What would YOU want to ask Dan Hanrahan about Azamara??

LauraS

• Administrators

If you had a chance to chat with Azamara (and Celebrity Cruises) President Dan Hanrahan about the new line what would you want to ask? Here's your chance! Our Editor Carolyn Spencer Brown will be interviewing Hanrahan on Monday, June 4 for an upcoming Q&A http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/area.cfm?ID=19 on this brand new cruise line -- and Journey and Quest, its two ships.

We've got a bunch of questions. Have renovations been completed on Azamara Journey? What, beyond existing announcements pertaining to ship refurbishments and itineraries, does parent cruise line Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. plan for Azamara's future? Will new ships join the line anytime soon? And what has Azamara's onboard and headquarters team learned in the month since the launch of Azamara Journey?

So ask away here…. Submit your question below. And stay tuned next week for the launch of our Beyond the Decks: Q&A with Azamara.

Thank you for asking….

1) What are you short & long range plans for Celebrity Cruises?

2) Who is the target market cruiser for Celebrity?

3) Since Celebrity Cruises has perceived ongoing Customer Service issues, how can you assure the loyal Celebrity traveler that service (customer service, communications and ship service) and the Captains Club will improve?

Hello Mr. Hanrahan !

First, I would like to say a special thank you to Mr. Hanrahan for allowing us to ask questions.

Here are my questions :

1. Is there any possibility that Captains Club will have new levels added beyond Elite level ?

2. Might any of Royal Caribbean's Vision Class ships be headed to Celebrity and/or Azamara in the future ? If not, are there any plans beyond the Solstice Class ?

3. Where will Solstice be deployed, as there is no 7 night Caribbean product sailing out of South Florida in Winter 2008. Will Solstice be the ship that replaces Millennium on the Caribbean itinerary ?

Thank you, and I wish all the very best to Celebrity !

Dear Mr Hanrahan,

I repeat Lois's question about single supplements.

In addition, I would very much like to know in what direction Celebrity cruises original product is going. As someone who has had 5 cruises (on Millineum and Century) since October 2006, I obviously like the current product and would really be unhappy to see it downgraded.

Anne

While I appreciate that as past passengers of Celebrity we will be able to get credit on Azamara for past sailings, and that Azamara sailings will give us credit on Celebrity, I hope that there will not be the special "grandfathered-in and forevermore" separate tier of "founding members" of Celebrity getting special benefits that are not available to others, such as priority embarkation.

This is a new line and if you are going to create a separate tier of "founding members", let it be of Azamara cruisers, not of past Celebrity "founding members."

Please.

I'm would like to know why the Journey and Quest were separated into a "new" cruise line? Is it because of the differences in services and amenities due to the ship size, or is Azamara being positioned at a level premium, in service and price, to the rest of Celebrity's fleet in terms of food quality, service and itineraries? I ask this in part as we've seen some new price levels, for Celebrity, on some of the upcoming Azamara cruises that have been selling well.

If the Azamara brand is being positioned at a more premium level are there other changes being contemplated toward this end, such as a trend toward a more all inclusive ship like some of the competitors among the premiums lines?

I've been a good Celebrity customer with 7 Celebrity cruises in the past few years, and several more booked. I'm also a shareholder. I'll say that on every Celebrity cruise I've taken I've found things I like more, and some less, than the prior cruises. But I've never been disappointed in my overall cruise experience. To the contrary, I've had an overall great time on each cruise. I do have a Quest cruise booked for next February, in the Caribbean, and I'm looking forward to trying this new line.

Are you confident that Quest will be finished on time for it's maiden sailing? We are booked on this cruise since February and your customer service has told us the reason the ship is listed as sold out is because of "inventory maintenance". Do you have any updates?

Thank you.

Janie

1. After months long hype regarding Century's $55 million renovation, the marketing and launch of Azamara Journey (nee Celebrity Journey) was abysmal. Why wasn't a stronger emphasis placed on marketing the new cruising concept.. and ultimately a new brand?

2. Given that there was no market "push" for Journey in Bermuda for 2007, why have you abandoned Bermuda for 2008, yet have Infinity and Mercury sailing rt from Vancouver for 08 in a market which is cooling... and assigned rather hum drum Europe itineraries for Journey in Europe? Any plans of returning to Bermuda?

3. The inequities in benefits between Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor Club and Celebrity's Captain's Club are glaring. Will the Captain's Club ever receive parity in benefits?

Hello Mr. Hanrahan !

First, I would like to say a special thank you to Mr. Hanrahan for allowing us to ask questions.

Here are my questions :

1. Is there any possibility that Captains Club will have new levels added beyond Elite level ?

2. Might any of Royal Caribbean's Vision Class ships be headed to Celebrity and/or Azamara in the future ? If not, are there any plans beyond the Solstice Class ?

3. Where will Solstice be deployed, as there is no 7 night Caribbean product sailing out of South Florida in Winter 2008. Will Solstice be the ship that replaces Millennium on the Caribbean itinerary ?

Thank you, and I wish all the very best to Celebrity !

I would add to Andy's and Ocn's comments and respectfully ask him point blank why Celebrity has pretty much the worst repeaters program of all the major cruise lines.

Why did you wait until the last minute to announce Azamara?

Do you think the Quest will be ready in time for it's inaugural cruise or will you delay for construction reasons? If you delay, will you inform passengers in a timely manner so that they may make alternate vacation plans?

Is Celebrity/Azamara eventually going to cruise Bermuda in the future? Seems alot of people are upset about losing the Bermuda itinerary (with Celebrity/Azamara).

What I would like to know is the following:

How different will Azamara be from Celebrity. Until now, from what I have seen and heard, the impression is that Azamara can be described as “Celebrity with a twist” From the bed linen to the staff’s clothing and from the Cova Café to the Martini Bar. It is all very Celebrity. Nothing wrong with that of course, but what will the future goal for Azamara ?

1) Can you vary the length of Azamara cruises (esp. in Europe)? - [Another cruise line!] does 10 and 12 night cruises in the Mediterranean with their former R-ships, as well as 14 nights.

2) Please tell us that Galaxy is getting a refit in spring 2008;

3) Please give us more details of the Solstice class, please: ship layout certainly, and possible itineraries as well.

1) Can you vary the length of Azamara cruises (esp. in Europe)? - [Another cruise line!] does 10 and 12 night cruises in the Mediterranean with their former R-ships, as well as 14 nights.

2) Please tell us that Galaxy is getting a refit in spring 2008;

3) Please give us more details of the Solstice class, please: ship layout certainly, and possible itineraries as well.

Did you see Journey's Europe itineraries? There are 10, 11, 12, 14 and 18 nights... What more can you ask for :D

The hole in Galaxy's schedule in spring 2008 is for dry dock, similar to Mercury's recent refit... Not as 'big' as Century's refit, but still!

Solstice will be doing Millennium's Eastern Caribbean route in the winter of 2008/2009.

Floris

I would be interested in Mr. Hanrahan's vision of the Azamara 'butler service'. How does this vary from a cabin steward?

All of the initial reports suggest that there is no difference from a cabin steward apart from the increased gratuity expectation.

Bodger

Good Morning:

In regard to the Transatlantic crossing in April 2008 of the Quest....how will this smaller ship take to the rough Atlantic?

Tell me about your fitness center...how are your nightly shows?

Thanks

Will there be a 7-8 day replacement Bermuda cruise out of Cape Liberty? Explorer otS 5 day cruise is too short.

Can they improve wheelchair access on all their ships by consulting with disabled passengers? Much of what the professional "experts" have them do is wrong and not functional in design.

Even though it's already suggested, I am anxious to find out if there are any plans to return to Bermuda with 7 day itineraries.

Hoping that if enough people ask, this will be included in the list.

Any plans for expanding (or contracting) Celebrity Expeditions?

First of all, thanks for letting us suggest questions!

I second asking about how they plan to have Quest ready, given that it is scheduled to sail as Blue Moon on an 8 day cruise starting Sept. 16 in Europe, and is supposed to sail its maiden voyage as Quest on October 19. I would feel better if they would just acknowledge there were problems with Journey and do a better job of communicating how they plan to avoid a repeat with Quest.

Here's a new question, but somewhat related to how Azamara is going to differ from Celebrity: shore "immersions." The copy writing seems to suggest that something new will be offered that will allow passengers on Azamara to experience the culture of various destinations in a way that is more intimate/authentic than more mainstream shore excursions:

"Experience the far-reaching corners of the world in a most unique way with Azamara's shore excursions. Well beyond an ordinary tour; be prepared to be totally and completely immersed in local cultures, cuisines, history and lifestyle.

Each excursion is an experience unto itself, that's because we take you to ports and cities that most will never get to see in a lifetime of travel. Explore with experienced guides down cobblestone streets; relax in local haunts that are far off the beaten path; taste authentic, local cuisine."

No information is yet available on shore "immersions" for Quest to the Caribbean at least. What do they have in mind/in the works? I love the vision as described; what are they doing to realize it?

I see this as a way Azarama could really distinguish itself, but am a little apprehensive when the shore "immersions" details on the Azamara website is merely a link to the main Celebrity website. Not that Celebrity doesn't offer some fine excursions, but the expectation is that Azamara will offer something different and unique ....

Dear Mr. Hanrahan,

Another repeat question is Celebrity giving up Bermuda? This is our favorite, starting on the Horizon innaugural season and repeated 9 more times. Please let us have more cruises year round out of the states. Why do all the ships have to go to Europe, with the exception of the three in Alaska.

Archived