New to Cruise Critic

crusin fools

Hi everyone, I am new to cruise critic and want to ask a simple question..I feel kind of foolish but I will ask anyway...In reading your reviews I notice that you refer to you spouse as DH or DW...now I can guess what the second letter stands for but what does the first one ... the "D" stand for? Dearest, Darling, Devoted...:confused:

Hi everyone, I am new to cruise critic and want to ask a simple question..I feel kind of foolish but I will ask anyway...In reading your reviews I notice that you refer to you spouse as DH or DW...now I can guess what the second letter stands for but what does the first one ... the "D" stand for? Dearest, Darling, Devoted...:confused:

Dreadful?

Drunk?

Disorderly?

Dumped?

Dopey?

Who knows......

Matthew

Thank you everyone for you response ...now I have a few more questions..how do you get those wonderful pictures near you name and how do you add your cruises at the bottom of you response?:o :confused: Pleae bear with me as I am not that computer literate either:eek:

Thank you everyone for you response ...now I have a few more questions..how do you get those wonderful pictures near you name and how do you add your cruises at the bottom of you response?:o :confused: Pleae bear with me as I am not that computer literate either:eek:

Look up at the top and click on FAQ, then do what I did when I first came here-start reading!! :) there are tons of questions there that others have asked, and you may find the answer you are looking for. I will also share something with you that I didn't know about when I started posting here-to find the threads here that you either started or replied to, click on the User CP up at the top and it will have a list of all the threads you posted to.

Up top there is a section USER CP

if you go there you can do lots of stuff like edit your avatar (the little pic by your name---some people use the ones there, others use a photo they took (mine's a towel animal) and posted [i did it-no clue how i did-but i'm not good with sending/posting pix and i was able to figure out how to do it, so i am sure you can too!!! )

if you go to 'edit signature' that's how you get all that stuff like the countdown clock and all. ALthough, there is a section 'countdown clocks' up top too......[both USER CP and COUNTDOWN CLOCKS are in that peachish-pinkish colored section]

hth (hope that helps)

Welcome and yes, you are right, the D normally stands for dear, but you can make it stand for anything you want, even damn I guess?

You will see lots of this SIL, son in law, LOL, etc.

Nita

Welcome and yes, you are right, the D normally stands for dear, but you can make it stand for anything you want, even damn I guess?

You will see lots of this SIL, son in law, LOL, etc.

Nita

I have a very interesting story of what happened to me when i first got on AOL years ago, and it is related to this topic. Now if i can tell it without the post getting pulled:D-A woman on a messageboard had asked what DH means and a woman replied that SHE sometimes think that DH means "a D word rhyming with Rick" head, only she had a "D" and --- after it. I replied to the post and did the LOL thing, which i had recently learned. Later i was notified that the post was pulled because it contained an implied bad word. I was confused, and told my then husband, what is wrong with her calling her husband a DORKhead?? He just looked at me and said, "I don't think she was saying DORK"! It took me a few more seconds to "get it" :D :o :o

I have a very interesting story of what happened to me when i first got on AOL years ago, and it is related to this topic. Now if i can tell it without the post getting pulled:D-A woman on a messageboard had asked what DH means and a woman replied that SHE sometimes think that DH means "a D word rhyming with Rick" head, only she had a "D" and --- after it. I replied to the post and did the LOL thing, which i had recently learned. Later i was notified that the post was pulled because it contained an implied bad word. I was confused, and told my then husband, what is wrong with her calling her husband a DORKhead?? He just looked at me and said, "I don't think she was saying DORK"! It took me a few more seconds to "get it" :D :o :o

Now you have me LOL!!

This just shows you are a sweet southern gal that doesn't have a dirty mind. LOL

Now you have me LOL!!

Or ROTFLMAO! (for OP -- Original Poster -- this means "rolling on the floor, laughing my (figure it out) off!") That is a very funny story!

Mines,

I have actually seen IMAO sometimes (In My Arrogant Opinion) :D instead of IMHO. Some do JMHO (Just MHO).

Some of the abbreviations are usual text messaging/emailing ones, like BTW (by the way), but some I've not seen except on CC (Cruise Critic), such as HM (Hotel Manager). They may be used elsewhere, but I just haven't encountered them.

Dave

Archived