C & A Crown & Anchor Society Membership??

I like to think I'm a patient guy, but I'm getting annoyed with Royal. I have sailed Celebrity previously & was in their frequent cruiser program. I took my 1st RCI cruise on 5/6 on AOS & enjoyed it, in spite of being requested to row because we're newbies. In fact, so much that we booked another for the Panama Canal next year while onboard. I submitted my membership application to Crown & Anchor while onboard, around 5/11. I know it was received because i followed up with a phone call & a number has been assigned. However, it cannot currently be activated (per them due to a computer glitch) . Now I know that they are dedicating a tremendous amount of IT resources to developing a database to keep track of all the missing passengers falling overboard, however, it's been 2 months. Come on guys, I'm missing coupons that would reduce the price of my next cruise or generate more credits for bingo purchases. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yes, I've been trying forever now to activate mine. And aparently it's only some numbers; the first 3 of mine are 326 and I heard someone say those where the numbers not working and everyone else is. And I agree I am missing perks and specials and stuff; they could be getting more of my money if they would fix it! I'm getting very irritated!

We sailed Freedom last October, our first cruise, and signed up for C&A whilst onboard, we eventually got our membership numbers in June, and were unfortunatly not able to get our coupon in time for our second cruise next saturday, we were however able to phone and have our numbers added to the reservation, and able to use a £35 of a balcony cabin for our back to back next July...

but yes, it did take forever

hope yours comes through soon

wendy

x

That was my posting re the 326 number. When I called C & A they told me new members were being assigned C&A #'s beginning with 326 but the "system" would recognize & activate that number. However, that was a month ago. My email of 2 days ago has not been answered and my roll call thread says I'm missing deals. I'm not happy.

It's not just new C&A members having problems. We have yet to receive credit for the cruise we took on May 5th. I don't know what the problem entails but they are sure taking a very long time to correct it.

New coupons just came out - I wonder if you called them and explained the problem if they could email them to you. It's worth a try - those coupons are nice to have.

Good luck.

That was my posting re the 326 number. When I called C & A they told me new members were being assigned C&A #'s beginning with 326 but the "system" would recognize & activate that number. However, that was a month ago. My email of 2 days ago has not been answered and my roll call thread says I'm missing deals. I'm not happy.

Have you spoken to them about the deals your rollcall says you are missing? Can't they manually apply the "deal" to your reservation? My DH and DS also have numbers that the system is having issues with too. Someone from C&A manually put them into the reservation that I made online using my number. Unfortunately now I can not make any changes myself to that reservation since the numbers "don't exist" but I was told to call C&A directly and they would make any changes I want. Currently there aren't any coupons that apply to my cruise but I will make sure I get them applied if they do happen to come up. I have the benefit of time since my next cruise isn't until next June but I feel your pain:(

Finally, today, received an idiotic non responsive answer to my Mon email to C&A. Told me I should (future tense) receive my membership kit 6 weeks from membership date. well, that ship has allready sailed. did not answer the question of when activation would occur.

I called today and they agreed to mail the current coupons. They have NO idea when the activation problem for the 326 #'s will be resolved. Helluva way to run a cruise line.

there is an internal office pool going on at the Crown & Anchor customer service desk.

The winner is the person with the most creative jibberish answer they can possibly give to a frustrated C & A Member who is calling in to try to get the account straight!!!!

We are now Diamond now but have been told if you are not credited with being a diamond by Aug 15th call us and we will force the system. Can't wait to call on the 15th and listen to the song and dance we will get at that time.

Someone, anyone in senior management could step in, send an e-mail and say; FIX IT

Just checked mine and there are no past cruises or credits showing. We're D+ with 26 credits and 3 more coming from our last cruise. Check again tomorrow before I call. It's amazing how things come and go on the site.

It's not only the new members having trouble. We are Diamond, but trying to get to Diamond Plus. Our cruise on Mariner in May still shows not qualified. I did email C&A and was told they show us at 12 and our Mariner cruise is credited.

If you feel you are missing perks, call C&A and tell them your cruise number etc. and they will tell you any perks you are entitled to. They can add discounts for balconies if you are platinum or diamond etc. If you have only a couple of cruises on X and 1 or 2 on RCCL, you aren't platinum on RCCL. The cruise credits can't be combined.

I know there is a big glitch in the computer system, but not everyone is entitled to discounts. Please call C&A and see what they have to say about YOU. There is a lot of good info on CC, but a lot of mis-information too.

I do wish that RCI would fix the system so everyone would get what s/he is entitled to. For a huge corporation to have these problems is unbelievable to me.

They did warn me onboard NOT to submit my application onboard if I was planning on sailing or wanted it in the near future. Did you ask when you applied onboard about the turnaround time?

The gal on my cruise said to wait until I was back home and apply on the computer if I wanted it faster, that applying by snail mail took a very long time. I had mine within 2 weeks.

polodad ! i feel the same way ~ i am pretty patient. but when i have to call 4 times for my sons CA # - i am losing it... i finally got his # and they told me they will notify the ship for my upcoming sailing:rolleyes: ... you bet i will be at the front desk if he doesnt get his perks, if any... (it is only our 2nd RCCL cruise.... ) but hey if he is entitled to something.....

Finally, today, received an idiotic non responsive answer to my Mon email to C&A. Told me I should (future tense) receive my membership kit 6 weeks from membership date. well, that ship has allready sailed. did not answer the question of when activation would occur.

I called today and they agreed to mail the current coupons. They have NO idea when the activation problem for the 326 #'s will be resolved. Helluva way to run a cruise line.

Two more FUSTRATED 326'ers here. I have been trying for 2 months now! UNREAL! I have called and have been told "oh it will be fixed soon". SOON? 2 months? Thats a LONG time for a company like RCCL to have its past guests a LITTLE ticked off at them! To me, past guest are the people you should be trying your best to make happy!

Archived