RSSC Voyager condition?

40cub

My husband and I are planning our first RSSC trip on Voyager in 8/08 to St. Petersburg. I had read on some of the reviews that the Voyager is showing some wear and that a few folks were disappointed that she is not being kept up well (ie: carpet and furniture stains, chips on woodwork). I would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has been on her recently to see if this is true. I was under the impression that Voyager was one of the newer, shinier examples of the RSSC fleet. For the amount we will be spending on this trip I don't want to be disappointed!

I went on a Baltic cruise on the Voyager in July, and it was a fantastic experience. The ship was only a few years old (I think about 4 years) and there was no evidence of any wear and tear at all. My balcony suite was spacious, compared to many other cruise lines, very nicely decorated and kept immaculately clean. The public area anbd restaurants were also splendid in its decor and upkeeping. It's certainly more expensive than a number of cruise lines, as it's considered as a luxurious cruise. But with its new all-inclusive policy (alcohol and drinks all included), I think it is worth the cost.:)

We've cruised on the Seven Seas Mariner, Voyager and Navigator. We have never found any of these ships to be shabby in the least. Occasionally, there are small stains on upholstery and carpets -- just as there are on any ship. It isn't reasonable to expect that someone might spill a glass of wine one day and that the carpeting or uphostery will be replaced in an instant while at sea.

I sailed her in June of 2006, and I thought she was great, but a few people complained after that about stained carpets. After that, she had a soft refit I believe, with all new soft goods--carpets, bedding, drapes.

She was built, not bought. I'll be on her again in 3 months, and I fully expect her to be tip-top. I can't imagine a Regent ship being shabby.

We will be on the 8/2/08 Baltic cruise--which one are you on?

We were on the Voyager in June--she is in tip-top shape, nothing shabby at all. Crew always seen cleaning and polishing in the halls, common rooms are beautiful and well kept and cabins are the best. Can't wait for Aug 08.

Voyager was purpose built for Radisson/Regent and began service in March 2003. In Dec 2006 she had new softgoods installed for the new Regent image. We have been on 16 cruises with Radisson/Regent and never found any of their ships to be "shabby". Always a wonderful experience. Enjoy!!

I would so much appreciate your observations upon your return if possible! The feedback seems so positive, but as a fellow first time RSSC cruiser your input would be all the more valuable. I look forward to hearing from you ~

You are right! Newbies to RSSC. We did Seabourn in the Med which we found to be too stuffy for our taste, and Windstar which is a totally different experience, but we did enjoy it (although the food could have been better). Any more specific feedback you may wish to pass along would be appreciated!

We shall also be on the Baltic cruise on August 2nd of 2008! Do you plan to do the ship's excursions in St. Petersburg, or will you plan an independent tour? What is your experience with RSSC's guides? We were thinking of using a private guide, particularly for the Hermitage, Catherine's palace etc.

I wish more people would post reviews. The last Voyager review is from January.

I'm wondering if singles get invited to officers' tables or if it best to just ask to be seated with others.

I booked an ROS category and got cabin 708, which is forward on the port side. Will I like that cabin?

I'm doing Western Med, and I have booked a few wine and food type excursions and will go FIT the rest of the port intensive trip.

I can't wait for my first Regent trip and expect it to be an experience of a lifetime.

We'll be taking our first Regent Cruise on 11/19/07. It's on the Voyager and is an 11 night Caribbean itinerary. We've sailed on several of the mega ships and are really excited to try something more upscale. I too wish there were more reviews, it would be fun to get a hint of what to really expect. I do enjoy reading everyone's comments on this board.

Debbie, someone told me recently that singles are more likely to be invited to officers' tables. From my own experience, I think there might be some truth in that. You'll know well ahead of time--the invitation is usually put in your cabin the day before. Otherwise, every time I've sailed solo, the first couple of nights I've just asked the maitre d' to put me at a large table with fun people. After that, it tends to take care of itself.

We were on the Mariner for the first time last March after years of sailing the Mega ships and we were so happy that we booked another Regent cruise while on board.

Between the food, wine, service and lack of lines and chair hogs on the Mariner, we will never go back to the mainstream cruise lines.

I recently sailed on the Voyager to Norway. Maybe I'm easily pleased but I feel anyone who could find something to complain about, must have very little else to do. The suite was kept absolutely spotless with a possible exception of the carpet which had an 'accident' on the previous sailing.

This was my third cruise with RSSC, the second on Voyager and I booked on board for one next year. I have no desire to try another line - it's hard to go backwards! I have a friend who is soon to sail on "Rhapsody of the Seas" and when I checked out her cabin, it's half the size of a basic Voyager suite. As far as the 'all inclusive' is concerned, it didn't make a lot of difference to me as I'm not a heavy drinker but I did enjoy having a cocktail (or two) when watching the shows and had the weather been better, I could imagine myself lounging around on the pool deck at lunch time, drink in hand!

We'll be taking our first Regent Cruise on 11/19/07. It's on the Voyager and is an 11 night Caribbean itinerary. We've sailed on several of the mega ships and are really excited to try something more upscale. I too wish there were more reviews, it would be fun to get a hint of what to really expect. I do enjoy reading everyone's comments on this board.

I would love to know your impressions upon your return!

I booked an ROS category and got cabin 708, which is forward on the port side. Will I like that cabin?

In my opinion, there is no bad cabin on the Voyager. They are all huge and well laid out. We all have our preferences, but if push came to shove, I would happily accept any of the Voyager's accomodations.

We shall also be on the Baltic cruise on August 2nd of 2008! Do you plan to do the ship's excursions in St. Petersburg, or will you plan an independent tour? What is your experience with RSSC's guides? We were thinking of using a private guide, particularly for the Hermitage, Catherine's palace etc.

Usually we do our own thing, but in this instance, I think we are going to just do the ship's excursions. For one thing, it is hard to justify buying a visa for all three of us--they are pretty expensive. My partner was on this cruise this year, and he was very pleased with the ship's excursions.

Archived