Seabourn Odyssey Website

Iamboatman

• 2 weeks later...

The ship looks really fantastic. I love the colors, fabrics, and furniture they have chosen. The pool area looks extremely inviting as well.

Two points of interest.

1. The cabin balcony railings on Deck 4 appear to be all steel and not glass. These may be cabins to be avoided if possible (especially if they are not priced much lower).

2. I love the double height dining room ceiling, which is very unusual for a ship of this size. Space is truly a premium on small luxury ships. On the deck plan you can see the cavities on Deck 5 where double height ceiling extends into, but there is a corridor that runs through it like a tunnel. I wonder how this will look in the dining room itself, with a narrow center section of ceiling at single height, then two sections to the left and right of it at double height. It should make for a very dramatic room.

Ernie

The V1 and V2 do not have solid steel balconies. I have been told that, in actuality, it is about 12 inches of steel with the remainder being glass. You will be able to see out even when sitting in these suites, so there is - I am told - nothing to worry about or avoid.

Archived