Unlimited Soda

emsapb

RCI does have a soda plan for your cruise. You pay the day you board and they add a 15% surcharge. They put a sticker on your seapass card and give you a mug/container to use for your cruise. I think it's something like $4 a day for kids and $6 a day for adults.

We have gotten it for my daughter on our last few cruises and I did not think that she drank enough to justify the cost. Most days she would just get one with dinner.

I always keep some in the room.

they sure do offer it. it is 6 a day like the previous poster said. for us it was nice because it covers soda and juice and we decided not to get trashed this time around so we could drink fruit juices all day for no extra charge. It also covered the dining room drinks

My husband gets the soda card every time. He drinks Diet Coke/Pepsi from morning until night. I saw recently on CC that the soda sticker no longer includes juices. I don't know from personal experience if this is true or not. We will find out in October, but for now we are expecting juice NOT to be included.

Enjoy your cruise.

on liberty last week juices were included in the soda package

we bought one for each of the three of us and it was a waste of money for my husband and I, plus, we never got given those plastic containers when we bought them - I saw someone walking around with one a couple of days before the end of the cruise and got one for my son, although he never actually used it.

Likewise, we bought three floating mats on Labadee at $10 a piece and they were a waste of money too - oh, well, nothing like experience!

on liberty last week juices were included in the soda package

we bought one for each of the three of us and it was a waste of money for my husband and I, plus, we never got given those plastic containers when we bought them - I saw someone walking around with one a couple of days before the end of the cruise and got one for my son, although he never actually used it.

Likewise, we bought three floating mats on Labadee at $10 a piece and they were a waste of money too - oh, well, nothing like experience!

I read on CC where some would got to the local $1.00 store and buy the blow up rafts and when you are done trade them for trinkets at the Market.

So, you can bring soda on the ship with you? I did not know this. I was encouraging my Mom to get a soda card for my Dad - but if you can bring like, a 12 pack of Soda on board, I think he can make it through the week.

You can buy a can of soda without a soda card--it's only $1.50--about what a hotel charges. It's affordable. We only drank 3 sodas on our 10-day cruise. So, you don't HAVE to lug heavy sodas with you to avoid buying a soda card!

Hi,

Do you have to buy a package for everyone in your stateroom? If not what's to stop you just buying one and getting drinks for all in your party?

Yeah I know I'm a cheapskate but I got a cruise to pay for..:D

Mick.

You can buy a can of soda without a soda card--it's only $1.50--about what a hotel charges. It's affordable. We only drank 3 sodas on our 10-day cruise. So, you don't HAVE to lug heavy sodas with you to avoid buying a soda card!

I take my own because the ship only offers Coke and I can only drink Pepsi products. (caffein free diet Pepsi) So, we always take our own on board all of our cruises.

kathyanddick

I take my own because the ship only offers Coke and I can only drink Pepsi products. (caffein free diet Pepsi) So, we always take our own on board all of our cruises.

kathyanddick

So we are allowed to bring our own sodas on board the ship? This will be my first time on RCCL next month, don't know how strict they are...

ok, I've cruised Carnival exclusively until this Fri. I am taking a 3 night solo on Monarch OTS to get a taste of RCL. I know what I can bring on Carnival, they are very accomodating drink wise.

SO on RCL I (after lots of reading) was under the assumption you could bring NOTHING onbaord?? I have my wine taken care of by a fantastic TA ( thank you:D ) But on Carnival I always take on diet coke & Parrott Bay rum. I have resigned myself to buying a soda card and using the insulated glass they give you. Trying to follow the rules of a line I am unfimiliar with. I REALLY want to take on some Parrott Bay. Can I get away with it? Maybe not in the original bottle or is it better to "up front" with it? I don't want to have to go to the "naughty room" or get kicked off. I'm not bringing a whole bars worth.

Help:confused: :confused: I'm confused but the RCL Board..

Happy Cruising, 3 days and a wake up~

Donna

ok, I've cruised Carnival exclusively until this Fri. I am taking a 3 night solo on Monarch OTS to get a taste of RCL. I know what I can bring on Carnival, they are very accomodating drink wise.

SO on RCL I (after lots of reading) was under the assumption you could bring NOTHING onbaord?? I have my wine taken care of by a fantastic TA ( thank you:D ) But on Carnival I always take on diet coke & Parrott Bay rum. I have resigned myself to buying a soda card and using the insulated glass they give you. Trying to follow the rules of a line I am unfimiliar with. I REALLY want to take on some Parrott Bay. Can I get away with it? Maybe not in the original bottle or is it better to "up front" with it? I don't want to have to go to the "naughty room" or get kicked off. I'm not bringing a whole bars worth.

Help:confused: :confused: I'm confused but the RCL Board..

Happy Cruising, 3 days and a wake up~

Donna

You can try to pack it on in your checked luggage, but expect that they will find it. One bottle won't get you booted and if they catch it, they will hold until the end of the cruise and give it back, so it's worth a shot IMO. The worst that happens is you don't get it during the cruise.

Hi,

Do you have to buy a package for everyone in your stateroom? If not what's to stop you just buying one and getting drinks for all in your party?

Yeah I know I'm a cheapskate but I got a cruise to pay for..:D

Mick.

PAH-LEEEEEEEZE don't get started on that, it's been done ad nauseum. AND like the other poster said, how about your conscience?

Archived