On line check in...number of days

kura

When completing the check in form, I presume they are asking for days you have already cruised prior to this cruise, and not days inclusive. Am I right? It doesn't actually say.....

Yes No

Have you cruised previously with Holland America Line?

If you know the total number of days you have cruised, enter it below, if not, enter your closest approximation.

What confuses me is the next question: "Previous Mariner Award recipients are requested to indicate the level of their most recent award prior to this cruise."

First, why do they need to ask this when you've just indicated how many prior days? I know there are some cases where people have gotten an award a few days early, and need not be getting it a second time on the current cruise, but I would think those cases would be relatively infrequent ... and what would be the big deal if they got it a seond time anyway?

Second, one of the answer options is "25 days or less". Why the "or less"?

When completing the check in form, I presume they are asking for days you have already cruised prior to this cruise, and not days inclusive. Am I right? It doesn't actually say.....

Thanks for asking this question, kura. I am confused this time too - and am glad to know I'm not alone. Thought it was that pesky Sometimers Disease again. :)

The manual check-in form specifically includes the current cruise, so that has been the total I used when doing the form electronically. :confused:

Another case of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing?

Ahoy!

Add up your prior cruise days (on HAL) plus the upcoming nights (sea days: i.e., 10 day, 14 day cruises, etc.) on your current cruise and press submit. Not to worry.

Pins and 'tegel tiles' will be found resting comfortably in your stateroom prior to the Mariner reception. Thereafter, 'premium' nuts' and 'libations' will be available for your pleasure in the aforementioned gathering.

Your going to have a GREAT CRUISE!

Bon Voyage and Good Health!

Bob:)

Thanks to those that have replied...I'm still confused though!!!!

I don't blame you!

Why not look at it this way---unless you'll reach a 25/50/100/300/500/700-day milestone by the end of cruise, it really doesn't matter what the total is that you enter.

If you are reaching one of the milestones by the end of the cruise, go to the Front Desk and confirm with them that you are reaching the milestone and will be awarded whatever needs to be given.

I too was confused and contacted HAL. Following is the response:

Dear Ms. XXXX,

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line concerning our upcoming cruises. We would be delighted to welcome you as one of our valued Guests on board.

When filling in that portion you would put the current amount of sea days that you have.

Please feel free to contact us if we may be of additional assistance. Our valued Guests comments or suggestions are always welcome and very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you on board in the near future. Thank you for your continued patronage!

Kind Regards,

Brian

Consumer and On-Line Support

Holland America Line

1-877-SAIL-HAL

So ... I interpret the current in his reply as being number of days right now, before sailing. But, who really knows? The question on the form should specifically state whether the number is to be for days sailed prior to or including current sailing, IMHO.

Archived