What would YOU want to ask Dan Hanrahan about Azamara??

LauraS

1. Why did Celebrity overstate the size of the staterooms on Journey and Quest by including the veranda when none of its other ships are listed that way and when will the website reflect the actual size of the rooms?

2. If Azamara/Celebrity wants to compete with Oceania, why the extra charge for the specialty restaurants?

3. The dismal launch of Journey was not simply a question of running out of time as much as it was another example of poor planning. What measures have been taken to remove those staff who were responsible for sailing a ship that is still under construction?

4. When will Journey be delivering all the amenities that people were promised, such as canapes in the afternoon, butlers, refridgerators in the cabins and working air conditioning and plumbing?

5. When will shore excursions for this ship be posted?

Given the recently announced Azamara itineraries for 2008-2009, I am wondering if Mr. Hanrahan intends to bring either of these ships back to a North American port at any time in the foreseeable future?

What are the true stateroom and verandah sizes for the PS, RS, and SS. Last week the websites read 603 w/100+ verandah for a penthouse, 538 w/ 100+ verandah for a royal, and 320 w/ 60 balcony for the sky suite. Today the numbers have been removed from both Celebrity and Azamara websites for the PS and RS. The SS now reads 266 w/ 60 balcony. Are we to assume that the original numbers did include the verandahs?

Thanks in advance for your honest response.

We are older, 37 and 62, and we have an almost three-year old son. We have cruised Celebrity almost exclusively, before our son was born. Is there any chance you will have any kind of kid's area on the Azamara line?

Please don't flame. Just asking a question.

Thanks, Cheryl

We are older, 37 and 62, and we have an almost three-year old son. We have cruised Celebrity almost exclusively, before our son was born. Is there any chance you will have any kind of kid's area on the Azamara line?

Please don't flame. Just asking a question.

Thanks, Cheryl

Hi Cheryl !

FYI, this question has pretty much been answered. For this Summer, Journey will have a kid's program, but I do not believe there will be a dedicated area. After this Summer, there will not be a childrens program.

Since both Journey and Quest are ideally sized for docking in Bermuda's ports of St. George and Hamilton, why would Azamara abandon Bermuda after this year? I believe these are the only ships that Celebrity, or most other cruise lines, have that can dock there. With everyone ordering new mega ships, I applauded Celebrity for acquiring the "R" ships that filled a special need. Why use them in Europe where almost any size ship will do?

Many top lines (Crystal, Regent, Uniworld, Seabourn) now recognize that families like to travel with children during holiday periods and provide special activities for family travelers, even though these lines are ordinarily marketed to an adult-only crowd. They recognize that there are cruisers (with children) who definitely prefer the smaller, upscale ship experience. Will Azamara consider adding some youth counselors for voyages during holiday periods (Christmas, Spring break)?

When are you all going to implement a military discount policy like Carnival Cruise Line?

Answer will be probably never.:(

They do have Military discounts on certain sailings not sure is only available through VTG or not

Will Azamara consider adding some youth counselors for voyages during holiday periods (Christmas, Spring break)?

As one of many adults who want to cruise during holiday periods with other adults, and little to no children, I think Azamara's target market (adults) would be very disappointed if Azamara did anything to encourage families, such as bringing youth counselors onboard during school breaks and for holiday sailings.

So, we will be very interested in your response to this question, too.

I would like to know why Celebrity has abandoned the family market for Bermuda? We sailed Zenith 4 times in two years and loved it as we enjoy great food and excellent service.

We have a school aged child and can only travel in summer months. Why are there no Celebrity summer Caribbean cruises? We've been abandoned and are now cruising with Princess.

Hello Mr Hanrahan, earlier I asked you about reducing the

Single Supplement.

Another question please~Are you planning to reinstate

the old program concerning on board credits?

It is quite disappointing for those of us who only book

insides, though we might sail for 10 days.

In the past I would have received 100.00 for booking a new

cruise while onboard another one (for a 7 nighter).

Now it will only be 50.00 no matter how long I sail.

Example, I was on Mercury in March 2007 and booked a 10 night

cruise on Galaxy for March 2008. A year ago I would have

been pleased as punch to have received 200.00 for that new sailing.

This new program only offered me 50.00. Some of us cannot

afford balconies and suites, especially when we sail solo.

Please consider reinstating the old policy.

Thank you.

Hello Mr Hanrahan, earlier I asked you about reducing the

Single Supplement.

Another question please~Are you planning to reinstate

the old program concerning on board credits?

It is quite disappointing for those of us who only book

insides, though we might sail for 10 days.

In the past I would have received 100.00 for booking a new

cruise while onboard another one (for a 7 nighter).

Now it will only be 50.00 no matter how long I sail.

Example, I was on Mercury in March 2007 and booked a 10 night

cruise on Galaxy for March 2008. A year ago I would have

been pleased as punch to have received 200.00 for that new sailing.

This new program only offered me 50.00. Some of us cannot

afford balconies and suites, especially when we sail solo.

Please consider reinstating the old policy.

Thank you.

Hi Lois !

Ditto that. I dont know how I left that off my list of questions :). I truly hope Celebrity will go back to the old booking onboard program as soon as possible. With the new program, it leaves most all of us little reason to book onboard. Hopefully, Celebrity will listen to us on this request.

More on Singles and Traveling Solo....

I understand the Celebrity recently decided to cut the Dance Host Program. Please bring back the Dance Hosts!!!! It happens to be one thing I always looked forward to. With the growing number of Single and Solo women traveling, it is such a nice touch that keeps us coming back!:)

I really miss the Bridge Program which Celebrity has limited to its long cruises that have four or more sea days. Since Celebrity has recently eliminated Bridge on most of their cruises, have you considered the possibility of offering a special Bridge Cruise similar to the ones that can be booked with Holland America and Crystal Cruise Lines?

Laura, I was wondering about this thread. Are these questions

actually going to be posed to Dan?

Will it be live, in person? What type of interaction will take place?

Thanks.

Can they improve wheelchair access on all their ships by consulting with disabled passengers? Much of what the professional "experts" have them do is wrong and not functional in design.

Yes, they can but will you, Mr. Hanrahan? We're booked on the Journey Oct 27 Cape Liberty to Miami. I am just booking shore excursions online this time. Waiting to book onboard has always been a loosing proposition in my experience. I've found most the 'special needs' reps at RCCL to be rude and totally ignorant of what is available in ports visited. What I assume we will like is smaller ship equals smaller vehicles for excursions and minivans are accessible to most non-walkers. We are busy and sometimes it's nice to just sign on to an excursion. Other times when I can I like planning excursions for us (us is me and the DH plus up to 16 able bodied friends. I have brought them to Celebrity so it's not like I'm asking a lot in return).

And yes, why can't one salon chair be moveable and one treatment room have a wider door? Get an occupational therapist to look at measurements and cabin layouts before renovations. They specialize in making things accessible and safe. They can also save you money along the way.

BTW Baltimore would love to host the Celebrity Galaxy again.

Why the restrictive smoking policy not allowing you to smoke on your balcony? We always pay extra for this feature on all our cruises especially X. Also why didn't you include stocked bars and open bars for the cabins and ship like the upscale lines do since your rates are much higher? Right now we wouldn't book these ships.

• Administrators
Laura, I was wondering about this thread. Are these questions

actually going to be posed to Dan?

Will it be live, in person? What type of interaction will take place?

Thanks.

Hi Lois:

Our Editor, Carolyn Spencer Brown, will select a wide variety of questions about Azamara Cruises to present to Mr. Hanrahan. Of course, we have a few of our own . If there is time of course she'll present any interesting Celebrity questions as well. Carolyn will be interviewing Mr. Hanrahan one-on-one, and then we'll create a "Q&A" for you all to read. We'll make sure you get it here, right away. Check the original post, which contains a link to the page where the Q&A will be posted....

Laura

Good morning:)

Thanks for the reply. I really hope he will take some of our

suggestions seriously and implement them or RE-implement them;)

I will re-read the original post.

Thanks again:)

I am happy, Florida is GETTING RAIN THIS WEEKEND:D Yiiiippeee!!!!

If concierge-style amenities are being patterned after the concierge amenities on the other Celebrity ships- why is it that only the suites get to order a full breakfast and the verandahs and other cabins only get continental breakfast? One of the best reasons to book a concierge class cabin is the opportunity to order specialty breakfast items ( the granola berry parfait, smoothies, and fresh squeezed juices) and be able to enjoy them on the verandah. If Azamara is trying to be as quoted in their own press release having "impeccable service" and "exceptional cuisine" with butler service in every cabin what would be the reason the butler could not serve a full hot breakfast or the cc class specialty items to all class cabins?

Why the restrictive smoking policy not allowing you to smoke on your balcony? We always pay extra for this feature on all our cruises especially X. Also why didn't you include stocked bars and open bars for the cabins and ship like the upscale lines do since your rates are much higher? Right now we wouldn't book these ships.

But we would and did! 3 cruises so far. Restrictive Smoking and smaller ships,are the reasons.

Archived