6 star service !!!

Degas

I called Regent customer service yesterday.

I asked the young man if he had been to Tahiti. He replied he grew up there. I said great ....can you tell me where I can get some Coke Zero?Will it be OK to bring some on board the PG?

He asked me for my bookling number and said

Ma'am I will make sure that there is some Coke Zero in your fridge.I will send a note for the head bartender to make sure there is Coke Zero available for you to enjoy elsewhere on the ship !!!!!

Blow me over I was speechless !!!!!! :cool:

I guess that's why they call Regent 6 star Baby!!!!!!

wow! let us know when you get back that is was in the frig...... I have no doubt it will be..... but the confirmation could send me right to my travel agent to book Another Regent Cruise.... (not that i need excuse to book a cruise.. I like to have a couple booked at all times!)

Can you tell me what number you called? My husband only drinks Diet Rite because it doesn't have calories or aspertame. He would be speechless if he found that in the fridge. I would like to surpirse him.

That is fantastic service. This is our first time on Regent ( going to Tahiti on Sept. 1st) and from everything I have read they are 1st class all the way.

Micked10

Hi you....

Please let me know all about your cruise when you get back !!!! Let me know about some great souvenirs to buy and tours. I will be in Bora Bora on a sunday and will be going to church with some other women in my group. Could you ask the people on the ship what time the church services are at the church close to the tender dock. Thanks I would really appreciate it. It will help dictate the tour we will take after the service.

So I called 1-877-505-5370 and spoke to a customer service rep. He was very nice.

I don't know if they sell Diet Rite in Tahiti but you should get your DH to try Coke Zero.....no sugar and no calories. Tastes great !!!!

I tried diet coke and Pepsi ....I almost retched with the taste of aspartame...yuk !!!!

Good luck !!!! Let me know what happens.

My mother drank Diet Rite, and after I requested it it was waiting for her in the cabin fridge on our Bermuda cruise. However, it might be a little more challenging to get it in Polynesia (I took the galley tour one rainy day, and the executive chef who conducted it was surprisingly frank about what they have to do to get their supplies in that part of the world). But ask for it; they'll try.

Thanks so much for your reply. I will call customer service and see what they can do. I will try to find out what time the church services are for you . I wish we would be there on a Sunday because according to another post the singing is wonderful!

We return on Sept. 18th and I will try to post something then or (maybe the next day, if I am suffering with jet lag!) I will get the time for the church service and also relay info. on shore excursions. right now we have booked Marc's on Huahine, Damien's on Bora Bora, rented a car for one day in Moorea and then will wait until we board to book some other snorkeling excursions.

I definitely want to look for black pearls and I have a Grandson who collects masks so I would like to find some neat masks and of course some pareo's.

thanks again for the info.

Micked10

The dominant religion on most islands, including BoraBora is evangelical--sort of like Baptist here. When my husband was in seminary, there were 2 guys from French Polynesia, so he learned a lot about it never dreaming that we would visit someday.

Wow, I am impressed! I just called the customer service number and asked if it was possible to have Diet Rite soda in the Fridge for our PG cruise on Sept. 1st . Not only was the young lady very friendly but without hesitation she said, of course, I'll see that it is in the fridge. I then asked if I could have mixed drinks such as Margarita's or Pina colada's since I don't like wine. she laughed and said, " as many as you want."

This is our 23rd cruise but the 1st on Regent and so far I am really impressed! Hope it matches up to my expectations .

Micked10

Micked10, I can't wait to hear what your thoughts are when you return. We have been on 34 cruises and have also recently booked our first on Regent. I can't wait to see if you think it was "worth" the extra price. My husband keeps telling me I can't drink that much for the difference in price, and I tell him it is way more then the included drinks. It will be a totally different experience. At least that is what I am expecting.......

Hi Comettgirl,

You are a Missouri girl too and you know the motto " show me". I will be glad to let you know how everything is because my husband said the same thing. He doesn't drink at all--just diet Rite Soda and I don't like wine and usually drink only one drink before dinner like a Margarita. My DH thinks it is very expensive compared to our other cruises. I keep telling him--"You'll see." I will write a trip report after we return.

Micked10

Regent is like being in a great relationship. They try really hard to please you. I did have a problem with the young man in customer service that I spoke to, however. Because I was worried about lost luggage, I asked what would happen in the evening if I had nothing nice to wear. You know what he said? That I would be confined to my cabin :eek: ! Rather harsh when you are looking forward to making many precious memories.

No, he was serious! He told me if they lost my luggage, I would need to go into town and buy new clothes. I would not be allowed up on deck without proper attire and I could call for room service. After having done the cruise, I can't imagine where I would have shopped for anything appropriate to wear except for chips and salsa with drinks.

Sorry mythologist, I'm not doubting your word, but I'm doubting that the guy was correct. I've heard lots about people who have had their luggage lost on these cruises, and everybody's been very tolerant and helpful of their loss. I seem to remember hearing about officers lending their jackets??

Regent is a stickler for a jacket on a formal night so you must have that to eat in the dining room even if you have lost your luggage.

However having lost my luggage more than once I am expert on lost luggage and Regent.

The biggest problem is for a man who does not have a jacket and there is a formal night (usually second night on board - prior to any lost luggage delivery) On every situation we have been able to borrow a black jacket, pants, white shirt and black tie from the ship. They have these in stock for their waiters. They have been delivered to our stateroom and even an exercise in different sizes to get one that fits. He has received shoes but one time he wore his sneakers. They were okay with that. On one trip he got an officers uniform he looked really good with those stripes on his sleeves.

With the borrowed items my husband could handle formal nights and he was set.

They took our clothes and laundered them free every night and returned first thing in the morning and took on the task of tracking our luggage and kept us informed.

This happened to us on our last trip in June. We bought some new clothing with our insurance and airline reimbursement.

I now carry a few changes of underwear, one pair of slacks and a sports shirt for my husband and one black chicos outfit for me. I figure with borrowing the "formal" outfit for my husband and the one extra outfit each, with free laundry it might be easier than packing everything!!

This trip I am about to take we are going through Heathrow. I will be very surprised if our suitcases make it. I am mentally prepared for no luggage.

Archived