***Mini Review, 7/20 Explorer***

Great review, Thank God for menus as everyone asks about them, and EXCELLENT PICTURES! :D I'm going to post the link to this thread over on the Explorer thread to be sure everyone sees what a great job you did and they will love all the pics and info!

Thanks for posting everything I know it takes time!:)

Suzanne

Hey Denice,

What a great job on this thread. The pictures are fabulous. Just makes me even more excited for December. Can't wait to meet you neighbour!!

By the way, did you notice if they offered the champagne card ?

You are welcome...so glad you will be experiencing her!!!!

You are the best. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your on-line posts, THE photos and your mini reviewaand all the good stuff you have written.

I don't know where you find the time to do all this, but all I can say is "THANK YOU" !!!!!!!!!!!

Great review, Thank God for menus as everyone asks about them, and EXCELLENT PICTURES! :D I'm going to post the link to this thread over on the Explorer thread to be sure everyone sees what a great job you did and they will love all the pics and info!

Thanks for posting everything I know it takes time!:)

Suzanne

Suzanne ~~~ Thank you sooooooo much!! You're a sweetheart!! I just love to share my excitement with everyone, and happy to know it was appreciated.

Thanks for the great review....and PICTURES!!!! I love them! We'll be on the Explorer on Aug 17th....can't wait!!!

cdpteach:rolleyes:

You're welcome. No matter how good a time you think you will have...it will be even better than that!!!

Hey Denice,

What a great job on this thread. The pictures are fabulous. Just makes me even more excited for December. Can't wait to meet you neighbour!!

By the way, did you notice if they offered the champagne card ?

Kim ~~~ You KNOW I'm can't to meet you!!! 12 days on that ship?? OMG!!!!

I don't drink, but I am pretty sure I heard people mentioning they bought them, so I will say yes...till corrected otherwise.;)

They did offer the champagne card......10 drinks for approximately $60....this included tax and gratuities. Sammy and Mario were very gracious and friendly.

Thank you..I knew one of my CC friends would know (and I should have read further before posting my answer lol)!!!!

You are the best. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your on-line posts, THE photos and your mini reviewaand all the good stuff you have written.

I don't know where you find the time to do all this, but all I can say is "THANK YOU" !!!!!!!!!!!

You are more than welcome...it has been my pleasure!!

You're welcome. No matter how good a time you think you will have...it will be even better than that!!!

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for starting this thread!!!!! This will make it so much easier for us to pick which night we'd like to go to Portofino's. We have only been on one cruise - our honeymoon 20 years ago - and it was on a tiny ship. We are leaving on Friday on the Explorer for our son's high school graduation and 18th birthday celebration. We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again -

Lynn

Bethlehem, PA

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for starting this thread!!!!! This will make it so much easier for us to pick which night we'd like to go to Portofino's. We have only been on one cruise - our honeymoon 20 years ago - and it was on a tiny ship. We are leaving on Friday on the Explorer for our son's high school graduation and 18th birthday celebration. We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again -

Lynn

Bethlehem, PA

I am so glad I could help!!!! I wish I could really express in words what an AMAZING time you all will have...but they really would not do it justice!!

I made a few copies of the Love and Marriage DVD and will be sending them to some of my shipmates on my upcoming Xmas cruise...if they didn't know me before this..they will now!! LMAO

Lynn..........I sailed with Denice and QUARANTEE you will have a fabulous time. How could you not???? There's so much to do............do as little or as much as you want. Have a blast!!:)

Thank you so much - I can't even tell you how stinkin' excited we are!!!!:cool:

Lynn

Bethlehem, PA

Appetizers, Soups, Salads

Carpaccio Con Scaglie Di Parmigiano- Thinly sliced seared tenderloin with a salad of shaved fennel, argula and sun-dried tomatoes, finished with lemon-infused olive oil and roasted pine seeds

Risotto Ai Gamberetti- Tiger shrimp sauteed with fresh herbs on a bed of creamy saffron risotto (This is what I had...OMG it was WONDERFUL!!!!!)

Insalata Caprese- Vine ripened yellow and red teardrop tomatoes with baby boccocini, basil, and red onion

Zuppa Gran Farro – Tradional Tuscan bean soup with barley pearls and garlic crostini

Zuppa Fredda Di Pomodori E Peperoni Dolci Con Capesante Ed Avocado - Chilled plum tomato and pepper soup with seared scallops and avocado

Zuppa Del Giorno - Soup of the day

Insalata Di Pere E Gorgonzola - Mesclun greens, crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, slices of crip pears and roasted candied walnuts served with house dressing

Insalata All Cesare - Romaine lettuce with shaved parmesan, herb croutons, and traditional dressing. Prepared a la minute in the dining room

Melanzane ripieni di ricotta e spinaci alla parmigiana – eggplant roulades filled with spinach and ricolla, parmesan style (hubby had that...he was speechless!!)

Insalata di petto di anatra affumiciata – sliced smoked duck over arugula and field mushroom confit with parmesan shaving and olive oil drizzle

Calamari friti alla liqure – with white balsamic romaine dip and tomato, black olive and pine nut salsa (daughter had that..she said incredible!)

Pasta

Penne alla caminetto – penne pasta with beef ragu, plum tomatoes and garlic confit finished with shaved parmesan and fresh parsley

Pappardelle Mantecate Con Crema Marscaponem, Funghi Arrosto E Timo- Ribbon pasta with roasted mushrooms and fresh thyme, lightly tossed in a marscapone cream sauce

Spaghetti di mare – shrimp, bay scallops, squid and mussels in garlic herb sauce tossed with spaghetti and grape tomatoes

Main Courses

Gamberoni Cotti In Padella Al Profumo Di Mare- Tiger shrimp, roasted garlic and fresh herbs, served on a bed of grilled asparagus and baby vegetables

Saltimbocca Alla Romana- Thinly sliced veal wrapped with fresh sage and prosciutto, pan-friend with porcini mushroom risotto and Marsala jus

Filetto Di Manzo Alla Piastra- Girlled North American beef tenderloin on creamy truffle mashed potatoes, roasted and carmelized garlic and seasonal vegetables (INCREDIBLE!!!!!)

Filetto de Halibut alla grigla – grilled fillet of Atlantic halibut over a citrus crab and shrimp risotto finished with salsa verde and lemon butter sauce

Spiedino du frutti di mare alla Toscana – skewers of Maine lobster, gamberoni, scallops and salmon grilled and served with Ligurian potatoes and sun dried tomato beurre blanc

Petto di pollo marinato con ebbe di campo salsa scarpiccio – herb marinated skin on chicken breast baked crispy accompanied by golden shallots, baby vegetables and scarpiccio sauce

Archived