What new ship's amenity would you like?

srphnx

And, what is commonly done on long cruises on some other cruise lines: a free learning at sea program operated by (perhaps) retired professionals who work for no pay but get their cabin and board for free.
(Hand waving madly in the air) Me! Me! Me! I'll do it! Let me! Whaddaya want me to teach? Computer, crafts, public speaking, decorating - just name it and tell me where to show up!

I like the idea of informative port lectures and happy hour, too. And shore excursions that don't stop every ten minutes to shop at ANOTHER place with the same stuff as all the others. (I think this depends on how many shop keeping relatives the tour guides and drivers have on our route) :) I would also like to bring my dogs...........then I could take really long cruises..............and booking reservations and checking my account on the tv.............and I like the Conservatory idea, and the lazy river...........and poker.................you guys have such great ideas!!!

I would like to hereby volunteer to teach a class in belly rubs for pooches.................my dogs think I'm the best!!!! :)

Steve, you made the 5000 Club!!! Congratulations!!!! :D
Thank you Sue, I am sure you will be there soon, good thing, there is too much food and drink in the special lounge they set up for us, I could use the help.

Tina... there is a swim-up bar on the Regal. :)

I know Pam! :) We sailed on her sister ship the Crown Princess many moons ago, and that's what made me think of it! Unfortunately, we were sailing the Crown in Alaska, so there weren't any takers on the swim up bar. Nor did we get to see any feet swimming around thru the glass wall!

TinaLee

We mey a gentleman and his wife on our last cruise - he was hired by Princess (Free cruise) to do caricatures - he only did them for one hour and only on Sea days - he was good! Nice work if you can get it.

If reality doesn't have to be considered, here's mine: I'd love to have spa jets in the showers! Ya know, like they have in some spa locker rooms that have 6 or 7 nozzles on three sides set at different levels. Of course, they'd have to upgrade the size of the showers and add doors, but I can dream, can't I? I'd prefer the spa jets to a whirlpool tub, myself!

Here's another one: They allow you to bring on your own wine, and they will hold it for you if you don't finish it, right? Well, since they can't or won't improve the coffee, how about they allow us to bring on a pound or so of our favorite blend and have that held for us & brewed each morning?

I would love the ship to have an area at the rear where the deck dropped to sea level so you could swim, maybe paddle around on a raft. I saw this on one of the small (little) (tiny) (the Grand could put it in it's pocket) (miniscule)(microscopic) cruise ships featured on the Travel channel. It looked like a blast. Of course you say, there is enough to do on a big (large)...ok, no more ship.

I agree with:

A real movie theater would be nice.

Ok, a ship dog/cat/parrot/ferret/monkey would be fine.

Oh, and a number of massage chairs, they could be in the "flower room."

Michael... I didn't see a dedicated movie theater on the Regal. The only place we saw movies, other than in-cabin, were in a theater but the screen was drop-down and was some sort of netting. The picture on the screen looked like it was underwater -- really awful -- and every time the ship moved (and we were at sea), it waved. I tried it two days, figuring that the first time was a fluke. It wasn't.

Also on the Regal, we had sea-day free lectures conducted by a financial expert. They were great. I know not everyone is interested in insurance, retirement planning, etc., but the lectures were well-attended, helpful and useful.

As for the promenade like that on the Explorer of the Seas, I wasn't impressed. I thought it was a huge waste of space except if the weather outside was bad. Who wants to be in a mall when it's sunny and warm? I sure don't!

[quote name='Pam in MA']Michael... I didn't see a dedicated movie theater on the Regal. The only place we saw movies, other than in-cabin, were in a theater but the screen was drop-down and was some sort of netting. The picture on the screen looked like it was underwater -- really awful -- and every time the ship moved (and we were at sea), it waved. I tried it two days, figuring that the first time was a fluke. It wasn't.

Also on the Regal, we had sea-day free lectures conducted by a financial expert. They were great. I know not everyone is interested in insurance, retirement planning, etc., but the lectures were well-attended, helpful and useful.

As for the promenade like that on the Explorer of the Seas, I wasn't impressed. I thought it was a huge waste of space except if the weather outside was bad. Who wants to be in a mall when it's sunny and warm? I sure don't![/QUOTE]
[color=black][b]My problem with the voyager class promenade is that it is nearly all the public space in one place making for very bad flow and a default more crowded feel.[/b][/color]

A real piano bar (like the one on the Regal/Crown), not shoved in a corner of the atrium where people are milling about. One thing I loved about the S class ships of HAL was the piano bars that you could cozy right up to the piano with a cocktail. Happy hours would be great....on occasion I remember some happy hours in the Wheelhouse, when they did those, (2 for 1) the place was PACKED!! And yes, food in bars!

I would [FONT=Impact][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]dearly[/COLOR][/FONT] love to see Starbuck's coffee as another choice on the ships, and another revenue source for Princess. I would have loved to have my Mocha Frappuccino on the Caribbean Princess this spring! :D

I'd also love to see in-room DVD players in all cabins. Hey, they're so affordable nowadays. They could have DVD rentals, but I'd also maybe bring one or two of my own just for the fun of it.

I also would think a "hammock" bar would be fun, but not just with hammocks, but with tables with some shade to sit at out and about the pool decks amongst the thousands of loungers. Hum, on second thought, maybe the windy conditions would prohibit this? :o

Oooh... hammocks & a swim-up bar!!!!

Also would like some sort of "drink-card" like the soda card. I'd much rather just pay a blanket rate and not worry about each drink -- make it more all-inclusive. I'd probably end up drinking less because I wouldn't worry about it as much.

Wouldn't it be nice if the onboard photographer(s) gave you a slip with some kind of identifier on it every time they took your picture and then you could review pictures with that identifier on the TV screen in your cabin?
[probably requires them to use high-quality digital cameras vs. using film]

And...you could order your picture right there on the TV, have them billed to your onboard account; they would then be printed and delivered to your cabin maybe sometime the next day?

Not only would this save all that wasted photographic paper but I bet it would be a lot easier to find your pictures on a ship where there are 3,000 other passengers!

For newer ships that are "wired", this really seems like it would be a technologically feasible and cost effective approach.

[font=Arial Black][color=blue]Steve--your next time on the Diamond, maybe you could convince them to turn the Wake View Bar underneath Club Fusion into a poker room or something else. I walked through it a few times and it was always deserted--a totally wasted space (unless it got busy after 9:00PM, the latest I saw it).[/color][/font]

[font=Arial Black][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][color=blue]Les[/color][/font]

[b][color=black]We held a CC meet and greet there, we called for a bartender about 4 times, they couldn't even bother to sell drinks there. Oh, and by the way, no view of the wake.[/color][/b]

Archived