Interested? Mariner - 06/21/2009 Group Cruise - Mexican Riviera

Mike - I am working on your answer - but all that I have read makes it look good. I can't wait until they release pricing and we can see what our ammenities will be... Have I mentioned that I am not a patient person?

Which thread did you read about it being on Wednesday? (Nevermind - found it!) I was up at 5:00am this morning, just in case and now I am very tired. :rolleyes:

Anyone want to start thinking of names?

West Coast Mariners

Mariner Madness on the Mexican Riviera

Ok - I admit, this is NOT something I am good at. Any other ideas? :p

Here's another one

Pacific Mariners

And thanks for everything you're doing to make this work :)

Tina, any info yet on contacts since bookings open tomorrow? Not that I am ANXIOUS or anything like that. Nope.

I am wondering if the bookings that open tomorrow will only be from Feb to April of 2009. That would put them in line with the other schedules that have been posted. We may have to wait a little longer for the Summer bookings.

Mike

Tina, any info yet on contacts since bookings open tomorrow? Not that I am ANXIOUS or anything like that. Nope.

Hi!!

I have not heard back yet... I know they can't quote it until pricing is released... which sounds like tomorrow. As soon as I hear from Laura - I will come right here.

Here's another one

Pacific Mariners

And thanks for everything you're doing to make this work :)

Love it! And you are very welcome! This will be a fun group!

I am wondering if the bookings that open tomorrow will only be from Feb to April of 2009. That would put them in line with the other schedules that have been posted. We may have to wait a little longer for the Summer bookings.

Mike

Hi Mike -

I haven't heard back from Laura about the question you asked. I would go ahead and book with RCCL (if you really want to get a particular cabin) and then I am pretty darn sure we can move it into the group. It was a common answer in my research. I got an email from you-know-who... unfortunatly, I don't pick the agency. That is up to Cruise Critic.

It would certainly make sense that they would only book thru April... I honestly hadn't thought of that. I plan to get up at 5am and try book using my NextCruise that I bought on Liberty. And then move it into the group. That is - if June is open tomorrow.

Just as soon as I get ANY information, I will pass it on. I am sure it is unusual for us to have formed a group before pricing is even out - so we are all new at this. :)

Good Morning everyone!!

I just spoke with RCCL and bookings are OPEN! They aren't on the website yet - but they are open via phone. I ended up speaking with the SAME rep that we booked Alaska with (that we later cancelled) - but how funny was that!?

The reason I ended up booking was because we had a NextCruise and could roll it into the group. I have let Laura know that some of us would be booking today to get a specific cabin and would want to roll those in so she could warn the agencies.

The prices are NOT as high as I thought they would be! Many would say they had the opportunity to get high here, but they didn't... BUT, they will go up as the months go on, that I am certain.

Sample of pricing with RCCL as of this morning:

D1 Person 1 & 2 are $1499 each and 3/4 are $799 each Plus taxes. (I booked a triple on the HUMP, baby!)

E1 Person 1 & 2 are $1409 each and 3/4 are still $799 each.

This gives you an idea of what we are looking at. As soon as I get full pricing & contact info, I will let you know.

Thanks again everyone.... trying to decide if I should go back to bed for another hour - or just suck it up and make coffee. Might be too excited to sleep! :D

Great! Glad you can join us! I hope the official word comes out soon!

INTERESTED:

Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people) + Friends from Idaho (1-2 cabins/5 people)

AdMaven

Mcarnett (1 cabin/3 people)

suzyluvs2cruise

zuscruiserz (2 cabins/4 people)

Family Man (2 cabins/4 people)

TexasAnn (1 cabin/2 adults)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

Kayred (2 cabins/4 people)

Add me to the list 2 people 1 cabin

Add me to the list 2 people 1 cabin

Welcome - you are on the list..... just waiting for pricing from Laura and then we will work on getting everyone booked that wants to go.

Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people) + Friends from Idaho (1-2 cabins/5 people)

AdMaven (1 cabin (JS/4)

Mcarnett (1 cabin/3 people)

suzyluvs2cruise (1 cabin/2 people)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

fierysand (1 cabin/2 people)

fungirl28 (1 cabin/1 person)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

mommykim (1 cabin)

sdcruiser (1 cabin/3 people)

njoyndride (1 cabin/2 people)

workmom2 (1 cabin/4 people)

MomeeToEm (2 cabins/4 people)

dagadget (1 cabin)

4me-itstheC (2 cabins/5 people)

cappy09 (1 cabin/2 people)

Good Morning everyone!!

I just spoke with RCCL and bookings are OPEN! They aren't on the website yet - but they are open via phone. I ended up speaking with the SAME rep that we booked Alaska with (that we later cancelled) - but how funny was that!?

The reason I ended up booking was because we had a NextCruise and could roll it into the group. I have let Laura know that some of us would be booking today to get a specific cabin and would want to roll those in so she could warn the agencies.

The prices are NOT as high as I thought they would be! Many would say they had the opportunity to get high here, but they didn't... BUT, they will go up as the months go on, that I am certain.

Sample of pricing with RCCL as of this morning:

D1 Person 1 & 2 are $1499 each and 3/4 are $799 each Plus taxes. (I booked a triple on the HUMP, baby!)

E1 Person 1 & 2 are $1409 each and 3/4 are still $799 each.

This gives you an idea of what we are looking at. As soon as I get full pricing & contact info, I will let you know.

Thanks again everyone.... trying to decide if I should go back to bed for another hour - or just suck it up and make coffee. Might be too excited to sleep! :D

FYI for anyone interested in a JS, RCCI just quoted me:

1/2=$1895.76 PP

3/4=$845.76 PP

Total for 4=$5483.04

I asked if that included taxes & fees and she said yes---but looking at my invoice for October, the taxes & fees were in addition to the PP rate on the website, so please double check when you book. I'm thinking the price she quoted me does NOT include taxes and fees.

I need some suggestions on cabins!

Since I will be traveling with my DD and GS & GD (they will be 7 and 3) I think being closer to the elevators would be advisable. So, any good JS hump cabins?

If so, what are the best balconies on the hump? I think I would like to avoid connecting cabins leaving them for people who need them.

Cabin #s? Pictures?

Ok, we just booked the cruise. We are all set. Both cabins that I wanted were still available, so I got my choice.

Ok Tina, time to get an official Roll call going. Just think, we only have to wait a year to register for the Meet and Mingle party.:rolleyes:

Let the good times roll!!!:D

Mike

Hello everyone -

Just checking in while I have a break. Still no word from Laura yet - but rest assured, I will come here as soon as I get it. Then Laura will make a special area for us to have a roll call, threads for ports of call, etc.

Woo Hoo!! I have added new interests to the list. This is so very exciting!

Hey Mike - Where's Alan? We need a reunion!

INTERESTED:

** = booked

** Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people) + Friends from Idaho (1-2 cabins/5 people)

** AdMaven (1 cabin (JS/4)

** Mcarnett (1 cabin/3 people)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

mommykim (1 cabin)

dagadget (1 cabin)

profesionalstudent

andy007 (1 cabin/2 people)

Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo! As this will be the first cruise for my grandchildren I want to make this as special as possible. I am going to request a brochure on AO and I think I'll take them to the dolphin swim in PV. When DD was a little girl she loved all things sea life; we even adopted a whale.

I will have to find other fun things to do in the other ports.

Can't wait for the Roll Call thread and see what goodies are coming for the group. This will be a fun cruise!

It is all of the fun people in this group that are going to make it so much fun.

We have done this itinerary twice and will have gone one more time before Mariner. I know Mike has done this trip about 6-8 times! So anyone has any questions, we have plenty of seasoned cruisers that know this itinerary.

Lots of sharing to be had over the next TWO years!!!

I'm a realistic maybe, as I will be sailing that cruise or the following week, school schedules for 2009/10 are not out yet. If the kids get out in time, we would need 2 JS's, total of 3 adults, 2 kids.

That's great!! You are on the list - I will post here when we get moved to another area of the boards.

INTERESTED:

** = booked

** Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people) + Friends from Idaho (1-2 cabins/5 people)

** AdMaven (1 cabin (JS/4)

** Mcarnett (1 cabin/3 people)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

mommykim (1 cabin)

dagadget (1 cabin)

profesionalstudent

andy007 (1 cabin/2 people)

ElvisandTracey (2 JS/5 people)

I just checked the RCI web site and as of yet there are no cruises listed for Mariner in 2009 from LA, unless I am blind or confused. I have been waiting soooooo long for a Voyager in LA, I won't feel safe until I see it with my own 2 eyes on their site. I though it was going to go on sale today??

I just checked the RCI web site and as of yet there are no cruises listed for Mariner in 2009 from LA, unless I am blind or confused. I have been waiting soooooo long for a Voyager in LA, I won't feel safe until I see it with my own 2 eyes on their site. I though it was going to go on sale today??

They did, some of us are booked. The website always takes longer - I found that out when I went to book my Alaska cruise last year. We are just waiting for official pricing from our group agency so we can get everyone else booking. I bet it shows up on the website later today.

It is on sale, but you need to call RCI to book if you want to book today as it isn't on their web site yet.

Archived