3 To Choose From And Can Only Pick One. Help!

hndmn4wf

Can only go on one of these but don't know which one to pick and can't ask the wife (surprise for her).

I know you can't pick for me but if it was you going which cruise would you like.

I have put them in order of least expensive cruise with bettercabins/location to most expensive cruise as well as the airfare would be very expensive for the last one compared to the other 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for taking the time to help an old geeser out.:D

14 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise

12-Sep Vancouver, British Columbia 5:00 PM

13-Sep Inside Passage (Cruising) Cruising

14-Sep Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 AM 4:00 PMDocked

15-Sep Juneau, Alaska 8:00 AM 8:00 PMDocke

16-Sep Skagway, Alaska 7:00 AM 8:30 PMDocke

17-Sep Hubbard Glacier (Cruising) 11:00 AM 4:00 PMCruising

18-Sep Icy Strait Point, Alaska 7:00 AM 5:00 PMTendered

19-Sep Sitka, Alaska 7:00 AM 2:00 PMTendered

20-Sep Inside Passage (Cruising) Cruising

21-Sep Seattle, Washington 7:00 AM 4:00 PMDocked

22-Sep Astoria, Oregon 9:00 AM 5:00 PMDocked23-SepCruising Cruising

24-Sep San Francisco, California 6:30 AM 11:30 PMDocked

25-Sep Cruising Cruising

26-Sep San Diego, California 7:00 AM

15 Night Hawaii Circle Cruise

03-OctLos Angeles, California 5:00 PM

04-Oct Cruising Cruising

05-Oct Cruising Cruising

06-Oct Cruising Cruising

07-Oct Cruising Cruising

08-Oct Kailua Kona, Hawaii 9:00 AM 7:00 PMTendered

09-Oct Hilo, Hawaii 8:00 AM 5:00 PMDocked

10-Oct Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii 7:00 AM Tendered

11-Oct Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii11:00 PMTendered

12-Oct Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii 7:00 AM Docked

13-Oct Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii 1:00 AMDocked

14-Oct Cruising Cruising

15-Oct Cruising Cruising

16-Oct Cruising Cruising

17-Oct Ensenada, Mexico 9:00 PM 10:00 PMDocked

18-Oct Los Angeles, California 7:00 AM

14 Night Mediterranean Treasures Cruise

20-Sep Southampton, England 5:00 PM

21-Sep Cruising Cruising

22-Sep Cruising Cruising

23-Sep Gibraltar, United Kingdom 9:00 AM 4:00 PMDocked

24-Sep Barcelona, Spain 7:00 PM Docked

25-Sep Barcelona, Spain 5:00 PMDocked

26-Sep Villefranche (Nice), France 8:30 AM 8:00 PMTendered

27-Sep Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy 7:00 AM 7:00 PMDocked

28-Sep Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy 12:00 PM 7:00 PMDocked

29-Sep Cruising Cruising

30-Sep Malaga, Spain 7:00 AM 4:00 PMDocked

01-Oct Lisbon, Portugal 12:00 PM 6:00 PMDocked

02-Oct Vigo, Spain 10:00 AM 5:00 PMDocked

03-Oct Cruising Cruising

04-Oct Southampton, England 5:15 AM

Having just spent a month in Alaska, I'd pick that cruise hands down. The itinerary is excellent, and the Radiance folks do a good job. I just don't think you can go wrong in Alaska. Even if the weather is poor, you'll still see great things.

I've done a very similar Hawaii cruise, and I find it to be too many sea days, plus I don't like RCI's stops in Hawaii.

The Med cruise is very attractive, but, assuming you are from the US, our dollar gets us nowhere right now.

Have fun no matter where you go.

We must be on the same wave length. My husband and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary next year. I wanted Alaska- he was leaning towards Europe. Then we looked at what Europe would cost with airfare, hotel pre-cruise, excursions, etc. I am too cheap for that. So, we compromised and decided on Hawaii. What a wonderful compromise. We were looking at the Serenade on Oct 3rd, but then I realized that the Radiance on Oct 11th would do the evening sail around the volcano. I think that is the one we are going to do.

That is a fabulous decision to have to make- whatever you choose, you will have a great time!

I would pick the Med but the above poster was correct about the dollar and things being much more expensive right now.:(

I don't like alot of sea days either..will put up with them but it does get "old" after awhile.

If I had to choose it would be Alaska!!!

Have fun no matter what you choose.:)

What a sweet thing to do, your wife is a lucky woman!!

What does she like? Alaska is mainly a scenic cruise, where Hawaii while scenic is also beaches, sun, etc. And the Med is a more historic/cultural type cruise as that is what you will mainly see. Which do you think would appeal to her? Is she a beachy type of girl or would touring churches be more up her alley.

Frankly all three are wonderful. I just did Alaska this year and it was truly amazing. The pictures and TV shows do NOT do it justice, the reality is just breath taking. I have been to both Hawaii and all over Europe though not on cruises but I loved both areas. The Hawaiian cruise has a lot of sea days which she like those or would she be bored? On the flip side the Med cruise is very port intensive, very few sea days, would that wipe her/you both out? And most of the tours are very long days. Even though the Alaskan cruise is port intensive it is not as much traveling for the tours so it is not such a long day.

I know I may have confused you more but hopefully I gave you some things to think about!

Sue

how sweet...let's hope she doesn't read the boards...if the costs were closer i would probably do europe since i haven't been there yet...

hawaii is lovely but maybe too many sea days (although i wouldn't rule it out just for that reason) however, with the alaska cruise, even though it is more port intensive than hawaii...i would vote for that...alaska was beautiful and you have much more time to see the beauty....plus, you could always chill out for a day to 2 in san diego at the end for some warmth and sun..

so, i guess i would vote alaska (which is odd for me cause i really love the warm!)

Will it sounds like so far everyobody but 1 of you would choose Alaska.

Sue L you kinda hit it right on the nail when you mentioned the different things to do. That's why I' m having a problem deciding.

She said I would like to go to Alaska because of scenery, wildlife etc. and then sometimes I hear her say I'd like to set back and go to a cruise to nowhere and yes she is so much of a beach person, so there's where the Hawaii cruise came from and then she says I'd love to go somewhere romantic and so now I have Europe booked.

So now you can see why I'm so confused.

What's a guy to do!:rolleyes:

Anyway keep suggestions coming, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

I'll get it narrowed down someday!

Thanks again everyone so far for your help!:)

Will it sounds like so far everyobody but 1 of you would choose Alaska.

Sue L you kinda hit it right on the nail when you mentioned the different things to do. That's why I' m having a problem deciding.

She said I would like to go to Alaska because of scenery, wildlife etc. and then sometimes I hear her say I'd like to set back and go to a cruise to nowhere and yes she is so much of a beach person, so there's where the Hawaii cruise came from and then she says I'd love to go somewhere romantic and so now I have Europe booked.

So now you can see why I'm so confused.

What's a guy to do!:rolleyes:

Anyway keep suggestions coming, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

I'll get it narrowed down someday!

Thanks again everyone so far for your help!:)

I'm sure others will disagree with me, but when I say romantic, I don't think of a European cruise. A European cruise is history, site seeing, exploring, but I don't think romantic.

I'd go with either the Alaskan or Hawaii, but more likely the Alaskan. The cruise to Hawaii has too many sea days for me. Unless you look into a Hawaii combined with New Guinea/Tahiti.

I am one of the very few people who have no desire to cruise to Alaska. I hate the cold (I think 70 is cold) and though I am sure the scenery is beautiful, it doesn't interest me.

So the cruise I would prefer would be the Med. We sailed the Med on the Celebrity Millennium and it was, hands down, the most remarkable and wonderful cruise ever. Though I loved our Hawaiian cruise, there were a lot of sea days and I prefer port days.

I suggest you eliminate the Hawaii cruise from your list. The reason is that Kuaui is not on that itinerary and, in my opinion, it is the most beautiful of all. In fact I plan to do another Hawaii cruise if and when RCI includes that island on a future itinerary.

I suggest you eliminate the Hawaii cruise from your list. The reason is that Kuaui is not on that itinerary and, in my opinion, it is the most beautiful of all. In fact I plan to do another Hawaii cruise if and when RCI includes that island on a future itinerary.

I totally agree.

First pick the Med, we did the Med twice on the Mille, fantastic trip, second pick Hawaii, love the place and the sea days.

I have done Alaska 5 times and am tired of it.

You may have done Alaska 5 times, but his wife has not. You must have liked it well enough the first 4 times since you kept went to Alaska 5 times.

I vote for Alaska too. We were there this summer on the Radiance and had a wonderful time. It is port intensive but there is so much to see and the excursions are not really long. We did Hawaii as a land tour many years ago and it is beautiful but I don't think I would like to take a cruise there. The Med sounds wonderful and that would be my second choice. However since the dollar is not real strong I would stay inthe USA. As someone else said, no matter where you go you will have a wonderful time and your wife will be thrilled.

What a lovely surprise for your wife. We're just back from Alaska on the Radiance and enjoyed every minute. Did the 15 day Hawaii cruise last year (also on Radiance) and loved all those sea days to really relax. Can't speak for the Med, but being so port intensive and the value of the dollar would be make it my last choice right now.

Now if you really want to surprise her...Do the Alaska/Hawaii b2b :D or add the Panama Canal also for a b2b2b ;)

While a cruise in Europe sounds romantic - with the type of 'fast' tours you do on port days there is not a lot of rest and relax time. I would save this cruise for another time - maybe the dollar will rebound - the cost of things in Euro countries is expensive and seems to be getting worse.

Cruise to Hawaii has too many at seas for me but if you and DW are the type who like sea days that maybe the trip for you. You will get a feel for the islands and can take a land trip back to your favorites.

On the Alaska cruise don't forget the cost of excursions. Many of these are quite pricey - and you will want to do at least a couple of the expensive ones. So check out the prices and add those to your budget. This could make a difference in which cruise you pick.

I vote for this one:

15 Night Hawaii Circle Cruise

03-OctLos Angeles, California 5:00 PM

04-Oct Cruising Cruising

05-Oct Cruising Cruising

06-Oct Cruising Cruising

07-Oct Cruising Cruising

08-Oct Kailua Kona, Hawaii 9:00 AM 7:00 PMTendered

09-Oct Hilo, Hawaii 8:00 AM 5:00 PMDocked

10-Oct Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii 7:00 AM Tendered

11-Oct Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii11:00 PMTendered

12-Oct Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii 7:00 AM Docked

13-Oct Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii 1:00 AMDocked

14-Oct Cruising Cruising

15-Oct Cruising Cruising

16-Oct Cruising Cruising

17-Oct Ensenada, Mexico 9:00 PM 10:00 PMDocked

18-Oct Los Angeles, California 7:00 AM

I vote for the Hawaii cruise. Alaska is too cold. The Mediterranian is a history-filled area and a wonderful, dream vacation but for bang for the buck right now, Hawaii wins hands down.

I am biased. I have vistied Hawaii many times and it has to be one of my favorite places in the world. I never cruised there, but Hubby and I always thought wouldn't it be great to cruise there and not have to take a plane to each island.

I know port heavy cruises such as the Med cruise can be tiring, but you really wouldn't have to leave the ship at evry single port. Just pick and choose thsoe whose history or picturesque features interest you the most and rest on the ship the other port days.

Alsaka is so beautiful, but I get tired of snowy mountians after awhile. That is just my taste. Others get tired of palm trees and sunny beaches.

Those three cruises are a tough call. How to decide? Well, you can always work them off one year at a time.

For me, it a tough choice between the Alaska and the Mediterranean. There's probably a slight edge of Alaska over the Med though. The thing with the Med cruise being a surprise, you might be skipping a particular city that your wife really wants to see.

I would have to pick the Mediterranean after cruising there and it was fantastic. I'm not a cold weather person for a vacation and having lived in both Hawaii and Alaska I would still pick the mediterranean. I'm sure your wife will be happy with whatever one you pick and the for being so thoughtful.

Thanks again everybody for your imput. It still looks like I'm having a tough time deciding but keep the suggestions rolling in so that will help some more on my decision of what Surprise(:rolleyes: ) cruise to take her on.

I don't know if it makes a difference as to what ship I'm on when it comes to these sailings and some/most of you probably know which ones they are but I'll tell anyway.

14 night Ultimate Alaska is on the Radience OTS

(Which I know we'll be cold but we can bundle up real good and lots of pretty scenery, wildlife to see):D

15 night Hawaii is on the Serenade OTS

(lots of sea days so will diffently get some rest and not rushing around too much);)

14 night Mediterranean is on the Independence OTS

(lots of POC to go to, history and an even though not much sea days we'll still have an overnight in Barcelona):p

Of course I'm not worried about all that fancy new stuff on IOTS because it's nothing we'd wanna do.:eek:

Keep Rollin and Thanks again. :)

Thanks again everybody for your imput. It still looks like I'm having a tough time deciding but keep the suggestions rolling in so that will help some more on my decision of what Surprise(:rolleyes: ) cruise to take her on.

I don't know if it makes a difference as to what ship I'm on when it comes to these sailings and some/most of you probably know which ones they are but I'll tell anyway.

14 night Ultimate Alaska is on the Radience OTS

(Which I know we'll be cold but we can bundle up real good and lots of pretty scenery, wildlife to see):D

15 night Hawaii is on the Serenade OTS

(lots of sea days so will diffently get some rest and not rushing around too much);)

14 night Mediterranean is on the Independence OTS

(lots of POC to go to, history and an even though not much sea days we'll still have an overnight in Barcelona):p

Of course I'm not worried about all that fancy new stuff on IOTS because it's nothing we'd wanna do.:eek:

Keep Rollin and Thanks again. :)

Radiance and Serenade are sister ships so they are basically the same with different decor. I was just on the Serenade to Alaska in August and it is the perfect ship in my opinion. The ship has a huge amount of glass so you can see the magnificent views just from about anywhere on the ship. Not sure if I mentioned this or not, but click on the link in my signature for either Brilliance or Serenade (sister ships) for pictures.

Archived