Red Lobster - NYC???

Miss Jolly

Now this may sound odd to many but I am curious to see if there are any Red Lobster restaurants in NYC (We are staying at Milford Plaza near the theatre district) I still remember a delicious lobster pizza that I had in Florida and we can't get them here so would love another in my

lifetime.:D We arrive on Friday so say "hi" to the family of 4 wearing Australian caps if you see us.;)

Jennie

Yum - thanks. I just checked out the menu - no prices but the mouth is watering.Yankees Game at Yankee Stadium, Wicked on Broadway, Shopping and Sightseeing ... plus lobster pizza. What a weekend! Hope I'm not too jet lagged to enjoy. LOL!

Jennie

In NYC its a sin to eat in any chain restaurant. I think they are considering passing an ordiance that will automatically deport you off at least the island of Manhatten if you set foot in one. :D

Seriously, will all the amazing food choices, eat somewhere else. You can got a RedLobster anywhere else in America. While you are in NY eat someplace that is only there.

You will be happier in the long run.

In NYC its a sin to eat in any chain restaurant. I think they are considering passing an ordiance that will automatically deport you off at least the island of Manhatten if you set foot in one. :D

Seriously, will all the amazing food choices, eat somewhere else. You can got a RedLobster anywhere else in America. While you are in NY eat someplace that is only there.

You will be happier in the long run.

The original OP is from Australia where there is no Red Lobster. She asked because she likes them. Personally I wouldn't be caught dead in one but she likes them and will only be in NY not the rest of the country....

I have heard that Red Lobster is not the best restaurant one can dine in. (We will try others as well.) However, we do not have them in Australia and what's more important, I have not come across a lobster pizza here either. It is the lobster pizza that I am after.

Jennie

I have heard that Red Lobster is not the best restaurant one can dine in. (We will try others as well.) However, we do not have them in Australia and what's more important, I have not come across a lobster pizza here either. It is the lobster pizza that I am after.

Jennie

Jennie enjoy it!

Sid

Jennie enjoy it!

Sid

Thanks Sid. I will - along with all of the other excitement that we have planned for NYC. Thanks very much to you and the other CC friends for helping me with my planning along the way. Please keep my email address of jennie1@exemail.com.au incase you have questions about Australia one day. Back to the packing now.LOL.

Jennie

There is also an Olive Garden in Times Square. Just remember that the prices are higher in Manhattan than at home. Don't faint. LOL:eek:

Oh my gosh!! Skip the Olive Garden and just go for a nice pizza at one of the many wonderful NYC Pizza Parlors.

Keith

Truth be told, I've eaten at many "great" restaurants that were far from great and quite pricey. Sometimes a good Red Lobster or Olive Garden meal is in order. If I eat from street vendors, I can eat at a chain.

I like American beer no matter where I am. Actually, I just like beer. :p

With all the great food in NYC I hate to think of you wasting a dinner on Red Lobster..but hey...if you can't get lobster pizza in OZ you might consider it a treat.

I like the suggestion of Red Lobster for lunch and some place else for dinner.:D

Now this may sound odd to many but I am curious to see if there are any Red Lobster restaurants in NYC (We are staying at Milford Plaza near the theatre district) I still remember a delicious lobster pizza that I had in Florida and we can't get them here so would love another in my

lifetime.:D We arrive on Friday so say "hi" to the family of 4 wearing Australian caps if you see us.;)

Jennie

Hi Jennie!

Red Lobster in Manhattan certainly isn't the worst place in the world to eat but you could certainly get a much better lobster pie in other locales.

Post this question on the Manhattan section of www.Chowhound.com and I'm sure you'll find your pizza that is cheaper and much better!

Have a great time in NYC! I'll be there as well running the half marathon on Sunday!

Enjoy your trip to NYC.

Also, if you like Pizza this is the best city for real New York City Pizza.

Keith

If she's eating at Red Lobster in NYC, my guess is she would prefer a Domino's pizza rather than a fabulous NYC pizza. :D

If you're looking for excellent seafood, try ESCA (400 West 43rd Street). It's expensive, but worth it.

If the OP is looking at Red Lobster prices that I have to disagree with your recommendation for Esca which is probably 4 times the price of a Red Lobster.

I would recommend something more like Blue Water Grill.

For a fabulous lobster pizza, go to:

Trattoria dell' Arte on 7th Ave and 56th/57th Streets.

or

Cafe Fiorello - Broadway and 66th Street (across street from Lincoln Center)

or

Otto's - 8th Street and 5th Ave (in the village) probably has lobster pizza, but I'd call ahead and ask if it's what you definitely want.

Archived