Interested? Mariner - 06/21/2009 Group Cruise - Mexican Riviera

Excellent! I have added you to our happy little group.

I am not sure how many have taken the opportunity to book today... Let me know if you have so I can tell the agency when I get the info - so we can get them all moved over.

INTERESTED:

** = booked

** Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people)

Friends from Idaho (1-2 cabins/5 people)

** AdMaven (1 cabin (JS/4)

** Mcarnett (1 cabin/3 people)

suzyluvs2cruise (1 cabin/2 people)

zuscruiserz (2 cabins/4 people)

** Family Man (2 cabins/4 people)

TexasAnn (1 cabin/2 adults)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

Kayred (2 cabins/4 people)

fierysand (1 cabin/2 people)

fungirl28 (1 cabin/1 person)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

mommykim (1 cabin)

njoyndride (1 cabin/2 people)

workmom2 (1 cabin/4 people)

MomeeToEm (2 cabins/4 people)

dagadget (1 cabin)

4me-itstheC (2 cabins/5 people)

cappy09 (1 cabin/2 people)

profesionalstudent

andy007 (1 cabin/2 people)

ElvisandTracey (2 JS/5 people)

transam84 (1 cabin/3 people)

** finucane

Hey all, I need your help. Getting ready to book but I don't know whether to take an OS or a GS. We have always sailed GS1324 on Voyager and Adventure because it is on the edge of the hump and has a bigger balcony than OS. Now on Mariner there is no GS on hump only OS. OS has a bigger balcony than GS on Mariner. But OS is $1300 more than GS. What do you think? Please help. Laura

Hi Laura -

I haven't stayed in either one... so hopefully someone here can help you with some information. The size difference is staggering. I have pics of the Owner's Suite from Liberty in my signature... from the RCCL website - they appear to be very similar. But since I haven't seen the actual ones on Mariner, I can't be certain.

Have you searched the threads on the main Royal Caribbean boards for OS or Owner's Suite and see what other have to say?

Hi Everyone,

I received an email flyer from TA for this date yesterday with some nice perks, and called to book right away. Booked 9690 aft. So, I guess I am in another group, but would like to chat with everyone!

Jen

Hi Tina, Thanks. I posted the question as a new thread and I'm looking at pictures at webshots and through cruise clues. Decisions...decisions:) Haven't asked my DH yet, but will do so tonight. He is such a good sport and usually just does whatever I want so I'm not sure he is going to give me a definitive answer. :confused: Will let you all know what I decide. Laura

Just wanted to say HEY to Tina & Mike -- we appreciate the invite, but like I mentioned to Mike in another thread, we'll be saving the $$$ in hopes of going to Hawaii around that time (then I'll officially have all 50 states crossed off my list!).

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Voyager class experience! Our all-time favorite cruise was on Voyager in 2001 (out of Miami). What an incredible ship! Gonna have to try Freedom sometime!

Anyway... have a great time on this one -- I'm sure you'll love it!

Will let you all know what I decide. Laura

Hi Laura - you are welcome. I hope he helps with the decision. DH is the same way - I just make the plans and he tends to go along with it. He just lets me do whatever. Aren't we lucky? :)

Hi Everyone,

I received an email flyer from TA for this date yesterday with some nice perks, and called to book right away. Booked 9690 aft. So, I guess I am in another group, but would like to chat with everyone!

Jen

Jen - I haven't had a chance to see if there is already a roll call going for this sailing yet.... but hopefully we will see you there. This is going to be one HOPPIN' ship!! :D

I would be interested.

GREAT! I will add you to the list this evening when I do my updates. Some people are going ahead and booking their cabins, especially if they want to have a specific one. And then we will work with the agency to get them moved into the group. Feel free to do that if cabin category or location is a concern.

I have not heard back from Laura yet - so that is my morning update. ;)

Just wanted to say HEY to Tina & Mike -- we appreciate the invite, but like I mentioned to Mike in another thread, we'll be saving the $$$ in hopes of going to Hawaii around that time (then I'll officially have all 50 states crossed off my list!).

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Voyager class experience! Our all-time favorite cruise was on Voyager in 2001 (out of Miami). What an incredible ship! Gonna have to try Freedom sometime!

Anyway... have a great time on this one -- I'm sure you'll love it!

Alan Alan Alan!! So good to hear from you!!! We were hoping for a reunion, but we totally understand. I actually convinced Pete to fly to Hawaii so we will be there over next Christmas. He actually FLEW to Miami (5+ hours each way non-stop) for the Liberty Pre-Inaugural and did very well. So I envision getting to do the Caribbean someday. Was thinking about it for 2009 and then Mariner gets placed in our back yard! Guess we get to cruise twice in 2009! Woo Hoo!

It was great to hear from you. Maybe we will all meet up again someday. Enjoy the Pearl!! And enjoy Hawaii! And thanks for poppin' in! :D

Woo Hoo!!! I did it. :D Couldn't wait. Booked GS1598!!!! Decided to save $$ over OS and go on precruise vacation in LA. Tina, I'll send you our info! Laura

Excellent! I was just reading your other thread... glad they were able to help you decide. Did you get your $200 discount? :)

Woo Hoo!!! I did it. :D Couldn't wait. Booked GS1598!!!! Decided to save $$ over OS and go on precruise vacation in LA. Tina, I'll send you our info! Laura

Welcome Laura...

We are just 2 doors to the south of you, 1608.

We need to block out that OS and have a party...

Bye!

Hey everyone – I wanna go too! Put me down as interested for 1 cabin – not sure how many people. My DH doesn’t care much for this itinerary – so if he doesn’t go I’ll take my sister. ;)

We are planning a trip in 4/08 – should I wait and book on board? Getting those perks or book now? :confused: And what is the HUMP cabin???

Thanks!

Hi Tina, Sent you my info. Looking at my invoice I don't think I got the discount. I will call them back and check. Thanks for the "heads up" on the discount.

finucane, Howdie neighbor! Yeah, lets have a party. :D

Laura

Tina, I emailed you my info. Emailed RCI with the link and discount code and haven't heard back yet.

Can you also find out if all price drops will be honored once we move our reservations to the group TA? With 2 years out there may be some discounts in the future, who knows!

Ok Tina, I assume you are talking to me. When I inquired about the $200 discount, the rep gave me an email address to respond to with the Option Code and Booking # etc. So I will see how long it takes to get posted or an updated invoice gets emailed.

Mike

Hello Group!

OK - I hope everyone understands where I am coming from on this. This is not easy for me.

I have received the quote from Cruise Critic for this group cruise. Without going into too much detail that will cause this thread to be pulled... I have decided that I will not be hosting this group on Cruise Critic. I will be placing my booking with my TA who was able to secure wonderful group benefits.

I need everyone to understand that I did not start this thread for a group cruise in order to earn the TC credit. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am not about things like that. I did it because I was excited about Mariner coming to my state and I wanted to share that excitement with people that understand how cool this is.

There is a large interest on this thread, however. If anyone else would like to take over this and work with Cruise Critic to organize it, please contact me and I will be happy to forward the information to you so you can work with Laura.

I hope you all understand. I really really do!

Ok Tina, I assume you are talking to me. When I inquired about the $200 discount, the rep gave me an email address to respond to with the Option Code and Booking # etc. So I will see how long it takes to get posted or an updated invoice gets emailed.

Mike

I was able to get mine done over the phone last night. How odd!

The offer from the agency to Cruise Critic has changed. So if anyone wants to continue to host this group cruise, you can contact Laura thru the Member Cruises page.

See everyone on the Mariner! Going to go look for the roll call now. :p

The offer from the agency to Cruise Critic has changed. So if anyone wants to continue to host this group cruise, you can contact Laura thru the Member Cruises page.

See everyone on the Mariner! Going to go look for the roll call now. :p

I'm sorry I'm a little confused?:confused: What offer has changed and what is TC? What are the benefits of this being a group cruise?

The TC credit is the credit that the organizer can earn based on the number of cabins that are booked in the group. Some people organize groups to get this credit. I didn't even know about the credit until I was long into the interest. I was doing it for the fun & excitement. It is a good perk for those that want to organize.

Hopefully someone will want to take over this group. Like I mentioned... the group ammenities have changed since the first time I posted about not hosting, but I have committed to leaving my personal booking with my TA. It works for me. :)

The group amenities would need to be discussed with Laura, since I don't know that I can post them here - Since I am not going to be leading the group.

Rest assured - you can book your cabin thru RCCL now (to make sure you have a cabin you like) and move it to the group if someone does decide to organize it.

Archived