I wish I could kill my spouse/s.o. for wearing...

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

On my last cruise, hubby thought he'd be cute and try to get away with packing all black GYMSHOES and wearing them with any dress outfits! Oh the horror! :) You could clearly tell they were gymshoes, especially with the reflective silver streak on each on them. He assured me no one would notice but I certainly did! He did whine the whole last trip that, "his dogs were barking!" I read the one post and laughed about packing for your hubby but I may just have to "supervise" from now on.

On my last cruise, hubby thought he'd be cute and try to get away with packing all black GYMSHOES and wearing them with any dress outfits! Oh the horror! :) You could clearly tell they were gymshoes, especially with the reflective silver streak on each on them. He assured me no one would notice but I certainly did! He did whine the whole last trip that, "his dogs were barking!" I read the one post and laughed about packing for your hubby but I may just have to "supervise" from now on.

Well just walk a few steps ahead of him and no one will know he is with you.

Annieeee

Both of these had me really laughing thinking about what happened on a cruise with friends. The husband had rented a tux on the ship, thought the shoes were the most comfortable shoes he had ever worn and insisted on wearing them EVERYWHERE. His wife walked a few steps ahead of him when they were out sightseeing so no one would think he was with her.:D

You know I could never get on John for anything....wink.wink.

But I do bust his cha-chas for not knowing how to tie a bow tie. It's the same thing everytime on formal nights "BOO BOO... can you do this for me!!!!", and then I tie the tie for him. I've tried to teach him, but I guess its just one of those things!!!

MEN!!! can't live with 'em can't live without 'em.:D

Dave:eek:

I stopped dating guys in more "creative" fields after the guy who wore a '70's short-sleeve white polyester shirt, maroon/grey/white argyle vest, and a multi-strand Indian choker (turquoise, red, silver and off-white). I'm not sure if that was with grey dress slacks, black sweatsocks and shoes, or black jeans and sneakers (had to buy him dress socks later! Oh, and a decent dress shirt that wasn't stained.). I hadn't realized at that point that his female roommate had been re-dressing him every time he went out with me! You married ladies at least have had some time to work on them...hopefully while they were still young enough to "mold" a bit!

(You worked things out well, BlueHerons!)

I didn't get to edit in time so...

P.S. I forgot to mention the ever-present black leather fanny-pack with that outfit!!! But don't worry, I learned my lesson! I quickly ditched the engineer I dated a couple of times for wearing a sweatshirt that I was more interested in stitching up than ripping off! (Plus, he is an occasional fanny-pack wearer!! :eek: ). So much for the less-creative types!!!

Two years ago my DS, then 19, was meeting my DD and I in Hawaii to take off on a 13-day cruise, my kids' first one. I reminded him to bring his suit and a couple ties. The kid likes to dress up anyway so he was happy for the excuse. But he really threw me for a loop when the only shoes he brought were sandals and a pair of red sneakers that were at least new, and made of kind of a brush suede. And that's what he'd planned to wear with his black suit. I can't tell you how many compliments he got from older ladies about how much they loved that look - go figure!

My husband's wardrobe is foolproof.

I've picked out and bought every single item in it.

His tailor even calls me first.

I've bought most of the things that are in my husband's wardrobe too (we've been together long enough that most pre-me clothing is gone) but that doesn't mean he can match it on his own:rolleyes: He is getting better than he used to be:p

I've bought most of the things that are in my husband's wardrobe too (we've been together long enough that most pre-me clothing is gone) but that doesn't mean he can match it on his own:rolleyes: He is getting better than he used to be:p

I think they should make "Garanimals" for men. Then we could just tell them - if you're going to wear the monkey suit, you need to pick out a monkey shirt and a monkey tie!

I think they should make "Garanimals" for men. Then we could just tell them - if you're going to wear the monkey suit, you need to pick out a monkey shirt and a monkey tie!

So true! I had a boyfriend ages ago who blamed his inability to match on being color blind. I countered with "you don't need to know what color it is to know that PAISLEY and TIE-DIE don't match"

My DH wears white socks!:eek: I mean he wears them with everything....black slacks, black shoes and his white socks....I CAN'T get him to see the error of his ways. <sigh>

I know I'm late on this, but HAD to respond.

Kitty, when my son was recently married, DH wore a tux. I bought him some nice black socks to go with it. HOWEVER......During the ceremony when I looked down at his feet he had on his old white athletic socks:eek: :eek: I asked him where his new socks were - said he wore them to work and coulnd't find them. He's a drywall contractor! He wore the newblack socks to texture drywall.:confused:

My husband's wardrobe is foolproof.

I've picked out and bought every single item in it.

His tailor even calls me first.

Same here.

And he'd never want to wear sneakers anyplace other than the gym, no matter what color they were.

So true! I had a boyfriend ages ago who blamed his inability to match on being color blind. I countered with "you don't need to know what color it is to know that PAISLEY and TIE-DIE don't match"

Give him a break.

My DH is red-green and brown-green color blind.

When I met him, he would mix different prints, plaids, polka-dots, and tie dyes in his outfits.

I would cringe but didn't say anything. I just start making gentle suggestions on what matched. After we were married, I asked him about some of the more outrageous pairings he would wear.

He said because he couldn't see color, he concentrated on patterns and picked out items he thought would coordinate or contrast in an interesting way.

Perhaps in his way of seeing, the paisley and swirl of the tie dye did match.

I read the above to my husband, and he agreed, they should make something like this for men..He'd wear them!

....get yourself a tee shirt that has an arrow and the phrase ......."I'm with Stupid".......and tell him you will wear it when he wears those shoes.....:D

This makes me think of many years ago. My parents weren't speaking. My father walked out the door to go to work. I can still picture my mother sitting at the kitchen table. She yelled, "Somebody stop him. He can't go to work like that."

He had on plaids and stripes. More than one of each.:D

This makes me think of many years ago. My parents weren't speaking. My father walked out the door to go to work. I can still picture my mother sitting at the kitchen table. She yelled, "Somebody stop him. He can't go to work like that."

He had on plaids and stripes. More than one of each.:D

LOL! Yes, definitely the 'start a new arguement to get out of the last one' theory!

Archived