Celebrity Solstice - Meyer Werft Webcam

excitedofharpenden

Now that Norwegian Gem has been floated out, the space is free for Solstice and she's named on their site webcam page. Not much to see at the moment, but it will be interesting to watch progress. Here's the link to add to your favourites, if it's not there already:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=2&subs=0&did=826

Phil

Well that is not quite true the pieces that are already parked there are probably well and truely over a 3rd of the ship. From what it looks like most of the hull is already sitting there waiting to be welded together. The superstructure is still missing. In about a years time she should close to finished and possibly already on sea trails.

I asked the same question (re ship diagram on web site) and the Captain's club rep said it is in the "works".

I especially want to know about the spa area cabins: what will be near them, where is the spa restaurant, etc.

Well that is not quite true the pieces that are already parked there are probably well and truely over a 3rd of the ship. From what it looks like most of the hull is already sitting there waiting to be welded together. The superstructure is still missing. In about a years time she should close to finished and possibly already on sea trails.

I'm sure that is the case, but as I said there still isn't very much to actually see. Cant' wait to see it as she progresses:cool:

Phil

Can't see it? well if you expecting something that resembles a ship well yes but those blocks of steel is the hull of the ship but then again I have been watching the chunks grow over the months.....

By the way have you notice the davids (not sure of the spelling) for the life boats at the bottom end of the photo - that might give you an idea of just how much of the ship is already sitting there.

By the way have you notice the davids (not sure of the spelling) for the life boats at the bottom end of the photo - that might give you an idea of just how much of the ship is already sitting there.

I think I'm looking at the wrong side. Is Solstice being built nearest the camera with the green hoists overhead?

Phil

Hi,

Yes, the Celebrity Solstice picture does appear to show davits in the lower right hand corner.

But if that's indeed what they are, it certainly looks to be a curious arrangement. On the one side, the white davits don't even appear to be anywhere close to the edge of the ship. :confused:

Do enjoy looking at this link periodically. VERY exciting! Many thanks to the OP!

CM

• 1 month later...

I really think Celebrity had something to do with it. It stopped about the same time that the webcam became common knowledge here. Also, there was a file on the Meyer-Werft website that had some drawings with penciled remarks that was available for viewing, but once notice of that appeared on these boards, it too disappeared from the ship builder's website.

Also, there was supposed to be a show about the Solstice on Discovery Chanel's "Really Big Things" with Matt Rogers, but it isn't the listings through Nov. 10.

So I personally think Celebrity is really trying to keep the Solstice under wraps.

Hi

I regonized the fact, that the cam has frozen also a few days ago. Maybe X- has something to do with it. I don´t know, but it is not out of imagination though! My first thought was that there is something wrong with the cam. I usually print the site out every monday ( when the site refreshes) , so can follow the process of makeing the Solstice.

Greetings

Michael

Archived