What is the longest cruise you'd go on

Orcrone

What is the longest cruise you'd want to take?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What is the longest cruise you'd want to take?

• 7 days - a week is enough
    • 8 to 10 days - start getting antsy around a week
    • 11 to 14 days - a week's not long enough, but 2 is pushing it
    • 15 to 21 days - 2 to 3 weeks allows me to see all I want
    • 22 to 28 days - need the longer time for more exotic locales
    • 29 to 35 days - A month is good, beyond that is too much
    • Can you say World Voyage?

Similar to Laura's thread about the shortest cruise. When we went on a 10-day cruise DW couldn't wait to get off the ship. 7 days was plenty for her. Just wondering at what point a cruise becomes too long for you. Personally, I'm guessing I could do about 20 days, but unfortunately have not had the opportunity to find out.

BTW, I wanted to have DW treated for short cruisitis, but alas it's not covered by the HMO.:(

OK, it should read what is the longest cruise you would go on. In other words, vacaation time, money is not an issue. Just wondering at what point a cruise would go from a great vacation to I'd really llike to go home.

The longest I've been on to date is 14 days. Really, for me that was long enough. As much as I love cruising, by then I'm ready to go on and do other things. But depending on the itinerary, 20 might be doable. (Not necessarily affordable ... but doable ;) )

OK I have not voted yet but there is a key words in how I can answer. What is the longest Cruise I WOULD Go on or What is the Longest Cruise I COULD Go On? Would and Could sound so much a like yet are so far apart. I Can or could only go on about 7 days and if I am lucky I can stretch it to a 10 day but I WOULD LOVE to go on a 30 plus day cruise:D

OK I have not voted yet but there is a key words in how I can answer. What is the longest Cruise I WOULD Go on or What is the Longest Cruise I COULD Go On? Would and Could sound so much a like yet are so far apart. I Can or could only go on about 7 days and if I am lucky I can stretch it to a 10 day but I WOULD LOVE to go on a 30 plus day cruise:D

Edited original post to clarify. OK Lisa, you can vote. :D

:) I VOTED FOR THE WORLD CRUISE. ONLY ONE THING HOLDING ME BACK IS THE FARE. NOW IF EVERYONE ON THE BOARDS SENDS IN A DOLLAR--- BUT SERIOUSLY WE HAVE DONE 21,30 AND 35 DAY CRUISES . A NORTHERN EUROPE CRUISE THE HAWAII/SOUTH PACIFIC CRUISE IN JANUARY AND THE VOYAGE OF THE VIKINGS A COUPLY YEARS AGO. THESE CRUISES ARE SO RELAXING AND FUN THAT THE TIME JUSTSEEMS TO FLYBY WE TOTALLY ENJOYED THE LONG CRUISES. ACTUALLY I HAVEN'T BEEN ON ANY CRUISE THAT WE HAVEN'T ENJOYED. BTW THE LONGEST CRUISE I EVER TOOK WAS 9 MONTHS IN 1971 COURTESY OF MY RICH UNCLE SAM:eek:

Ahoy!

Let's see, World Cruise, 2 months home, Grand Voyage (SA, Africa. etc.), 2 months home, World Cruise, 2 months home, Grand Voyage.....

Need 2 months home for laundry, 'liver health' and sorting pictures.

Unfortunately, the 'Powerball fairy' has not blessed us to date.

Bon Voyage and Good Health to fellow dreamers!

Bob:)

14 days is long enough for me... I'm also ready to do other things, but I do want to go on a World Voyage when we retire (if we ever get there - at out current cruise rate poor DH will be working for awhile, lol!)

I didn't vote as I don't know yet how long we could do. Twice we have canceled the Australia to Los Angelas which was about 31 days, just couldn't be away that long. The longest we have taken to date is 21 days and we were fine with that. Maybe after the pets are gone and the kids quit having babies we will be able to take longer cruises. Oh yes, and then there is my 90 year old mom who lives near by in assisted living. Guess we aren't ready for a longer cruise just now.

By the end of our 17-day Transatlantic cruise I was itching to get off the ship, but I think that's mostly because I knew we had a long flight home from Rio to face, and having to go to work the next day! Otherwise I would like to eventually do a world cruise. DH says no, though. But we're only in our 30's - I've got lots of time to work on him!:D

Fourteen days has been the longest for us also and like others here, we were ready to get off the ship and go home (as pax). If I'm lucky enough to gain employment by HAL in two years, I would have to definitely change my onboard routine and do some major adjusting (although, going from pax to crew, that would probably be done for me, for a large part;))

You said money was not an issue, so I'm open to going on a World Cruise. I don't care if we have to sail in an inside for the entire time - just let me experience a World Cruise once. Okay, maybe twice, but no more. Well, maybe just a few times more . . . :D

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I'd love to do a World Cruise...but with birthdays spaced during the months of March, May, September, November, December with our grandkids, that's not likely! And with all those grandkids, the budget doesn't allow for much more than a 10 or 11 day cruise anyway!

We were not sure, in 1990, what length cruise would ULTIMATELY suit us. We enjoyed 14 days [ give or take a day or two] then and went happily back to work at the end of a restful vacation. THEN we retired [ me 1998 DH 2001] and we tested the waters by cruising 1/2 of the Pacific Rim cruise on HAL in 2002 -and even after 31 days we were NOT ready to get off of the ship [ however we were sure ready to NOT fly for 18 hours any more either!] Since then we have gone on Pacific Rim & World cruises [ 64 days and 105 days] and have another Pacific Rim cruise booked for 2008. I realize LONG cruises are not for everyone but they CERTAINLY suit us! Testing OUR likes first was a good thing [2002] Knowing you own needs/wants is what is important. We also know a 1-week cruise is simply NEVER long enough! Not for us! This is NOT "judging" anybody else -it is also not "bragging" - it is simply factual. Anne

I voted for a world cruise. I followed the "sail the world with Bill and Maryanne" this past winter and loved reading about all the exciting places that they visited. I know I will never be able to afford a world, but my yearly 10 - 14 day cruise is still wonderful. But I am NEVER ready to leave at the end!

Archived