Interested? Mariner - 06/21/2009 Group Cruise - Mexican Riviera

Hello All!!

It looks like Mariner of the Seas is really coming to the West Coast in 2009! Woo Hoo! Although it isn't "official" yet, I emailed with Laura and she said I could go ahead and post my "Intersted?" thread. Yeah!

I am soooooooo flippin' excited about this that I want to host a Cruise Critic group cruise.

June 21, 2009 - yes, it says 2009. :p It is 2 years away, so you have plenty of time to save up for your final payment. We picked this week since school will be out, so families that can only sail during the summer can come!

This ship will sail the Mexican Riviera on a 7-night itinerary out of San Pedro (Los Angeles) and visit the traditional ports of PV, Mazatlan & Cabo San Lucas.

We have several already already interested (listed below). If you would like to participate, post here and I will add you to the INTERESTED list. There is no committment at this point - we are just checking interest. Once pricing is released, we will turn it into an Official Cruise Critic Group Cruise. :D

INTERESTED:

Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people)

AdMaven

Mcarnett (1 cabin/3 people)

suzyluvs2cruise

zuscruiserz (2 cabins/4 people)

Family Man (2 cabins/4 people)

Come join us!!

We will - we have been waiting for so long that she will be treated like a Goddess!! ;)

Tina: You better treat her right, we have sailed 3 times on Mariner and are hoping to get one more in before she sails away to the West Coast!

Later, Jill:cool:

Hi Liberty Buddies!!

Tina: You better treat her right, we have sailed 3 times on Mariner and are hoping to get one more in before she sails away to the West Coast!

Later, Jill:cool:

You know - several are already talking about booking segments of her reposition... you should look into it!

The Marnier will rule the west coast as no other ship will be able to touch her. Good luck on your group cruise.

That is the TRUTH! That is why am so stinkin' excited. My friend from Idaho and her family have already put that week on their calendar too. Can you imagine the excitement when the official word gets out?

This is so exciting! As we get closer to '09, I might think about bringing my grandson and granddaughter. They are only 5 and 1ish now but by the cruise Adeline will be 3 years 5 months and Lukas will be 7. She still might be a little young but we'll see. She's already 1 going on DIVA!

Sorry to rain on your parade :p , but I am so upset to see Mariner leaving us :( !!!!!!!!!!!!! She's our favorite ship and we are sailing on her again in July 2008. It will be so sad to see her leave the Caribbean, we will miss her. I surely hope we get a replacement in Port Canaveral :eek: .

Hi Tina - Judy & I want to be on the repo cruise from Ft Lauderdale to California.

Good luck with your group.

Paul - are you going to book the entire repo? That would be an AMAZING trip!

Sorry to rain on your parade :p , but I am so upset to see Mariner leaving us :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know so many are upset about it... but I just keep saying to myself that it is OUR turn for a change. There are SO many options out of Florida to choose from. Don't think that I haven't thought of moving to Florida more than once. :p We have been so limited, that even if we only have her for a year, I will be more than happy! In all practicality, I thought we would get a Radiance class before a Voyager class! But I am surely not going to complain.

This is so exciting! As we get closer to '09, I might think about bringing my grandson and granddaughter. They are only 5 and 1ish now but by the cruise Adeline will be 3 years 5 months and Lukas will be 7. She still might be a little young but we'll see. She's already 1 going on DIVA!

Bring them! They will have a GREAT time!!!

I know so many are upset about it... but I just keep saying to myself that it is OUR turn for a change. There are SO many options out of Florida to choose from. Don't think that I haven't thought of moving to Florida more than once. :p We have been so limited, that even if we only have her for a year, I will be more than happy! In all practicality, I thought we would get a Radiance class before a Voyager class! But I am surely not going to complain.

That is true, well I guess we can hand her over for a year if yall swear to take care of her for us ;) . I really would have thought they would take one of the ships out of Miami instead of Port Canaveral, it is such an easy drive from Atlanta, Charleston, Montgomery, and Birmingham, I know when we were on her over half of the passengers were from Georgia, while it seems to be more diverse on the cruises out of Miami.

Anyways, hope yall enjoy her like we have!

That is true, well I guess we can hand her over for a year if yall swear to take care of her for us ;) .

We will definitely take care of her! :) Believe me, she will be the subject of much celebration and will not be taken for granted.

Tina - Sign us up!!!

We've been thinking about doing a West coast cruise, so why not do one with Cruise Critic friends!

TexasAnn - 1 cabin, 2 adults

Most Excellent!! You have been added.

INTERESTED:

Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people)

AdMaven

Mcarnett (1 cabin/3 people)

suzyluvs2cruise

zuscruiserz (2 cabins/4 people)

Family Man (2 cabins/4 people)

TexasAnn (1 cabin/2 adults)

Having done the Mexican Riviera 3 times I have not had much desire to go again. But with the port 1-hour away, and the announcement of the Mariner, this certainly has my attention.

DON M -

I have often said I wouldn't sail the Mexican Riviera again during the Summer months unless the ship was a destination ship (that is why we stick to cooler months) - Low & behold, here she is. Let us know if you want to join us on the group cruise. :)

Someone who wants to coordinate it sets it up with Cruise Critic and gets the pricing... there isn't usually a discount, but there are usually other ammenities like OBC's & other goodies. Plus it is SO much fun to cruise with CC friends! Some groups do T-shirts, buttons, activities like slot pulls (none of which is mandatory, but all is fun!) :)

So, it does coordinate with CC.... but I picked the date and asked if anyone wanted to join me on the same date. Once the interest is established and pricing is set, we become an official CC group cruise. Care to join us?

I have a question. I know we won't know prices but I would assume they are comparable to what the Mariner is getting for a 7 day now...

If I bring my daughter and two grandchildren, would it be cheaper to do a JS for all 4 of us...or a balcony cabin with a connecting inside cabin with 2 + 2?

Archived