It is a nice & very clean ship with outstanding food & service, but Mercury is alot nicer--just needs to get spruced up & keep its T pool!!

No. you are not in the minority. Some here are just feeding a BIG ego!

"I know something you don't!!! nah, nah ,nah, nah, nah!!!!

(but isn't it fun?)

Or, maybe just having a little fun!

Five more minutes, oh boy!

Of course I didn't mean that I know something -- unlikely!! I meant I want to be a part of the minority.

In a few minutes, we will all know something.... I hope ! ;)

(BTW, TenerifeSharon, next month we'll be flying to Tenerife to visit my parents-in-law, they live there too. Beautiful island !)

Pam--2:50 in the morning! Maybe that is part of the time thing--does that mean 2:50 my time, which would be 5:50 your time--or something like that.

It is a short-haired collie...

Archived