Vera Wang at Kohls/ Libertine at Target

Soxfan05

Has anyone seen these collections or bought anything from them? I'm curious about quality and price.

I was in a Kohls store yesterday and breezed by the V.W. display. It has a very "boutique" feel to it and of course has a premium spot on the floor. Black shutters separated the displays from the other merchandise on the floor. Unfortunately, I was on a mission to buy a new coffee maker (imagine the horror- the first day of school and my coffee pot dies on me :eek: ) and didn't have time to stop but what I saw looked very nice. I saw a cute dress on display that I might have to go back and check out. Lots of black, dusty plum and blue tones in the collection.

I only got a quick look at the Libertine at Target but I saw some pieces in navy and white. They were young and fresh with a nautical feel to them. I'm thinking they may have been in the store for some time because they seemed out of season.

I don't like the baggy shirt style that is "in" right now, so I didn't care too much for the current VW collection at Kohl's, but hopefully as the fashions change I will be able to buy something from it. I was excited to see it!

I went to Kohl's today to specifically look at the VW collection - Thank you ccboard for tipping me off. I bought a really cute blue/black bubble skirt. Didn't care for what they paired it up with (lavendar smock with black bolaro jacket). I took it over to Dress Barn and got a black top with sort of a cowlneck mock bolaro collar with a really wide belt that they showed me how to turn into a sort of bow. Bought the VW ballet flats in graphite. Finished it all off with the graphic necklace/bracelet/earring set from Dress Barn. Wore it to an Art opening reception. I looked fabulous! Our Kohl's was sort of picked over. There was a very attractive black & purple dress. I'm going to have to try another Kohl's. The VW line is pricey (skirt was $98), but it was good quality and sort of different, so I thought it warranted the price. I think the shoes were $69. I used my 15% coupon so I felt I did good!

Checked Target, but we didn't have the new line there. Still has the Isaac ? line.

• 2 weeks later...

Checked Target, but we didn't have the new line there. Still has the Isaac ? line.

Isaac Mizrahi always has stuff at Target--he's not a capsule designer for them anymore. Libertine is the most recent group to design for the GO collection at Target (the GO collection changes every couple of months).

I purchased a pair of libertine shorts (green with embroidered blue whales and skulls) and a bucket hat (navy with embroidered red whales and skulls) from target. The shorts ran a bit big (i got the next smaller size and they fit perfectly) but they are absolutely adorable. They weren't too short or too long.

I wasn't a big fan of the skirts in person, but thats my personal opinion.

I almost got the duffle bag... but couldn't see using it that often!

Good luck!

I work in womans clothing and went to Check out the VW stuff again today, I don't like it. It is not special for the price, there is not a good color selection (purple, black and grey) and the quality is not great either.

I'm with you. I finally got around to checking out VW today at Kohl's and I had the same thoughts. It just did not do anything for me.

Happy cruising

I watched Ophrah last week and she had Vera Wang on with her new line. Looks like there is going to be a lot more that will be coming out. Maybe they will bring a few new things out each month. A lot of it is in the dark colors. VW says that she does a lot in black because that is the most flattering for most women. I love the bubble skirt that I bought, but I agree that the tops were shapeless. I bought a much better top at Dress Barn. VW did show things with lots of layers and usually with belts. And, of course, with all the extra layers comes lots of extra costs! For me, I am not an accessorizor, so 1 or 2 pieces if plenty for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:) I was in Kohl's yesterday:)

I was looking at the Vera Collection and thought some of the items

were very nice. Some were not for me but other things I would wear

easily.

She has some sweaters, (pullovers and cardigans) that I thought

were very pretty!

I didn't purchase anything from her line but really liked the cardigans!

And she had a very pretty purple shade of a short sleeved pullover.

It feels like cashmere....but of course is not;) but a soft, soft blend.

Had a nice collar (Johnny collar maybe?) with 4 buttons down the

neckline....in a jeweled button.

Again, I thought some of her collection was quite nice:)

Archived