Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

14 hours ago, wizard-of-roz said:

I've never used the self service laundry but have been told and heard that they're very good.

The showers in the HC cabins have pull down shower chairs.  I hope this saves you from shlepping a chair.

Unfortunately he needs a shower wheelchair. But the fold down seat is good for shaving my legs! 😁

Well, according to L.A. standards, we're in the middle of Fall.  The weather has actually taken a change to a cool-down.  Let's see how long it lasts.  I'll take it for as long as I can, I was getting pretty sick of our daily heat waves.

Happy weekend everyone. 🎈 

I've been entertaining out of town visitors and have enjoyed their company, as has Horton.  My house seems so quiet now.

I had a wonderful birthday with my children, friends and family. 🍸 

6 hours ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Well, according to L.A. standards, we're in the middle of Fall.  The weather has actually taken a change to a cool-down.  Let's see how long it lasts.  I'll take it for as long as I can, I was getting pretty sick of our daily heat waves.

Happy weekend everyone. 🎈 

I've been entertaining out of town visitors and have enjoyed their company, as has Horton.  My house seems so quiet now.

I had a wonderful birthday with my children, friends and family. 🍸 

Lets hope it stays cooler. I'm not a heat lover. 😕

7 hours ago, rangeley said:

Lets hope it stays cooler. I'm not a heat lover. 😕

Hey, it's L.A.  Before that it was and still is a desert!  We have it all.  One thing we can count on here is being warm.  When it gets cold, we freak!  When it rains, we're at a total loss as to what to do?  Most keep their flip flops on, shorts and carry huge umbrellas.  Gotta love L.A. and the doofusses who frequent it!!!!! 🤔

52 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Hey, it's L.A.  Before that it was and still is a desert!  We have it all.  One thing we can count on here is being warm.  When it gets cold, we freak!  When it rains, we're at a total loss as to what to do?  Most keep their flip flops on, shorts and carry huge umbrellas.  Gotta love L.A. and the doofusses who frequent it!!!!! 🤔

Looks like you better put your order in for good weather. Us doofusses want it to be nice. 

6 minutes ago, rangeley said:

Looks like you better put your order in for good weather. Us doofusses want it to be nice. 

The doofusses would be us, the folks who live here 24/7.  🥴

I promise you'll want the air conditioning to work really well, even in November!  Mine runs all the time, just ask my daughter who comes down from Oregon and feels like a popsicle in my home.  

4 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

The doofusses would be us, the folks who live here 24/7.  🥴

I promise you'll want the air conditioning to work really well, even in November!  Mine runs all the time, just ask my daughter who comes down from Oregon and feels like a popsicle in my home.  

I always want air conditioning. Of course John is always cold. I'll make sure he brings a sweatshirt.  Today is absolutely beautiful. Even though it was 80, there was a nice breeze and no humidity. I'll take it! Just gave Oakland a good brush, and he did some relaxing which he's really good at. 

IMG_20190928_163649.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rangeley said:

I always want air conditioning. Of course John is always cold. I'll make sure he brings a sweatshirt.  Today is absolutely beautiful. Even though it was 80, there was a nice breeze and no humidity. I'll take it! Just gave Oakland a good brush, and he did some relaxing which he's really good at. 

IMG_20190928_163649.jpg

His color is absolutely, stunningly handsome.  I can't wait for Horton to meet your beautiful boy.  I can read the headlines now, "Older, Black Gentleman meets the younger Golden Boy!"

2 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

His color is absolutely, stunningly handsome.  I can't wait for Horton to meet your beautiful boy.  I can read the headlines now, "Older, Black Gentleman meets the younger Golden Boy!"

Wait until you see him in the sun! He has these golden highlights I've never seen on a dog before. 

19 minutes ago, rangeley said:

Wait until you see him in the sun! He has these golden highlights I've never seen on a dog before. 

I'm going to fall madly in love.  I know it!

I'm so excited to see how much we're going to be influencing this cruise.  It's pretty rare to see one Service Dog onboard a cruise ship, let alone two.

It's going to be so much fun to watch these two CCI dogs interact with each other.  

20 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

I'm going to fall madly in love.  I know it!

I'm so excited to see how much we're going to be influencing this cruise.  It's pretty rare to see one Service Dog onboard a cruise ship, let alone two.

It's going to be so much fun to watch these two CCI dogs interact with each other.  

I've never been on a cruise with another dog. It's going to be so much fun. And its not just 2 dogs on a cruise, they will be hanging out with each other. I have a feeling we will be doing alot of educating. 

This little yellow Lab CCI boy who stayed with us again for six days last week reminds me a lot of Oakland from his pictures. He’s a hearing dog named Firenze, and has so much fun playing with my girl. That big, happy smile onRaylene’s face says it all.

670AB629-B9F2-419C-975D-E8FCB861C482.jpeg

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

This little yellow Lab CCI boy who stayed with us again for six days last week reminds me a lot of Oakland from his pictures. He’s a hearing dog named Firenze, and has so much fun playing with my girl. That big, happy smile onRaylene’s face says it all.

I can't figure out why that Firenze is so familiar. I have a friend in SC that has a hearing dog, maybe she knows him. Does the family go to Disney?  Anyway Firenze does look like Oakland. Very cute! And Raylene as beautiful as ever. ❤️

3 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

OMG!  This is what Horton & Oakland are going to look like together.