Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Suzski, thank you so much for the info and the beautiful photos.....the beach looks beautiful. I think that I will make a reservation with Nativeway today. We will be there the 2nd week in Dec. What time of year was this? Thanks again.

Just found out our cabin number :D Does anyone know anything about cabin 7239??? I checked carnival site. The cabin has a star by it.

Is it a extended balcony cabin?

Does anyone know where the self laundermat is located? Now that the cabin has been assigned, can it change?? we cruise in november.

is this a good location??? Seems like the cruise is actually just around the corner, compare to when we booked it.

No, sorry it isn't an extended balcony but you balcony has no one to your immediate left, as you are on a corner part.

The star means you also have a convertible sofa, suitable cabin for a third person.

Any cabin on the Legend is a good cabin! haha...can you tell she is my favorite?

Sorry, i don't do laundry...it is in one of those large white squares probably. I am sure someone else can tell you....

Have a great cruise.

I'm cruising the Legend on 9/09/07 for my honeymoon. We booked OV guarateed and have been placed in 6119 - can anyone tell me if this a is a good cabin?:)

I would say YES...you now have a balcony. Much more romantic! you are on a decent deck too!

Just found out our cabin number :D Does anyone know anything about cabin 7239??? I checked carnival site. The cabin has a star by it.

Is it a extended balcony cabin?

Does anyone know where the self laundermat is located? Now that the cabin has been assigned, can it change?? we cruise in november.

is this a good location??? Seems like the cruise is actually just around the corner, compare to when we booked it.

About the laundry:

On the ships layout and on your level, from your room go down to the next set of elevators, between rooms 7258 and 7260 there should be a laundry room.

I'm about 95% sure of this because on the legend we have room 8232 which is 7258 on your level and our TA said that white square is the laundry room....so I'm sure its in the same location as on our level.

Hello All. Again, thanks for all the wonderful information. I'm getting ready to make our booking and am thinking about one of the aft extended balcony rooms on the main deck, as opposed to one of the upper decks. My only reservation is that it is right above the dining room. Do you all think there will be quite a bit of noise from the dining room?

Hi all!

We had booked an inside guarantee for our upcoming cruise, and just found out that we were upgraded to a 6A oceanview!! I'm very excited, but just noticed that it is right under the Atlantis Lounge. Do you think it will be loud in our cabin? I'm not complaining, just wondering if I should bring ear plugs for sleeping.

Thanks!

Hi -

I've scanned all 16 pages and still have a couple of 'Legend' questions:

Can you view the Skyway bridge from your cabin balcony?

I read they have self-serve laundry and ironing, but can you still send it out? (I'm too lazy when I'm on vacation to do my own ironing.:o )

I saw a question about stabilizers, but did not see an answer. Is there a problem with the stabilizers on the Legend? I've seen it mentioned on other threads.....

Thanks,

What night is the *weakest* in the dining room?

Trying to decide what night to book the specialty restaurant.

I always pick "beef wellington night" but I don't know what night that is till I get there and ask.

That's always my pick to do the supper club on that night!!:D

Thanks for all the tips. To answer a few of the questions -

1. We just sailed on the Inspiration in June and it also left at 4:00. We were under the Skyway at 6:30. You can see it from your balcony. It is a beautiful site - especially thrilling for me as I grew up in Clearwater.

2. Changing room assignments - you need to do this onboard. Just go to the Purser's Desk with everyone in your party and their room keys. There were 8 of us and only 2 stay in their assigned rooms.

3. You can send your laundry out. Thank goodness. :p

What night is the *weakest* in the dining room?

Trying to decide what night to book the specialty restaurant.

well, you might want to also plan it around your excursions. You don't want to be tired that night!

We did it on Tuesday after Grand Cayman. Shorter day not tired from excursions.

We also looked at the menus first...

we could have also gone on Friday or Saturday. In May 2008 we go again, so I think we'll try it two nights.

Hi~We sailed 4-22-07 on the Legend and had Cabin 5163 which was an obstructed view balcony. We were very happy with this room and the lifeboat was fine for us...here are some pictures of our room. Please ignore the beautiful people in the pictures...I did not take any without family in them :) :D

CarnivalLegend1024.jpg

CarnivalLegend1026.jpg

Does anyone know if they have trays on the buffett? My wife has decided since Room Service does not do warm dishes; then I shall provide for her. It would be much easier to carry a tray.

We used these trays every day and night to bring lots of ice cream back to our room...was not a problem

I'm guessing you mean the highest deck, not me LOL....

Thanks for the response! Hope you had a great cruise.

LOL!

Anybody know what time the Legend passes under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge? I don't want to miss it, but I think I read in some post that it was 7PM, which seems kinda late. I'm onboard 9-2-7....getting close! :)

We sailed under the bridge during our dinner which started at 5:45. We wanted to be outside to see it but forgot after all the excitement of eating...so we got pictures from our tables

CarnivalLegend1051.jpg

Great idea. Thanks for your help.

My family of five are taking our first cruise on Carnival’s Legend in February 08. It is also our 25th anniversary. We are as giddy as school children and very curious and interested in what awaits us. Wondering if you could offer answers to any of these questions any any other Legend related information for that matter..

• Did anyone on your cruise arrive back at the dock late after a day with Cave Tubing.com in Belize and therefore missed the sailing? This scares me.
  • Is sushi served on the ship? My son loves it!!
  • Any advice on the best port of call for parasailing? What can we expect to pay?
  • What is the price for the carbonated drink card?
  • Is there access to an iron and ironing board (I was told to ask!!!)

This is my first posting on this site, so if I have violated any rules, please forgive me.

Thanks for your help. Hope you had a fantastic time.

My family of five are taking our first cruise on Carnival’s Legend in February 08. It is also our 25th anniversary. We are as giddy as school children and very curious and interested in what awaits us. Wondering if you could offer answers to any of these questions any any other Legend related information for that matter..

• Did anyone on your cruise arrive back at the dock late after a day with Cave Tubing.com in Belize and therefore missed the sailing? This scares me.
  • Any advice on the best port of call for parasailing? What can we expect to pay?

This is my first posting on this site, so if I have violated any rules, please forgive me.

We cruise on the legend in 12 days. To sort of answer your first question, Yhonny from cave-tubing.com says they have you back to the pier between 2:30 and 3:30. Which is plenty of time when you have to be onboard by 5.

Second, from what I've read on here and on carnival.com, YES there is sushi!! YAY!

Other questions: do a search on Cruise Critic...you will find out LOTS of information!

Have a wondertul trip!

If you would like I would be happy to forward you an email from Major Tom at cavetubing.com I received last week (very informative and settling, he is great). Post your email address or feel free to emial me at rturner@ilbrands.com and I will send it to you.

There is an iron and ironing board in the public laundry area. They also have an ironing service that considering your on vacation is horribly expensive. It think I paid $35-40 to have a weeks worth of clothes iron. Worth every penny!!

If I remember correctly the drink card starts around $35 and goes down each day because you have less time to use it. If you drink more than 2 sodas a day it saves you money. My wife and I used the same card last year for the whole cruise, no one ever questioned it and most of the bartenders would actually ask if the other one of us wanted one too so we didn't even have to be sneaky. After I bought the first coke in the Carnival glass (similar to a travel coffe cup with lid) I used it the rest of the week with my smuggled bottle of Crown for mixed drinks in the room.

Hope this helps.

Going on the Legend Sep 2nd and have a few newbie 1st time cruiser questions:

1. Are the two designated "formal" nights held in the regular dinning room (Truffles Restaurant) served for the masses or is at the upper scale dinning (Golden Fleece Supper Club) for only those who make reservations?

2. I read about the swimming with the sting rays is the thing to do at Grand Cayman. My wife doesn't like big fish if they swim close by, do you recommend that I skip this excursion? Or is it really tame? If it doesn't sound like she would enjoy it, then it sounds like we should go to Sea Grape or Royal Palms beach which doesn't sound like a bad consolation prize.

3. It looks like the Medusa's Lair is the dance club but are there any other bars that have dancing? The floor plans look like Satchmo's has a dance floor as well. What type of music is played in there? (jazz?)

4. Is breakfast and lunch served in the Truffles Restaurant or is it in a different buffet dining room? I read that there is no specified time and is a buffet but I didn't read anywhere about where it's served.

5. Is tea free? Is it brewed or instant?

Thanks in advance. I love all the advice!

Mark