Updates on Sovereign and Monarch (merged)

eroller

Gordon - why aren't you booked on our 6/21/09 yet? :) ;)

I'm still holding out to see when RCI is going to place the Genesis in service. I want to see her deck plans and itinerary before making any plans. The other thing is wanting to get over to Europe for a couple of weeks in either 09 or10. I want to do a few days pre cruise and then a twelve nighter.

Sigh, so many places I want to go and so little time to do it!!!!!!!:) :D

I'm still holding out to see when RCI is going to place the Genesis in service. I want to see her deck plans and itinerary before making any plans. The other thing is wanting to get over to Europe for a couple of weeks in either 09 or10. I want to do a few days pre cruise and then a twelve nighter.

Still using those tired excuses? ;)

But I do know how you feel. We have lots of time to get the things on the list done, but I still want to do them all NOW! :)

Which is it? More or less? :p

Well, there used to be two threads. One about the Monarch and one about the Sovereign. So the Monarch thread would be more, and the Sovereign thread would be less. However, now that they are combined, it is more or less.

PS - you really want to match wise guy wits with me? :rolleyes:

I have a feeling that the Monarch won't be around too much longer either.

The Monarch is a natural to go to a Spanish line. It has been sailing to Mexico for so long it is already fluent in Spanish (or at least Mexican).

You will have lots of options in Europe. In summer of 2008, RCI has Navigator, Voyager, Independence, Brilliance, Jewel, Splendor and Legand doing Europeon itineraries. During the last few conference calls, RCCL talked about the soft Caribbean market and the strength in Europe so I think in 09 or 10, you will probably have a hard decision on which ship to pick. Another conference call is scheduled for Oct. 222 which should give GENERAL insight into the company's thinking but probably won't tell us where Genesis is going or whether a replacement 7 day ship will be coming to Port Canaveral.

I called RCCL today to question (again) why I can not book the Monarch on the East Coast yet. I really think the lady I spoke with was wrong but she told me that the Monarch is now going out in December and will be in drydock for some time. I think she is wrong with the date but she may be correct on the drydock lasting longer but in 2008 verses 2007. I know they were suppose to stop cruises in October 2008 and then do a 16 day cruise and a week drydock but the lady I spoke to said they had decided to drydock the Monarch longer.

None of it makes much sense. RCCL can not tell me when I can book the Monarch on the East Coast. I know why my Sovereign was cancelled but I could not understand why RCCL was not taking reservations for the East Coast sailings of the Monarch that could replace my April 2009 Sovereign sailing. But with what the C&A lady told me it kind of make some kind of sense. I honestly do not think RCCL has made up their mind on what to do with the Monarch. Otherwise they would have the ship available for bookings for some type of time frame. Something is going on. Just not sure what is going on.

My cat just erased my post!

Anyway, as I was saying...

Maybe RCI has decided to do a full makeover ala Majesty - updating the interior of the ship, putting in flat screen TVs, etc., stuff that doesn't usually happen in drydock. There has long been talk that they would replace Jade Sushi with a Johnny Rockets, too. So maybe Monarch will be worth waiting for!

Hmmmm. Maybe the Monarch Fan Club will get an invite to the relaunch! Wouldn't that be fun!

My cat just erased my post!

Anyway, as I was saying...

Maybe RCI has decided to do a full makeover ala Majesty - updating the interior of the ship, putting in flat screen TVs, etc., stuff that doesn't usually happen in drydock. There has long been talk that they would replace Jade Sushi with a Johnny Rockets, too. So maybe Monarch will be worth waiting for!

Hmmmm. Maybe the Monarch Fan Club will get an invite to the relaunch! Wouldn't that be fun!

I think that would be awesome. I did ask if she knew what they would be doing in drydock and she could not say. The rep did not know.

I would love to see Johnny Rockets on the ship. The whole reason I want to go ahead and book is the fact the Soveriegn was to be my DD's sweet 16 cruise. I really want to finish my plans for 2009! lol

The Monarch is a natural to go to a Spanish line. It has been sailing to Mexico for so long it is already fluent in Spanish (or at least Mexican).

Afterall, I have read that it is named the "Mojito of the Seas" by the port staff in San Pedro.

Quite funny.

Deb

there are a lot of updates that monarch could recieve and its possible that the plans havent been completed as far as the timeline yet...I'm sure as the time gets closer details will become more available. But we have been looking to go on another Bahamas cruise and if MOS will be doing those sailings and gets a makeover it would definatly make the trip worth while:D

They may keep Monarch out for a longer drydock. They might want to work on the plumbing too. We know that all 3 of the ships have plumbing issues, but I believe only Monarch has had fatalities related to it. :o

I wouldn't be surprised if they did some major renovation and dining upgrades in a longer drydock. How nice that PC cruisers will be able to enjoy them. :D

Are there many differences between the 2? They are part of the same class correct? The deck plans seem to be the same. I read that the rooms are bigger on the Monarch. Is this accurate?

Thanks

Afterall, I have read that it is named the "Mojito of the Seas" by the port staff in San Pedro.

Quite funny.

Deb

Heh... that would be my work. It is fun to get the ship staff to call the Monarch that also. :cool:

Every time she leaves on Monday and Friday we yell ... "bye Mojito!"

Are there many differences between the 2? They are part of the same class correct? The deck plans seem to be the same. I read that the rooms are bigger on the Monarch. Is this accurate?

Thanks

Are there many difference between the two? Only in decor. The hulls are the same.

Are they the same class? Yes.

Are the rooms bigger on the Monarch? I hope not! The rooms on the Monarch are 122 sq ft. If they are smaller on the Sovereign, then the bathroom would be bigger than the bedroom. :eek:

Are there many difference between the two? Only in decor. The hulls are the same.

Are the rooms bigger on the Monarch? I hope not! The rooms on the Monarch are 122 sq ft. If they are smaller on the Sovereign, then the bathroom would be bigger than the bedroom. :eek:

Just as I thought, but wanted to verify. Thank you!

An inside on the SOV is 119 s.f. and OV is 122 s.f.

Archived