Quick question... can we borrow or hire an iron...

... on Navigator? Or do we have to ask a member of staff to iron any items of clothing?

Also, can we take our own mini kettle and I have realised from posts that there are no tea/coffee making facilities in cabins.

Thanks

AJ

p.s. we are travelling on 30th June from Southampton...

I'm sorry to highjack this thread, but my question is sort of along the same lines...

I know we aren't allowed to bring clothes irons, but can I bring my flat iron for my hair? Nobody is going to want to see me on formal night without it! :)

Absolutely no irons in your room. If you want coffee or tea, simply call room service and they will deliver at whatever time you request.:)

A flat iron isn't the same thing as a clothes iron... it's more like a curling iron. It does get really hot though. Does anyone know for certain if they are or aren't allowed or should I contact RCCL? I brought it on Princess with no prob.

A flat iron isn't the same thing as a clothes iron... it's more like a curling iron. It does get really hot though. Does anyone know for certain if they are or aren't allowed or should I contact RCCL? I brought it on Princess with no prob.

I've never had a problem taking my curling irons, so I would think a flat iron wout be fine. Most hair appliances have automatic shut off now, if you forget to turn it off, so I don't think it would be much of a concern.

You can send your clothing out for pressing, the cost is about half of the dry cleaning cost.

You can order hot water for tea from room service. I do realise it's not the same as boiling your own water, but we all have to make concessions while we travel. I know the one thing I love about getting back home is my own brewed coffee and my own pillow.

What I do for my daughter's flat iron is I take a hot pad from our kitchen. My husband and I always make a point of checking to make sure it is unplugged, not just turned off, but I feel better about it if she doesn't have the chance of burning a mark into the counter top of the desk.

You can take along a travel clothes steamer....or, pack in dry cleaner bags, we have no wrinkles in our clothes when we do that :)

I'm sorry to highjack this thread, but my question is sort of along the same lines...

I know we aren't allowed to bring clothes irons, but can I bring my flat iron for my hair? Nobody is going to want to see me on formal night without it! :)

RCCL.com: Guest Conduct Policy: Prohibited Items: Items with Heating Elements or Open Flames Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. (Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed.)

what will I do with my travel iron then because I will have brought it with me from the UK for our trip to Miami the week before - will it show up on the sacnner?

Will they confiscate it? I'll be blowed if I'm going to chuck it away or have to pay extra for them to iron my things, and I will certainly need it for my ship's clothes after lugging it around from hotel to hotel beforehand

we had no problem on the QM2

Your iron won't be confiscated. You may bring flat irons, curling irons, electric curlers, steamers, etc... (I don't know why they say irons aren't alllowed--it makes no sense whatsoever!) In the past, I've brought my small travel iron--no one ever said a word and it was never hidden. There are no ironing boards, so even if you have an iron, theres really no suitable place to use it!

You can send you clothes to be pressed for 1/2 the price of dry-cleaning. It's best to iron before you pack, and use tissue paper or dry-cleaning bags between the clothes to reduce any wrinkling. Once you are on the ship, the humidity will make ironing a moot point, anyway. Everyone's clothes will get wrinkles about 15 minutes after donning them!

what will I do with my travel iron then because I will have brought it with me from the UK for our trip to Miami the week before - will it show up on the sacnner?

Will they confiscate it? I'll be blowed if I'm going to chuck it away or have to pay extra for them to iron my things, and I will certainly need it for my ship's clothes after lugging it around from hotel to hotel beforehand

Read the rules on RCI irons are not allowed. Very clear.

I would not bring a clothes iron with you from the UK. Most hotels here in the us have irons and ironing boards in them. If not, you can request one from housekeeping (hotel). On the ship, the prices are reasonable for pressing, I also bring downy wrinkle release and hang clothes in the bathroom, then run the shower with the hot water on, to steam.

I sailed on Navigator first week of March and took my flat iron. I had no problems at all and I would not worry about it.

My flat iron will be coming again next March. Trust me....you don't want to see me with funky hair!!!!

Your iron won't be confiscated. You may bring flat irons, curling irons, electric curlers, steamers, etc... (I don't know why they say irons aren't alllowed--it makes no sense whatsoever!) In the past, I've brought my small travel iron--no one ever said a word and it was never hidden. There are no ironing boards, so even if you have an iron, theres really no suitable place to use it!

You can send you clothes to be pressed for 1/2 the price of dry-cleaning. It's best to iron before you pack, and use tissue paper or dry-cleaning bags between the clothes to reduce any wrinkling. Once you are on the ship, the humidity will make ironing a moot point, anyway. Everyone's clothes will get wrinkles about 15 minutes after donning them!

C B, I totally disagree with you. When was the last time you cruised? If it was on Brilliance, things might have changed. Why do you feel that you have the right to tell people something that isn't true. RCCL guidelines say no irons. People have reported they were taken.

You are so against smuggling booze, but when it comes to safety on the ship, you go the total opposite way. Don't keep telling people to bring irons. On our recent cruises, the Captain tells people no irons are allowed. Perhaps years ago y ou could do that, but today YOU CAN'T. You don't make the rules, RCCL does.

Off my soapbox. Sorry.

I am happy to send my stuff out for pressing onboard. They do a great job and it's easy. I don't want to iron on vacation. If I could hire someone to brush my teeth I'd be tempted.

Flat irons are no problem. My roommate and I both took ours (poor planning) so we had 2 in our room last cruise.

Irons are definitely not allowed... it doesn't matter if you don't understand WHY (cb at sea) - the point is that it is a hazard. One of the scariest things about cruising for many (including myself) is fire at sea. We rely on others to follow the rules so the risk is reduced.

And quite recently, I have read of at least one person that had their steamer confiscated. They didn't receive their luggage and when they went to ask about it, the husband was led to the luggage, and then asked to retrieve the key. Once he opened his luggage, they took the steamer and returned it before the end of the cruise.

This may just depend on the ship - but know that it is a possibility if you take one. I simply have the ship press any clothes that I feel need it - like formal wear that won't do well with Downy Wrinkle Release. :)

Will they confiscate it? I'll be blowed if I'm going to chuck it away or have to pay extra for them to iron my things
The rules are clear on this issue, so be prepared to kiss it goodbye. No complaining afterwards, though, you've been informed ahead of time.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

I use the Rum and coke method of getting the wrinkles out of my clothes.

I just look at my clothes and if I am bothered by the wrinkles I have a run and coke.

I just keep having rum and cokes till the wrinkles no longer bother me.

works like a charm every time.

Archived