What gets cleaned in your room during your cruise?

I found out they dont change the towels unless you dump them on the floor. Im the type who keeps hanging them up nicely and couldnt figure out why never got clean towels when the ones hanging there were obviously dirty.

I do need reading glasses for small print, there is a sign that to save the economy they dont change towels unless they are on the floor duuh!!!

DellDell,

The service on the ships is amazing, and I am sure you will love the magic fairies that visit your room:D . They will come in two times each day and make it beautiful for you. Like the other poster said if you want fresh towels you must throw them on the floor(momma never let you get away with that!) Your sheets will be changed about every three days,but if you ask they will be changed daily. Bathrooms, all countertops,and and trash cans are cleaned twice a day. Also ice buckets are filled. If you leave any clothing out it is folded or draped over a chair. Chocolates on your pillow every night:D If there is ever anything you need or want all you have to do is ask and it will be done! Have a great cruise,and enjoy:) Chris

DellDell,

The service on the ships is amazing, and I am sure you will love the magic fairies that visit your room:D .

Agreed ! ! ! They ask that you reuse the towels and sheets, for at least a few days, for the environment. Our Steward even took our cleaning out for us when we had the bags set up, and hung up our clothes if they were neatly "arranged" on a chair (we became lazy on day 3 :rolleyes: )

They aren't cabin stewards...They are magic little elves!!!! I feel sorry for them because of the way that we leave our cabin in the morning, just a total mess! We'll come back after breakfast and "WOW"!!!, everything is just beautiful. Towels on the floor means you get fresh towels. Our sheets were changed every other day on the Rhapsody in April. Have fun cruising :)

Here are a couple of examples as to how they go above and beyond.

I had purchased a pair of sunglasses on shore that broke the first day:( Threw them in the trash, came back from dinner and our attendant had picked them out and set them on the vanity.This happened 3 more times until I finally had to totally destroy them so he could see that they were unusable.

Sent out some laundry including a crinkily short set, recieved a very nice letter from the laundry appoligising(sp) for not being able to get all of the "wrinkles out" and there would be no charge for the whole order:o Chris

You well may have the great experience that's been described here. Or not. It will depend on the steward you get and by far, there are more good ones than bad. That said, we had a really disappointing time on the Mariner last year. I'm sure if we had made our expectations specifically known and followed channels we could have resolved our issues and it's OUR BAD that we didn't. We let it put a damper on our trip and now we know better. Please, please, if you don't feel you are getting a reasonable amount of attention try to sort it out (steward first, then housekeeping supervisor, then maybe hotel director's staff if it goes that far).

Happy Sails,

Annette

DellDell,

The service on the ships is amazing, and I am sure you will love the magic fairies that visit your room:D . They will come in two times each day and make it beautiful for you. Like the other poster said if you want fresh towels you must throw them on the floor(momma never let you get away with that!) Your sheets will be changed about every three days,but if you ask they will be changed daily. Bathrooms, all countertops,and and trash cans are cleaned twice a day. Also ice buckets are filled. If you leave any clothing out it is folded or draped over a chair. Chocolates on your pillow every night:D If there is ever anything you need or want all you have to do is ask and it will be done! Have a great cruise,and enjoy:) Chris

Gee, just like home!!!lol

You know, there is one area that I always notice because I'm looking for it now. Did you ever notice the curved edges of the drawers that you have to use to pull them open? They are NEVER dusted and the build-up is pretty amazing!

On the other hand, I brought plastic zipper bags to empty my ashtray into on the balcony so no ashes were flying around anywhere. One morning i forgot to throw the bag in the trash, and he EMPTIED THE BAG, CLEANED IT OUT AND PUT IT BACK! Now that's service!:D

They will vacuum, wipe down stuff, change sheets, towels, (ours have always been replace even when hanging, but obviously wet!) straighten, etc... We tend to keep our cabin pretty neat, so there's not alot of picking up for the attendant to do. We've never had a bad one, yet! (Although on one cruise, we NEVER saw the attendant!!!! Must be magic!)

They are very efficient... perhaps too efficient... the water bottle I was saving on my nightstand to refill for shore excusions was thrown out (or recycled). My own fault, but whatever.

Also, any personal items left out may be used for the towel animals! We have several shots of hubby's sunglasses on seals, hanging apes, and whatever else they would fit on. If you'd rather the attendant not touch your stuff, just remember to slip it into a drawer. ;)

I never had clothes hung up. Once we were in the cabin in the evening changing, I fully expected her to come back later, since she knew she had not finished and we didnt have ice. I was naked is why I didnt let her in earlier and we were gone in 10 minutes, no ice that night.

It took me 4 or 5 days to find out why she never changed the towels. But she was very nice, no biggie, but I never had clothes hung up or moved like others are talking about. Mostly she just made up the beds.

Iv had worse stewards, on the Grand Princess who came in when I had put a do not disturb sign on the door, now to me thats the worst, not respecting my privacy, anything else I am fine with.

Archived