If you could change just one thing (or two)...

Sky Sweet

I would soooooo love to see smoking restricted to just a couple of areas onboard, as on Journey and Quest of the new Azamara line. How nice it would be step out on our balcony and not smell smoke.

Also, I'd like to see the dress codes enforced.

Hmmm....please no flaming:eek: ....but if they would make the

single supplement lower that would make me very happy:)

I still love the product and have 2 more booked but lets say,

135% supplement across the board....just my thoughts, so

again, don't slam me for it.

Celebrity would get a lot more of my business with a reasonable SS, even 150%. As it stands, I only sail with them when I am taking someone along. When I sail solo, which is often, Crystal gets my business with their 25% SS.

Hi:)

The problem is (for me anyway), even though Crystal has

a low supplement the cruise price itself is more than

I can afford.:eek:

So it doesn't help me.

More Caribbean ships.

More Caribbean itineraries.

Stay in the Caribbean longer in the Spring/Summer.

Longer Caribbean itineraries.

Did I mention more Caribbean support by Celeb? :D

LOL - looks like most people here would be happy with Azamara; country-club casual all the time, very restricted smoking areas and long, interesting Caribbean itineraries.

As for changes to Celebrity, I would love to see free Cova Cafe coffee, internet and dry cleaning for Elite passengers (I can dream, can't I?)

Brenda

I would make the price inclusive of everything, therefore higher by around 75%. that would include taxes, port fees, tips, drinks, and internet. They could still control the people that drink too much by giving the bartenders the right they have now to refuse drinks. Just to know you could know what the total would be would make the trip more enjoyable. You only pay for nick nacks and souveniers. What do you think?

Hi, I know there are some folks who enjoy the "all inclusive"

but if the prices went up by 75%:eek: I would be out the door....

trying to find something else.

Hi, I know there are some folks who enjoy the "all inclusive"

but if the prices went up by 75%:eek: I would be out the door....

trying to find something else.

don't the extra fees add up to about that? The port fees, tips, taxes, drinks, etc. cost around the same thing as if you doublle the cost. My husband and I only had 4 drinks each so they aren't a big expense for us. We bought the coke card on HAL but it still cost us around double the cost of the cruise.

This will probably be a very unpopular response but I would like to see them do away with dressing formal, informal and move in the direction of 100% country club casual.

Please, please, please, Celebrity do not change this! This is about the only mid-priced cruise line where you can still get the option to dress up and feel special. If you want to be casual, chose another line. :confused:

I do agree with changing the informal nights. No one knows what that really means. I travel with three elderly relatives and for informal I show up with basic black and they show up in Alfred Dunner. Yikes! How about formal, dressy casual, and casual?

Another vote for just one formal night at most, or 100% Country Club Casual. It makes it too difficult with weight restrictions on the airlines for long cruises. Also would like to see more "all inclusive" and less nickel and diming us once we're on board.

[quote name='D&L']Formal and informal nights. No casual. Enforce ALL rules.[/quote]

I'm with you. These 'go for casual' folks are KILLING me! They want to take away what makes Celebrity 'simply the best'. That's why there are choices out there - if someone wants casual and fewer rules and more partying, fine - but pick another cruise line, don't mess with the best!:D

[quote name='phoenix_dream']I hope you are writing this tongue-in-cheek. Or maybe you thought you were on the Carnival board by mistake :)[/QUOTE]

Did you not see the wink at the top of the post? Sometimes we take each other too seriously.

[quote name='cruzinnluvinit']don't the extra fees add up to about that? The port fees, tips, taxes, drinks, etc. cost around the same thing as if you doublle the cost. My husband and I only had 4 drinks each so they aren't a big expense for us. We bought the coke card on HAL but it still cost us around double the cost of the cruise.[/quote]

Hi, I prefer to keep things the way they are....I pay double
as it is (sailing solo).
The thread is about what changes people would like to see;)
Nothing personal honest:D. I don't want it to be all inclusive.

[quote name='Lois R']Hmmm....please no flaming:eek: ....but if they would make the
single supplement lower that would make me very happy:)

I still love the product and have 2 more booked but lets say,
135% supplement across the board....just my thoughts, so
again, don't slam me for it.[/quote]

Lois, I agree with you!

Alaska charges a $50 head tax on cruise passengers, but as a solo cruiser on Celebrity I must pay $100 ... who's the other person that I'm paying for??? Ditto with port charges. These additional expenses should be strictly on the basis of one charge per head. I think that Holland-America doesn't charge double taxes for solo passengers.

[quote name='Celebritymania']Lois, I agree with you!

Alaska charges a $50 head tax on cruise passengers, but as a solo cruiser on Celebrity I must pay $100 ... who's the other person that I'm paying for??? Ditto with port charges. These additional expenses should be strictly on the basis of one charge per head. [B]I think that Holland-America doesn't charge double taxes for solo passengers[/B].[/quote]

No, they do not as a matter of fact. Interesting as one would think this is not cruise line dependent.:confused:

It would be nice to see the cruise lines offer less expensive single supplements.

[quote name='caviargal']No, they do not as a matter of fact. Interesting as one would think this is not cruise line dependent.:confused:

It would be nice to see the cruise lines offer less expensive single supplements.[/quote]

Hi, caviargal! I noticed that you are headed to Alaska on the Noordam on May 27. I'm also headed there on the same day, on the Infinity. Are you a solo cruiser, and is that why you use Holland-America? I like both Celebrity and Holland-America.

Donald.

[quote name='Celebritymania']Hi, caviargal! I noticed that you are headed to Alaska on the Noordam on May 27. I'm also headed there on the same day, on the Infinity. Are you a solo cruiser, and is that why you use Holland-America? I like both Celebrity and Holland-America.

Donald.[/quote]

Hi, Donald! I have cruised solo in the past, mostly on RCI for their range of activities and nightlife, but these days DH likes to join me when he can:).

I chose HAL because I really enjoy the line. I am spoiled with their suites and amenities and just really prefer their food and service to any of the other mass market lines. I like X also but not quite as much as HAL, at least not based on most two most recent cruises on each line (Mercury and Century on X, Zuiderdam and Oosterdam on HAL all within the past 2 years)
Another reason is that we prefer to bring several bottles - or a case if we feel like it - of our own wines with us and HAL allows it and charges a reasonable corkage fee. That gives them bonus points in our book:D.

Have a great cruise and I hope Alaska warms up just a bit before we get there!

[quote name='caviargal']Have a great cruise and I hope Alaska warms up just a bit before we get there![/quote]

Thanks for explaining why you prefer Holland-America. With Celebrity no longer doing the Mexican Riviera, I might do Holland-America more frequently (as I will next April).

You, too, have a great cruise! No idea what the weather might be like, but I always bring sunscreen and sunglasses, because when it's sunny, the sun's rays reflects off the snow on the mountains, as well as off the water. There've been times when I've received more sunburn in Alaska than in the Mexican Riviera!

Donald.

Archived