BIG Announcement from Celebrity

TWELVEOHONE

Our guess is the country that won't be happy with the announcement is Bermuda.

Hi Kewlguy !

That's my guess too. A while ago, I remember reading that Celebrity's Bermuda agreement was due to expire soon. Perhaps they are not going to be sailing there in the future (although I hope thats not it). We should know the news soon.

i've heard rumors and from what I've heard (and trust me when I say that I believe the rumors to be true) -- I can't confirm until tomorrow, which is why you haven't read about it on Cruise Critic news. There are big plans for the Journey class.

We'll be covering the announcement tomorrow.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor

Cruise Critic

I still cannot find the announcement:confused:

I still cannot find the announcement:confused:

That is probably because it hasn't been made yet....I wonder

if Royal and Celebrity run on their own time zones:eek: :rolleyes:

On the Celebrity site - if you go to the site map there is a link for press releases.

But, there is nothing there, so far...

I guess I better do something productive and check back later.

On the Celebrity site - if you go to the site map there is a link for press releases.

I am actually in the cruise industry and got this little FYI for everyone:

Just a FYI and I spoke to someone at Celebrity and the website for the BIG NEWS is going to be on www.azamaracruises.com (not yet up)

The other news was that they will be donig Asia/Pacific cruises and a World Cruise in 2010 on either the Journey or Quest

Guest are able to call 1-877-999-9553.

John

Well, this doesn't look like a world cruise. I'm disappointed - don't want to wait until 2010. I hope azamara will be in the luxury category.

LINE-CEL SHIP-AZAMARA JOURNEY DATE-27APR08

CURR-USD ITINERARY-7 NIGHT BERMUDA CRUISE

That would probably be the new website for amazaracruises don't you think? Sounds like another luxury CL is about to be created. Happy Sailing!

Yes, I do think. I was trying to point out that he got that right, too.

Exotic Destination-Driven Brand to Sail in Europe, South America, Asia and Around the World

MIAMI, May 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The launch of a new ship is a momentous occasion for any cruise line, but Celebrity Cruises has made the introduction of their latest liner especially significant. Today, Celebrity not only marked the launch of a 710-guest ship which sets sail tomorrow, but also introduced an entirely new, deluxe cruise brand: "Azamara Cruises."

Thanks for the great link--right to the article!

Funny that the article already has a link to the new Azamara webpage--but the webpage still only has a place holder.

They did the release; they need to get the page up while everyone is hitting on it!

why would anyone want to make a world cruise in one of those small cabins that R built on their ships? I think inside a month one would develop claustrophobia big time. Unless the price of these so-called luxury trips is commensurate with the cabin size, seems to me that world cruisers would continue to flock to Cunard and HAL for comfort if nothing else. Sounds like a lot of PR; will have to wait to see if there is substance to match:(

Archived