Complaint of the Week #21

Philip217

We have a very creative group sailing with us this week.

So far we have a three-way tie for winning comments:

1. "The hypnotist show was awful. He humiliated people and was most offensive. I doubt if anyone from the audience was really hypnotized. Some people just go over the top and were obviously acting."

2. "Too many choices of food in the buffet."

3. "Your cruise line should require people to do their homework prior to leaving home."

We have a very creative group sailing with us this week.

So far we have a three-way tie for winning comments:

1. "The hypnotist show was awful. He humiliated people and was most offensive. I doubt if anyone from the audience was really hypnotized. Some people just go over the top and were obviously acting."

2. "Too many choices of food in the buffet."

3. "Your cruise line should require people to do their homework prior to leaving home."

Number 4 should have been, "if I am going to find anything and everything wrong while on a great vacation, I better go find a rock and crawl under it"

Phil thanks for sharing - I always am amazed at what folks put on their comment cards - me? I would just be thrilled at the idea of getting away, being treated like a queen bee and eating all there is, but most of all enjoying other parts of the world. Oh well can not please everyone.

Hope this week is better

Always

Shirley

actually #3 was pretty darn smart! :)

I think a lot of disappointment could be avoided if people "did their homework" b/f cruising.

Wonder if the writer meant - other people should do their homework so they would not complain - or if the writer wished he/she had done more homework?

I vote for assigned reading for all cruisers b/f they step a foot on any ship!!!!

Thanks, Philip!

Tooo much choice. "OH NO"

The reason I'm taking my mum on a cruise as opposed to a land based holiday is that she can never make a decision.

I took her to Phuket for he 70th and she couldn't decide where to eat, what to eat. I thought I was doing her a favour by letting her choose.

On a cruise you eat at a set time (no decision to make). I guess we'll have to avoid the buffet. LOL

At least in the dining room I'll be sitting down while she decides.

2 days to go. Yeeehah

These things are sort of funny, but they also remind me of why I'm an accountant sitting at a desk instead of dealing with people in a hospitality industry.:eek:

You made me laugh because my son is an accountant in the hospitality industry!:D Can he tell some stories or what! I bet you can imagine how bad it is though.

I don't believe people can be hypnotised either. I took hypnosis to lose weight and I was always aware of what was going on. Perhaps I just can't be hypnotised. I'm a very controling person.

I love these reports, keep them coming. :D

I don't believe people can be hypnotised either. I took hypnosis to lose weight and I was always aware of what was going on. Perhaps I just can't be hypnotised. I'm a very controling person.

I love these reports, keep them coming. :D

I wonder about hypnosis myself. I work with an agency that assists people with disabilities in starting micro-enterprises. One lady wanted to start a hypno-therapy practice. And yes, you can become certified to do this.

Her business plan listed the problems hypnosis could help with; among them were depression, shyness, and low self-esteem. Problem was, this person described herself as having issues with depression, shyness and low self-esteem. When I asked why she didn’t see a hyno-therapist about the problems she said it would work for her.:confused:

Philip217, Your thread, as usual is most entertaining, thank you again for posting :)

#1 Rarely have I seen a show onboard a cruise ship that I thought was fantastic, but they are always entertaining, in one way or another. A hypnotist I haven't seen, but I'm skeptical of anything like it. It would be fun to watch, though, I think the complainer was counting too much on reality.

#2 Written by one of those people that state they gained 10 lbs. on a 7 night cruise and is having regrets :confused: :rolleyes:

#3 That will never, ever happen. Just look at this board, probably the largest membership around, it has less than 300 thousand members. What is the number of cruisers year round, somewhere around 30 million? While some of us are obsessed with every little detail, most people barely even look at the cruise contract.

I can't tell you how many times I've overheard conversations on cruise ships with people giving each other totally wrong information. Since they resent or don't believe the truth, I don't correct them.

As far as #1 goes, when I was on the Carnival Miracle I was one of those people that were acting like fools up on that stage. Believe me I would NOT have done that normally. I went up because I didn't believe it either but man - my face is still red when I think of some of the things that dude has us doing.

And perhaps it was humiliating after all. But WHO was the fool that darned near knocked everyone into kingdom come to get to that stage??? :p Yep - I asked for it and he delivered! haha Next time I'll be happy to be in the audience watching someone else.

Archived