Did you ever forget to pack something?

richstan

I am leaving on the Victory tomorrow! I just zipped up my suitcase --turned around and saw my dress pants hanging on the closet doorknob. Forgetting to pack them would have been a nightmare!

Have you ever forgotten to pack something?

I am leaving on the Victory tomorrow! I just zipped up my suitcase --turned around and saw my dress pants hanging on the closet doorknob. Forgetting to pack them would have been a nightmare!

Well, actually, there could be a certain amount of strategery (yes, that's an intentional word) in forgetting some clothing. It could be a great reason (or excuse?) to buy it during your travels! :D

Don't think we ever forgot to pack anything that we really needed, but on our first cruise about 15 years ago we left a bag of souvenirs in the Miami terminal when we got off the ship. Being our first cruise,we had bought about 5 times as many souvenirs as we needed. We didn't even miss them until about amonth later I got a phone call from the Greyhound bus station saying I had a package. Still didn't dawn on me until I got there and saw the Cruise logo on the package. The bad part is the shipping on the bus probably cost more than the souvenirs were worth.

I probably have, but not recently. I have my packing list and my packing procedures down to a science! DH doesn't dare get in the way. :D

Me too!

I have been packed for over two hours----suitcase and carry-on waiting in the entry foyer. My DW is still scrambling---If I get asked one more time

"Does this make me look fat?"

I will throw things:) !

Me too!

I have been packed for over two hours----suitcase and carry-on waiting in the entry foyer. My DW is still scrambling---If I get asked one more time

"Does this make me look fat?"

I will throw things:) !

Patience grasshopper! :D

I think this is the only time I forgot something--but last week I failed to take my regular hairbrush. Had a small one in my purse and had to make do with it--no biggie!

Have fun--wish I were going back on another one!:D

On a three night business trip to Washington DC I forgot to pack underwear. I was driving around Arlington, VA on Sunday night at 10AM, checking every supermarket that was open (and there weren't any).

I was staying in Corporate apartments, and I ended up cleaning my underwear in the kitchenette sink, then drying them over the stove.

Not a great way to do laundry, but the four other guys on my work team had a great time laughing about it all week.:D

We are so overpacked for tommorrow's trip, it's not funny. See you all at the bar.

Power strip, clock, and OMG makeup. That crap is expensive on the ship. I now make a list check it twice, and then check it again just be sure. I do this for land and sea adventures.

On a three night business trip to Washington DC I forgot to pack underwear. I was driving around Arlington, VA on Sunday night at 10AM, checking every supermarket that was open (and there weren't any).

I was staying in Corporate apartments, and I ended up cleaning my underwear in the kitchenette sink, then drying them over the stove.

Not a great way to do laundry, but the four other guys on my work team had a great time laughing about it all week.:D

We are so overpacked for tommorrow's trip, it's not funny. See you all at the bar.

DEAL!

One Christmas after opening our gifts DH decided that we should go and spend the rest of the holidays with our families. OK, so in the shower he goes, I took down the tree, froze all the leftovers, packed his clothes, packed the kids clothes, and helped them choose which of their new toys to take. DH is still in the shower, l located the cat, loaded the suitcases into the trunk of the car, out he strolls and off we go.

We get to my parents, I start to unpack and realize all I had were the clothes I was wearing. We hit the Boxing Day Sales:D

On one cruise, my DH forgot to pack his good black slacks. We make our own tuxedo looking suit with a nice black jacket, good black slacks, a tuxedo shirt with studs and a bow tie. I was quite upset when I discovered this. I'm not sure which ship it was, probably the RCCL Nordic Empress. We were able to rent tuxedo pants for $25 and kept them for the whole cruise, so he was able to wear them for both formal nights. I thought that was a great deal and a life-saver!

First cruise - DH forgot to bring his cap (going bald and sun on the head ... not a great combo - but he got a cool hat in Grand Cayman's) - DH forgot the cell phones (couldn't call the kids, which actually turned out to be rather nice!) and I forgot to pack neosporin and I cut my finger .. Hyatt giftshop in Miami sells it, but very expensive Worse part though, was trying to get to sleep the night before leaving on a 5:30 am flight and then oversleeping ... good thing our airport is small and that the suitcases were already in the car. Jan

We literally pack weeks in advance. I double and triple check everyone's "lists" and suitcases. As dh, 2 dd's and I are unpacking in the room, I realize I forgot to pack MY bathing suits. :eek: To this day, it is a family joke. Needless to say, at our first stop, I had to run to a local store and get a suit!! (well, maybe it was 2 suits ) Now everyone always checks to see if I have my bathing suits packed

I have forgotten panyhose- thank goodness bare legs actually worked with the shoes and dresses I brought.

I also forgot Solarcaine one cruise, and some of my fair skinned family burned. $8.00 for a travel size can of Solarcaine seemed like a bargain when we were in pain, but it felt like highway robbery later when we got home:eek:

I have a master list on the computer, print it off, adjust it, then use it to pack. I haven't forgotten anything with this list. On my first cruise I forgot my socks. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but my DH keeps our stateroom freezing and I actually couldn't sleep. After the first night, I remembered that the airline had given us one of those care packages and it had a pair of fuzzy little socks in it. I wore them to sleep in the whole cruise and was happy to have them. Since then I make sure I have the socks, Plus warm pj's, yes, even in the Carribean.:p

Last September when we sailed the Legend, I had left 1/2 of my clothes, ironed, hanging in the closet at home. I managed without them ,but they were all new! Out of sight, out of mind! :)

Archived