***Mini Review, 7/20 Explorer***

MBLTANGE and DZBOSS1 I love you both!!!!Yes..I am always done cleaning by the life boat drill and a sail away drink.....................thank you for letting me know I am not NUTS!!! Or atleast not alone in the SHELL. HEE HEE!!!!

Maybe we should star a cleaning on the high seas thread????

Have a good one ...Capecoddah

same IDEA.....Remote is the worst you are sooo right......Our cabins when we depart are the cleaner than when we arrive................Here's the senario OOOOO-AHHHH-Great cabin.....Crack the Champagne............One takes the left and works right & one takes the right and works left!!!! LOL LOL.............We use two lysol wipe containers........ and I bring a small trash bag for them.I even wash the floors................I know I know !!!!!!someone is now going to tell me I am certify-able....I know can't help it..........................My name is Capecoddah, I clean.................And you know it is not that the steward does not clean but how can they do what we do in the short turn around time they have..............I thank all stewards for what they do and tip them well for all the little extras they offer..never had a not nice one yet ........ every time we go off ship I always bring them some little thing form the port and in Bermuda when I buy the calling card to call Mom at home I buy them a couple too to call their homes.........any way I love to cruise wish I could do more but for now the one BIG spend on the one BIG cruise is enuf to hold me each year.............I love those O.S. and worth the splurge..........with the RCI credit card for the 50,000 points and the $500.00 discount then the C&A discounts it doesn't hurt that much and I book atleast a year + in advance and get a good price.....and I also say to my husband OOPS! hit the wrong button and we have a O.S...LOL........seems I hit that button alot tho we started with a D1 the went to J.S. then G.S. then O.S...........ah well.........So looking forward to the E.O.S. and the B2B.....thank you for the I do that too I feel bettter...:rolleyes:

I appreciate and am thankful for the room attendant also. I make up goody bags before hand. A huge one for him/her that has some up front cash and tons of candy, mints, toothpaste/toothbrush, hats, mini fans and batteries, snacks etc that I give when we first meet. (I also make up a dozen small goody bags for room service person/laundry delivery person. I put candy and mini fans and snacks and $2 on the top and give them out when they come to our door. THEY LOVE THEM!!)

MBLTANGE and DZBOSS1 I love you both!!!!Yes..I am always done cleaning by the life boat drill and a sail away drink.....................thank you for letting me know I am not NUTS!!! Or atleast not alone in the SHELL. HEE HEE!!!!

I have never done the bathroom floor...but have to admit I am never barefoot in the cabin...I use sox or slippers when I am in there. You are certainly not nuts...lol. I just feel so much better after I clean it!!!

I am born and raised CapeCoddah.............I guess if you have to wait between cruises not a bad place to do that we are in Barnstable on the Northside.....................Sandy Neck is our summer retreat....When did you move??

I'm off to look for the towel clips!!!!

I would have to agree with the fact that even if we are nuts - we have company!!!! LOL

PS - We also NEVER lay on the bedspreads - only the sheets - LOL

dzboss1 Any tips on which day you should reserve for Portifinos? Thanks for all your reviews.

Some people go by menu, some by where and when they are in port, some pick whatever day they can. I picked, for my last cruise, the day based on the time we were leaving the port (St Maartin)... at 9pm. I did that because I really enjoy the dining room and my table, and figured people would still be off the ship and perhaps lazy about sticking to the regular sitting so I would be missing nothing. The cruise before that, I picked it by dining room menu. In the end, it doesn't matter as long as you make it there!!:D And you are welcome!!

I am born and raised CapeCoddah.............I guess if you have to wait between cruises not a bad place to do that we are in Barnstable on the Northside.....................Sandy Neck is our summer retreat....When did you move??

I'm off to look for the towel clips!!!!

We moved from Mass to NC in June.

I hope you find the towel clips because they really are great...especially if you sit on the top deck, as I always do!!

I would have to agree with the fact that even if we are nuts - we have company!!!! LOL

ok..lets talk breadspreads since you brought it up....I almost always make them remove them from the cabin (or the hotel room) but on this last cruise all they had was a kind of "runner" that I just asked to place in a corner and stay.

Nothing like finding people like yourself...especially when you don't think they are out there!!!!;)

Ain't it the truth!!! LOL

Hey, I see you post on the Explorer thread and my Xmas 2008 cruise buddy Diva posts there. I sent her the DVD of me and the hubby on the Love and Marriage Show (from the Explorer July cruise) with my heatthrob, Allan Brooks. Ask her how wacky I am!!!!! lol

Hey, I see you post on the Explorer thread and my Xmas 2008 cruise buddy Diva posts there. I sent her the DVD of me and the hubby on the Love and Marriage Show (from the Explorer July cruise) with my heatthrob, Allan Brooks. Ask her how wacky I am!!!!! lol

Small world!!!! We bought the DVD from our cruise too - but we still haven't had the time to watch it. So many things to do, so little time!!! LOL We LOVED that show when we were on board - what a riot!!!

Small world!!!! We bought the DVD from our cruise too - but we still haven't had the time to watch it. So many things to do, so little time!!! LOL We LOVED that show when we were on board - what a riot!!!

We didn't buy the cruise dvd..we just have the Love and Marrige show dvd..they gave it to the 3 couples who were in it for free..we were the middle couple.

Hey Lynn from Wilkes-Barre!!! I bought them at Bed, Bath and Beyond - and ironically it was the week before I saw them on this thread. Even stranger is that we have the exact same fish and flamingos as what dzboss1 had on here!!!! How funny!!! If you can't find them - let me know and I'll check out our local Bed, Bath and Beyond to see if they still have them.

Thanks, I will check it out this weekend!

Lynn from Wilkes-Barre

Thanks, I will check it out this weekend!

Lynn from Wilkes-Barre

819c_2.JPG

This is how they look packaged. They have them on ebay for 11.99..but that is high since BB and B had them for 5.99. But since it is end of season......

You know people are rolling their eyes at us??? I never have confessed to my OCD onboard (or at home) But when I saw the Lysol roll I said "SISTERS!!!!!! Of the YAYA CLEANING HOOD"

O.K. enuf silliyness .................

We were on the Jewel out of Boston Repo last year 2006-31-10 in O.S.1060.....Lovely suite,great steward,and wonderful concierge Andrea!!!! But it was behind the Hump and I could not see a thing!!!!!! Tounge is firmly in cheek,here......................SOOO you were getting off as we were getting on....We booked a RCI hotel the Sheraton where they have the best staff.........and did the transfers to the ship,did a pre Boston and post down in Lauderdale at the Embassy Suites, a real neat old funky hotel,great staff there too....I'm a hate to fly person but did do well on the flight home..........For this one we are doing the RCI bus from South Station to the ship and back for the B2B......We figured by the time you get to airport and transfers etc,etc same amount of time and this way one luggage transfer and that's it.........so 4 of us from the Cape are doing that.....While I wish away the summer and fall and holidays!!!! SIGH!!!! I'm off to look for the clips for towels......have a good one Sisters......Capecoddah

You know people are rolling their eyes at us??? I never have confessed to my OCD onboard (or at home) But when I saw the Lysol roll I said "SISTERS!!!!!! Of the YAYA CLEANING HOOD"

O.K. enuf silliyness .................

We were on the Jewel out of Boston Repo last year 2006-31-10 in O.S.1060.....Lovely suite,great steward,and wonderful concierge Andrea!!!! But it was behind the Hump and I could not see a thing!!!!!! Tounge is firmly in cheek,here......................SOOO you were getting off as we were getting on....We booked a RCI hotel the Sheraton where they have the best staff.........and did the transfers to the ship,did a pre Boston and post down in Lauderdale at the Embassy Suites, a real neat old funky hotel,great staff there too....I'm a hate to fly person but did do well on the flight home..........For this one we are doing the RCI bus from South Station to the ship and back for the B2B......We figured by the time you get to airport and transfers etc,etc same amount of time and this way one luggage transfer and that's it.........so 4 of us from the Cape are doing that.....While I wish away the summer and fall and holidays!!!! SIGH!!!! I'm off to look for the clips for towels......have a good one Sisters......Capecoddah

Oh I just love all this bonding...isn't CC wonderful!!! Where can you connect anywhere else this easily!!

That is sooooo funny that I was getting off the Jewel, as you were boarding, and even more funny ....is that I was in the room a few hours before you were!!!!! Is that hysterical?????!!!! Good luck with the clips!!

Archived