Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

4 hours ago, rangeley said:

I've never been on a cruise with another dog. It's going to be so much fun. And its not just 2 dogs on a cruise, they will be hanging out with each other. I have a feeling we will be doing alot of educating. 

Thank you Cindy, John & Oakland for traveling so far to make this happen!  We're going to do this is honor of Morey, Brenda & Wexler, who will be with us in spirit.

On 9/28/2019 at 7:07 PM, rangeley said:

Wait until you see him in the sun! He has these golden highlights I've never seen on a dog before. 

Halo sparkles in the sun.  I have had people ask if I put glitter on him.  I have never seen that before.

Linda and Halo

So, the big boy went to the dawgtor yesterday for his last booster shot.  In about 2 months, he will go back to be neutered.  I was sitting in the lobby, no one else in there, whew, and a lady walked in, without an animal.  She beelined right for us, asking questions about Rockford.  He went under my chair and growled at her the whole time she was talking!  He has never done that.  The receptionist came out and distracted him with a cookie.  The lady was a little strange, I think Rocky knew something just wasn't "right" with her.  Anyway, he now weighs 35 lbs.  He unhooked his seatbelt, again, on the way home.  The fortunate part is he still thinks he can get to the front seat so he just stays back there and finds ways to entertain himself.  Heaven forbid he would play with the toys that I bring with us.  His new game yesterday was to pull the seat belts out from the seat and let them go.  That retraction sound was pretty fun!  Silly boy! 

Hope everyone has a great day! ❤️

2 hours ago, S.S. Cruisers said:

So, the big boy went to the dawgtor yesterday for his last booster shot.  In about 2 months, he will go back to be neutered.  I was sitting in the lobby, no one else in there, whew, and a lady walked in, without an animal.  She beelined right for us, asking questions about Rockford.  He went under my chair and growled at her the whole time she was talking!  He has never done that.  The receptionist came out and distracted him with a cookie.  The lady was a little strange, I think Rocky knew something just wasn't "right" with her.  Anyway, he now weighs 35 lbs.  He unhooked his seatbelt, again, on the way home.  The fortunate part is he still thinks he can get to the front seat so he just stays back there and finds ways to entertain himself.  Heaven forbid he would play with the toys that I bring with us.  His new game yesterday was to pull the seat belts out from the seat and let them go.  That retraction sound was pretty fun!  Silly boy! 

Omg Nancy you've got your hands full. He sounds like my grandpuppy! 

2 hours ago, S.S. Cruisers said:

What a monkey!  Nancy, I give you so much credit to take on the training and raising of this monkey-doodle!  He's so lucky to have you.  He's definitely a full-time job, wrapped up in the body of a juvenile on his way to becoming a wonderful partner for you. 💞

Edited by wizard-of-roz

7 hours ago, rangeley said:

Is Halo full lab? 

He is a rescue.  I am not 100% certain of his breed or mix.  My trainer in Idaho, thinks he is a Great Dane/lab mix, based on what she got from the rescuer.  My trainer in Florida thinks he may be a full lab.

He is so laid back, even at 5 months when we got him, we really think he has Great Dane in him.  We have had a lab before and he never has had any of the lab behavior we are used to except being really smart.  He has never had puppy behavior, always mellow.  Sometimes to the point of being in a coma:)

Linda and Halo

1 minute ago, rpclmc said:

He is a rescue.  I am not 100% certain of his breed or mix.  My trainer in Idaho, thinks he is a Great Dane/lab mix, based on what she got from the rescuer.  My trainer in Florida thinks he may be a full lab.

He is so laid back, even at 5 months when we got him, we really think he has Great Dane in him.  We have had a lab before and he never has had any of the lab behavior we are used to except being really smart.  He has never had puppy behavior, always mellow.  Sometimes to the point of being in a coma:)

Linda and Halo

Wow sounds just like Oakland. He too is incredibly laid back. Nothing like Wexler, who was a nervous nelly.  I assume if Halo is part great dane that he must be big? Oakland is only 62lbs, 10lbs less than Wexler. It's funny how different they all are.