R731 Star Review...what a hoot !

SouthAussie100

I too would like to thank you for such a detailed and amusing account of your cruise. Thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish.:)

Enjoy your next trip away - probably gaurenteed that the bed won't rock and roll to much, unless you want it to....if you know what I mean. ;) :p

Thanks Margot,

I do tend to rant on a bit when I get going :o

We're looking forward to the Thailand holiday - just got to get over the flight there......god what a whinge....and there's bound to be air turbulence !! :eek: OK OK OK....shutting up about the bloody turbulence now !! :D

You could always just have pizza that night. They make good pizza and it is fairly cheap.

We did that when we wanted to watch the sailaway from Vila and it worked out well. We stayed up on deck and got to watch the market people pack up and fit more stuff in their boats than we thought possible. Tables balanced on top of chairs, balanced on top of boxes. Precariously high. Unbelievable. :eek:

Then we went and had pizza, garlic bread and a bottle of wine. It was great.

Thanks Brushtail! Hey if it was just me and the hubby we'd happily eat Pizza or at the steakplace or in Noumea. But we have little kids and grandparents in tow...

Vila sailaway sounds fun! Might have to skip dinner that night too! :D

Hi Aegpeg,

The LePetite train did go ahead. We saw them loading people on when we got on our coach.

cheers

ness

Really? Maybe they just drive it a bit faster!! Well that is good to know - thanks heaps!!

Might ring P&O now and book it!

Thanks for the review. It was great to read about the same cruise we are doing! I'm hoping for calmer seas in a month!! Have fun in Thailand - we're off there for New Years!

Vanessa, you'll be swapping no sleep due to the rocking, for no sleep due to the bloody hard mattresses and heat in Thailand!! Most hotels/resorts have great all you can eat buffet breakfasts though so you wont miss out there!!

Have a great time:) We did 4 weeks in May, Samui, Koh Tao, Phuket, Kanchanaburi and Bankok:p

Chez

xx

We're looking forward to the Thailand holiday - just got to get over the flight there......god what a whinge....and there's bound to be air turbulence !! :eek: OK OK OK....shutting up about the bloody turbulence now !! :D

howdy- I'll share my plane flight "mantra" for air turbulence with you....

when air turbulence strikes repeat this saying as often as necesary: "no plane ever crashed from hitting a cloud...no plane ever crashed from hitting a cloud....":D

....it works for me!:rolleyes: (plus my little pink xanax also helps a bit I think:o )

Vanessa, you'll be swapping no sleep due to the rocking, for no sleep due to the bloody hard mattresses and heat in Thailand!! Most hotels/resorts have great all you can eat buffet breakfasts though so you wont miss out there!!

Have a great time:) We did 4 weeks in May, Samui, Koh Tao, Phuket, Kanchanaburi and Bankok:p

Chez

xx

yep, we're looking forward to it. We were there in 2004 just before the Tsunami. Stayed in Patong for 10 nights at the Novotel. Absolutely loved it. We're doing the Ankor Wat tour in Cambodia for 4 days. We work with around 100 Cambodian people and they are very excited about our visit.

cheers

ness

yep, we're looking forward to it. We were there in 2004 just before the Tsunami. Stayed in Patong for 10 nights at the Novotel. Absolutely loved it. We're doing the Ankor Wat tour in Cambodia for 4 days. We work with around 100 Cambodian people and they are very excited about our visit.

cheers

ness

Then you would know about the hard mattresses:p although we didnt stay in 4-5 star hotels, probably why:rolleyes: hehe

Would love to do Cambodia, you will have to let us know all about it when you come back, please:)

Chez

xx

LOL - have to agree about the rock hard mattresses in Thailand! We were at a 3 star hotel in Bangkok, and my hubby actually looked under the mattress to see if there was something wrong with the bed! Then when we got to Phuket and stayed in a 4-star hotel it was the same... you do get used to it after about a week! And the buffet breakfasts definitely go a long way towards making up for it.

howdy- I'll share my plane flight "mantra" for air turbulence with you....

when air turbulence strikes repeat this saying as often as necesary: "no plane ever crashed from hitting a cloud...no plane ever crashed from hitting a cloud....":D

....it works for me!:rolleyes: (plus my little pink xanax also helps a bit I think:o )

thanks Carlz !

I'll try your mantra....of course....you never know what's IN the cloud !:confused:

yep...medication is probably a good option :D

ness

Absolutely ! and yes, confirmed 'suite snob' :D

ness

Hi Vanessa

Me too!!! After our April cruise on the star, loved everything about the suite. Definately would do the 'suite' thing again!!! Have absolutely loved reading your review, felt like I was right there back on the star with you!!

cheers and thanks!!

Karen;)

Where DO you find these things Geoff:rolleyes:

Karen

Search for redneck on the net and you can find lots of interesting stuff!

Entertainment manager - is that a nice way of saying class clown?

There is a whole stack of those incompatible wedding surnames. If anyone here wants the whole articles send an email to: welove2cruiseataaptdotnetdotau

Cheers

Geoff

...There is a whole stack of those incompatible wedding surnames.

Cheers

Geoff

My married surname could come under that heading. It's McCarren.

Yeh, go on everybody....have a laugh.

Email coming your way Geoff.

Karen

My married surname could come under that heading. It's McCarren.

Yeh, go on everybody....have a laugh.

Email coming your way Geoff.

Karen

I'm not laughing.

My maiden name was McCracken!

Go on with your Phil McCracken jokes everyone - but i've heard them all before hahaha!

Geez i'm glad I married a 'Baas' hahahaha:D :D

I'm not laughing.

My maiden name was McCracken!

Go on with your Phil McCracken jokes everyone - but i've heard them all before hahaha!

Geez i'm glad I married a 'Baas' hahahaha:D :D

Can be much worse than that Jo. Here is another that I found

2001321173778404232_rs.jpg

Cheers

Archived