Interested? Mariner - 06/21/2009 Group Cruise - Mexican Riviera

I agree with Tina, we have done the Mexican Riveria 6 times (Vision 5 and Legend 1), all but one in the winter, and it is hot and humid in the summer. But the caribbean is also hot and humid in the summer, so in my mind not much difference. But this time the ship will be the destination!! We probably will not wait until June 21, 2009 for our first cruise on the Mariner, we plan to also book her in April of 2009 Spring Break. So both April and June of 2009 on the Mariner:D :D .

Hope bookings open soon so we can get the cabin we want!!!:rolleyes:

I am getting excited just thinking about it ;)

Mike

Admaven: I don't think we can even begin to guess what the prices will be..... and since we are triple, I haven't even compared one to two cabins.... anyone else that might be able to help?

I love it. A new ship as a destination cruise :D We are sailing on the Mariner in September and if I like her as much as I think I will you can count me in!

mommykim - I hope you do. I didn't get to meet you on the Island Princess!

Hope bookings open soon so we can get the cabin we want!!!:rolleyes:

I am getting excited just thinking about it ;)

Mike

No kidding! I have all of my options marked! hee hee

OMG!!!!! YES, YES, YES! Put me down for a cabin!

You are added! Yeah!!

Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people)

AdMaven

Mcarnett (1 cabin/3 people)

suzyluvs2cruise

zuscruiserz (2 cabins/4 people)

Family Man (2 cabins/4 people)

TexasAnn (1 cabin/2 adults)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

I saw a couple of D1s with connecting interior staterooms and am interested in those versus paying for 4 in a JS. I would feel much more comfortable having the youngest in a non-balcony room that is connected. Daughter could sleep in there and grandson could sleep in the balcony room with me and we can open them up like a suite. If it is all a wash I would want a JS if 4 are allowed just to have the bathtub for the kiddies.

I also see a connecting JS Aft with a D1 and we could take the balcony divider out but still I have a concern about Adie and a balcony at her age. Oh well, this is still in the dream stage and until they open for booking nothing is certain.

With a CC cruise I understand there are no discounts for the group but I assume our C&A discounts (if any) are good. I will be Diamond by then and DD will be Platinum.

Please put me down as being interested in 2 rooms for 4 people. thanks...Sounds like too much fun...

Great! Glad you can join us! I hope the official word comes out soon!

INTERESTED:

Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people) + Friends from Idaho (1-2 cabins/5 people)

AdMaven

suzyluvs2cruise

Maren91 (1 cabin)

Kayred (2 cabins/4 people)

Do any of the cabins on Mariner sleep 5? I am thinking it will be more economical for our friends to book connecting cabins but I know she will ask. And since I never pay attention to anything more then 4 people - I am at a loss. It is hard to tell by the deck plans.

mommykim - I hope you do. I didn't get to meet you on the Island Princess!

Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people)

AdMaven

suzyluvs2cruise

Maren91 (1 cabin)

I still cannot believe we spent 15 days on the same ship and somehow never managed to meet each other.

I still cannot believe we spent 15 days on the same ship and somehow never managed to meet each other.

Hopefully we will fix that on Mariner. I am just glad to see you cruising again after that disaster. That is great!

I am definately interested! Add me to the list, please.

1 cabin-2people

Thanks!

Great! The list is growing! WELCOME!

INTERESTED:

AdMaven

suzyluvs2cruise

Maren91 (1 cabin)

fierysand (1 cabin/2 people)

Hopefully we will fix that on Mariner. I am just glad to see you cruising again after that disaster. That is great!

It came down to I prefer Celebrity and hubby prefers Princess. Guess who wins?

It came down to I prefer Celebrity and hubby prefers Princess. Guess who wins?

:D

I would love to hear how you end up liking your Spirit cruise for Christmas... I am looking to book the same one for Christmas 2009. Love that class of ship, just not sure about the itinerary. We will have to chat!:)

Sorry to rain on your parade :p , but I am so upset to see Mariner leaving us :( !!!!!!!!!!!!! She's our favorite ship and we are sailing on her again in July 2008. It will be so sad to see her leave the Caribbean, we will miss her. I surely hope we get a replacement in Port Canaveral :eek: .

I have been in contact with Adam Goldstein and he will not say if Mariner is going anywhere. he did say that RCI believes Port Canveral is important. What I can't believe is that Travel Agents say this all day long and yet the President of the line will not say anything about it. I wonder just who is running RCI now. I also contacted PC and I did find out that the port will have to be dredged for a freedom class ship (Possibly Independence) I know that is a very expensive proposition. Going to be interesting to see if Mariner does indeed go to the left coast after all at present they don't have the drydocks for that size of ship available......That's why Voyager Class are all east coast ships so far.......

OMG!!!!! YES, YES, YES! Put me down for a cabin!

If Mariner of the Seas does indeed go to California then I would have to consider a cruise to the Mexican Rivera. I loved watching the Love Boat TV show and doing the same itenerary as that would be grand. Also on the ajenda is a Alaska Cruise for 2009. Going to come down to cost factors in the end......:D

Hello All!!

It looks like Mariner of the Seas is really coming to the West Coast in 2009! Woo Hoo! Although it isn't "official" yet, I emailed with Laura and she said I could go ahead and post my "Intersted?" thread. Yeah!

I am soooooooo flippin' excited about this that I want to host a Cruise Critic group cruise.

June 21, 2009 - yes, it says 2009. :p It is 2 years away, so you have plenty of time to save up for your final payment. We picked this week since school will be out, so families that can only sail during the summer can come!

We have several already already interested (listed below). If you would like to participate, post here and I will add you to the INTERESTED list. There is no committment at this point - we are just checking interest. Once pricing is released, we will turn it into an Official Cruise Critic Group Cruise. :D

Come join us!!

I've wanted to do a Mexican Riviera but wasn't sure about the Vision but having just gotten off the Mariner all I can say is that's grrrrreat!!!:D Sign my dd and I up for 1cabin.:)

I saw a couple of D1s with connecting interior staterooms and am interested in those versus paying for 4 in a JS. I would feel much more comfortable having the youngest in a non-balcony room that is connected. Daughter could sleep in there and grandson could sleep in the balcony room with me and we can open them up like a suite. If it is all a wash I would want a JS if 4 are allowed just to have the bathtub for the kiddies.

I also see a connecting JS Aft with a D1 and we could take the balcony divider out but still I have a concern about Adie and a balcony at her age. Oh well, this is still in the dream stage and until they open for booking nothing is certain.

With a CC cruise I understand there are no discounts for the group but I assume our C&A discounts (if any) are good. I will be Diamond by then and DD will be Platinum.

I was just in a JS with a girlfriend, her 5yr.old dd and my 13yr.old dd and it worked out very nicely. The price will be less than 2 cabins since the 3rd and 4th persons are a lot cheaper. Plus you do get the extra credit. The balcony door is not an easy one for kids to open plus there is a good lock on it. By the way, the 5yr. old was in the 3-5 AO and loved it! It was hard to get her to leave her new friends.

I was just in a JS with a girlfriend, her 5yr.old dd and my 13yr.old dd and it worked out very nicely. The price will be less than 2 cabins since the 3rd and 4th persons are a lot cheaper. Plus you do get the extra credit. The balcony door is not an easy one for kids to open plus there is a good lock on it. By the way, the 5yr. old was in the 3-5 AO and loved it! It was hard to get her to leave her new friends.

Thank you SO MUCH! I know my grandchildren will love AO. I have stayed in a JS but never with children and didn't pay any attention to the sliding door situation, so thank you again.

Having a bathtub with children will be a plus.

Tina, put me down for a JS for 4.

:D

I would love to hear how you end up liking your Spirit cruise for Christmas... I am looking to book the same one for Christmas 2009. Love that class of ship, just not sure about the itinerary. We will have to chat!:)

Drop me an email to my nick name at yahoo dot com. I am fairly certain we are going to cancel the Spirit as hubby has decided he wants to be home for the bowl season and we are going to do the 1/5 Golden Princess instead.

I'm interested! 1 cabin/1 person so far...

Gotcha down! Great!!

I have been in contact with Adam Goldstein and he will not say if Mariner is going anywhere. he did say that RCI believes Port Canveral is important. What I can't believe is that Travel Agents say this all day long and yet the President of the line will not say anything about it. I wonder just who is running RCI now. I also contacted PC and I did find out that the port will have to be dredged for a freedom class ship (Possibly Independence) I know that is a very expensive proposition. Going to be interesting to see if Mariner does indeed go to the left coast after all at present they don't have the drydocks for that size of ship available......That's why Voyager Class are all east coast ships so far.......

This information has been discussed in all of the other threads that you have been posting.... please read those and you will find out about how this was discovered, what dry dock will be used and why AG won't admit it in a personal email to you before it is officially announced.

Sign my dd and I up for 1cabin.:)

You are on the LIST! Woo HOo!!

INTERESTED:

AdMaven (1 cabin (JS)/4)

suzyluvs2cruise

Maren91 (1 cabin)

fierysand (1 cabin/2 people)

fungirl28 (1 cabin/1 person)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

This is going to be such a great group! Anyone else?

Thank you SO MUCH! I know my grandchildren will love AO. I have stayed in a JS but never with children and didn't pay any attention to the sliding door situation, so thank you again.

Having a bathtub with children will be a plus.

Tina, put me down for a JS for 4.

I have noted the request.... sounds like a good plan for you!

Drop me an email to my nick name at yahoo dot com. I am fairly certain we are going to cancel the Spirit as hubby has decided he wants to be home for the bowl season and we are going to do the 1/5 Golden Princess instead.

I will send you an email shortly. :)

Archived