***Mini Review, 7/20 Explorer***

This is the actual menu for that night....

Chef's Dinner (CD) / FormalSun-Ripened Pineapple Sliced pineapple, sun-dried apricot ricotta, and black pepperCitrus Cured Salmon Thinly sliced, with a dill- cucumber salad Creamed Wild Mushrooms In Puff Pastry Herbed crimini and oyster mushrooms in flaky pastry Cream of Asparagus Garnished with crunchy almonds Double Duck Consomme With julienne vegetables and aged port .Roasted Peach Soup Finished with fresh strawberries.House Salad Boston and Oakleaf lettuce, vine ripe tomatoes and sunflower seeds Ranch, Thousand Island, Italian, Blue cheese, Honey mustard or Caesar dressingStrawberry Kiwi Sorbet New England Bay Scallops and Ziti Topped with grilled portobello mushroomsand fire-roasted red pepper pestoFisherman's Plate A broiled lobster tail and garlicky shrimp served with broccoli florets S D/ Thai BBQ Chicken Breast With coconut-lemongrass jasmine riceSlow Roasted Aged Prime Rib Cut thick, in natural jus, with a baked russet potato, chive-sour cream, and glazed root vegetablesAsian Fried Tofu With sautéed bok choy, shiitake mushrooms, and red curry sauce Mashed potatoes, baked potato, rice and vegetable of the dayTraditional Caesar Salad Ziti with Marinara Sauce Broiled Fillet of Norwegian Salmon Grilled Chicken Breast with seasonal herbs Grilled Black Angus Top Sirloin with Herb Butter Special Dessert Assortment Platter (3 mini desserts on a plate for each guest) Mini baba, flourless chocolate cake & cheesecakeLow-fat Berry Mousse Strawberry and blueberry yogurt mousse with low-fat vanilla sauceSugar-free Red Berry Tart Flaky pie crust filled with sugar-free vanilla pastry cream and fresh red berries

This is the actual menu for that night....

Chef's Dinner (CD) / FormalSun-Ripened Pineapple Sliced pineapple, sun-dried apricot ricotta, and black pepperCitrus Cured Salmon Thinly sliced, with a dill- cucumber salad Creamed Wild Mushrooms In Puff Pastry Herbed crimini and oyster mushrooms in flaky pastry Cream of Asparagus Garnished with crunchy almonds Double Duck Consomme With julienne vegetables and aged port .Roasted Peach Soup Finished with fresh strawberries.House Salad Boston and Oakleaf lettuce, vine ripe tomatoes and sunflower seeds Ranch, Thousand Island, Italian, Blue cheese, Honey mustard or Caesar dressingStrawberry Kiwi Sorbet New England Bay Scallops and Ziti Topped with grilled portobello mushroomsand fire-roasted red pepper pestoFisherman's Plate A broiled lobster tail and garlicky shrimp served with broccoli florets S D/ Thai BBQ Chicken Breast With coconut-lemongrass jasmine riceSlow Roasted Aged Prime Rib Cut thick, in natural jus, with a baked russet potato, chive-sour cream, and glazed root vegetablesAsian Fried Tofu With sautéed bok choy, shiitake mushrooms, and red curry sauce Mashed potatoes, baked potato, rice and vegetable of the dayTraditional Caesar Salad Ziti with Marinara Sauce Broiled Fillet of Norwegian Salmon Grilled Chicken Breast with seasonal herbs Grilled Black Angus Top Sirloin with Herb Butter Special Dessert Assortment Platter (3 mini desserts on a plate for each guest) Mini baba, flourless chocolate cake & cheesecakeLow-fat Berry Mousse Strawberry and blueberry yogurt mousse with low-fat vanilla sauceSugar-free Red Berry Tart Flaky pie crust filled with sugar-free vanilla pastry cream and fresh red berries

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back here to thank you - we actually got back from our cruise on the 12th. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to have the menus BEFORE we left. We knew exactly what night we wanted to go to Portofino's (we went on the first formal night) and even what we wanted for dinner each night before we even saw the "official" menus!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Lynn

Bethlehem, PA

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back here to thank you - we actually got back from our cruise on the 12th. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to have the menus BEFORE we left. We knew exactly what night we wanted to go to Portofino's (we went on the first formal night) and even what we wanted for dinner each night before we even saw the "official" menus!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Lynn

Bethlehem, PA

Oh you are so welcome!!! I am so glad that they helped you!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We have a O.S.1320??? on the April 2008 E.O.S. a wonderful B2B of 14 days in heaven..We have not done this class of ship........We are very excited as it will have been almost 1 1/2 yrs since a cruise or vaction for that matter..........we will do a 2 niter out of Boston for dec 2007 so brief a tease!!!!...........but WE NEED A LONG CRUISE!!!! Love the thread I will know this ship inside out before we even board thank you to all for the great cruise info!!!!

We have a O.S.1320??? on the April 2008 E.O.S. a wonderful B2B of 14 days in heaven..We have not done this class of ship........We are very excited as it will have been almost 1 1/2 yrs since a cruise or vaction for that matter..........we will do a 2 niter out of Boston for dec 2007 so brief a tease!!!!...........but WE NEED A LONG CRUISE!!!! Love the thread I will know this ship inside out before we even board thank you to all for the great cruise info!!!!

We were in a JS on Deck 10.

We had OS 1320 for our June 2006 Explorer cruise!! It was an awesome room on the hump!! I can not say enought about the ship and crew!!!! Let me see if I can find some pictures of it for you.

If its not an industry secret what was the ? or statement they had you say to get in the newlywed game? Just curious have loved reading your posts, am new here and love reading them. Still deciding between liberty and serenade Nov 08

it was something like "oowie oowie baby... I want to get groovy baby." I can't remember the exact phase but something like that...lol.

If its not an industry secret what was the ? or statement they had you say to get in the newlywed game? Just curious have loved reading your posts, am new here and love reading them. Still deciding between liberty and serenade Nov 08

I wish I could help you decide, but I have experience with neither. I think its a win win situation though!!

Gotta love those towel clips. Stylish.....................weren't they?????????

Not only did these clips work well on our bathing suits out on the balcony so they would dry without blowing away - but they also worked well hanging on the bottom of our shower curtain so that it wouldn't stick to us!!! LOL We were in handicapped accessible Junior Suite 1244. You can see just a little bit of one of the clips in this shot.

100_5727.jpg?t=1188953576

If you want to know even more about the Explorer - check out -http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=11503617#post11503617 It's fabulous!!!!

Thank you so much for starting this thread dzboss1!!!! I can't tell you how many times I've told people on that thread to check out THIS thread for all the menus!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

If you want to know even more about the Explorer - check out -http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=11503617#post11503617 It's fabulous!!!!

Thank you so much for starting this thread dzboss1!!!! I can't tell you how many times I've told people on that thread to check out THIS thread for all the menus!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

Oh thank you soooo much!! It has been such a joy to share all that I can and it really moves me to know how it is appreciated!!!! CC is an amazing place to be...with wonderful people that I have met face to face, or just shared words with. I am so proud to be part of this!!

Oh thank you soooo much!! It has been such a joy to share all that I can and it really moves me to know how it is appreciated!!!! CC is an amazing place to be...with wonderful people that I have met face to face, or just shared words with. I am so proud to be part of this!!

hey....arent u the one I told about CC...LOLOL....

and the towel clips...

I AM NOW TAKING A BOW:eek: :o :D

hey....arent u the one I told about CC...LOLOL....

and the towel clips...

I AM NOW TAKING A BOW:eek: :o :D

Ok, here is a perfect example of the power of Cruise Critic.....

I met Shazzzzz on the Voyager back in 2005. We met one morning on the pool deck and began talking. She told me about this CC site...which I have never heard of. I think we hit it of a little, but she got up to meet some people (her CC friends as a matter of fact) and I never saw her again during the cruise...never knew her name. When I returned, I immediately went on this unknown site (to me), started my first thread for my June 2006 cruise and I was off...I was hooked here and knew its great importance in a cruisers life.

When I booked my July 2007 cruise, and when on the thread for that, I discovered that I had sailed with most of these people on that same Voyager but had never met them..the mystery lady on the pool deck was not one of them. But still, a Small world. A few new people came on posting, but I never brought up the "lady". One poster was someone they cruised with on the Voyager, but she wasn't booked yet. She posted a lot for a month or so. On a whim one day I threw out the story again. To my surprise this non-booked person said that story sounded kind of familiar. We exchanged what we remembered on the thread, but we still weren't sure. I sent her my picture...she didn't remember me. I said I was pretty sure I would know her if I saw her, but couldn't actually describe her. So she sent me her picture...OMG!! When I saw her face it all came flooding back...it was her. (She booked a cruise a few weeks later) We started emailing each other a few times a day, and talked occasionally on the phone. When we went on the July cruise, she was with my family maybe 80% of the time. We bonded so quickly..and guess what?? She is coming to say with me for a 4 days next week!!! That is what makes CC so wonderful!!!!

(and yes, it was she who turned me on to the towel clips...actually sending me a few sets of them in the mail)

Not only did these clips work well on our bathing suits out on the balcony so they would dry without blowing away - but they also worked well hanging on the bottom of our shower curtain so that it wouldn't stick to us!!! LOL We were in handicapped accessible Junior Suite 1244. You can see just a little bit of one of the clips in this shot.

100_5727.jpg?t=1188953576

Hi Lynn from Bethlehem, this is Lynn from Wilkes-Barre from the Everything EOS thread. You have to tell me more about these towel clips. Where do you get them?? They sound perfect...need some of those for our next cruise!!

Lynn

DSC01095_0029.jpg?t=1188990641

You can see the fish (blue and yellow) clips on the left side of my over the door organizer, and also the pink flamingo clips are under it. They hold the towel in place on deck..especially needed when you are at sea and the wind is wonderfully intense!!! I could not crusie now without them!!

Hi Lynn from Bethlehem, this is Lynn from Wilkes-Barre from the Everything EOS thread. You have to tell me more about these towel clips. Where do you get them?? They sound perfect...need some of those for our next cruise!!

Lynn

Hey Lynn from Wilkes-Barre!!! I bought them at Bed, Bath and Beyond - and ironically it was the week before I saw them on this thread. Even stranger is that we have the exact same fish and flamingos as what dzboss1 had on here!!!! How funny!!! If you can't find them - let me know and I'll check out our local Bed, Bath and Beyond to see if they still have them.

That was the nicest thing to do I loved every picture!!!! I am truly wishing the time away till I can open the door on my little home!!! 1320!!!!! That was so nice of you to do to put the pics up!!! How was the balcony????? We had a O.S. on the Jewel last October 2006 it was behind the hump and this time I was sure to book early to get on the hump..........I had to laugh at the Lysol wipes!!!! When I showed my husband he cracked up cause the first thing we do when we get to the cabin is pull out the wipes crack the bottle of Champagne and wipe everything down takes us no time and my OCD is showing right?????? SOOO phobic about the virus thingie........................But thank you very much for that it was the nicest thing that has been done on C.C. for me and I marvel we have the same cabin # the world just got smaller!!! Have a great day mine was just made brighter THANK YOU..........Capecoddah!!!;)

That was the nicest thing to do I loved every picture!!!! I am truly wishing the time away till I can open the door on my little home!!! 1320!!!!! That was so nice of you to do to put the pics up!!! How was the balcony????? We had a O.S. on the Jewel last October 2006 it was behind the hump and this time I was sure to book early to get on the hump..........I had to laugh at the Lysol wipes!!!! When I showed my husband he cracked up cause the first thing we do when we get to the cabin is pull out the wipes crack the bottle of Champagne and wipe everything down takes us no time and my OCD is showing right?????? SOOO phobic about the virus thingie........................But thank you very much for that it was the nicest thing that has been done on C.C. for me and I marvel we have the same cabin # the world just got smaller!!! Have a great day mine was just made brighter THANK YOU..........Capecoddah!!!;)

We wipe everything down too!!! LOL Do you know what most people forget to wipe down and is proven to be the dirtiest item because it never gets cleaned? The TV REMOTE!!!! Ever since I read that - I wipe it down too!!!

Ok...you are freaking me out here..we were on the Jewel last Oct also and had a OS on the hump!!!!!!!..and it was the best OS ever!! It was cabin 1060 and I have AMAZING pictures of that cabin if anyone wants to see them. The balcony was the length of that lonnnnnnnng room with 2 sliders!!

Oh I LOVE my lysol wipes. The family knows...drop the luggage in the room and leave so I can get to work...I wipe down EVERYTHING....ice bucket handles, door handles, omg yes the remote, phones, drawer handles..you name it..it is lysoled!! It doesn't take long to do it and I feel sooo much better. You have to remember a family was "living" in that cabin just a few hours before!!:D

same IDEA.....Remote is the worst you are sooo right......Our cabins when we depart are the cleaner than when we arrive................Here's the senario OOOOO-AHHHH-Great cabin.....Crack the Champagne............One takes the left and works right & one takes the right and works left!!!! LOL LOL.............We use two lysol wipe containers........ and I bring a small trash bag for them.I even wash the floors................I know I know !!!!!!someone is now going to tell me I am certify-able....I know can't help it..........................My name is Capecoddah, I clean.................And you know it is not that the steward does not clean but how can they do what we do in the short turn around time they have..............I thank all stewards for what they do and tip them well for all the little extras they offer..never had a not nice one yet ........ every time we go off ship I always bring them some little thing form the port and in Bermuda when I buy the calling card to call Mom at home I buy them a couple too to call their homes.........any way I love to cruise wish I could do more but for now the one BIG spend on the one BIG cruise is enuf to hold me each year.............I love those O.S. and worth the splurge..........with the RCI credit card for the 50,000 points and the $500.00 discount then the C&A discounts it doesn't hurt that much and I book atleast a year + in advance and get a good price.....and I also say to my husband OOPS! hit the wrong button and we have a O.S...LOL........seems I hit that button alot tho we started with a D1 the went to J.S. then G.S. then O.S...........ah well.........So looking forward to the E.O.S. and the B2B.....thank you for the I do that too I feel bettter...:rolleyes:

You are making me blush you know!!

BTW....lived in Mass all my live..till 3 months ago when we moved to NC. Spent many a summer in Falmouth and Hyannis with friends as a teenager. One summer I was at the Botello (??)..it was right on Falmouth beach...I think it was a rooming house??? Maybe before your time...lol

Archived