shorts and bathingsuit in Dec st thomas???

sandestination

:confused: Hey booked on the Glory 12/08/07 Wanted to get away from the cold however I never thought if it would be warm enough for the beach, pool, etc. Eastern Carribean Nassau, St Thomas and St Marteen. Also flip flops, sandals and summer dresses at dinner??? Last cruise was western and in April out of N.O. and it was great..... Just concerned after DH having heart attack (54) who knew....just wanted him to have a great time in warm weather. Also I applied for my passport but he hasn't...T.A says birth certificate o.k. Do You think there will be a problem we have never used anything other then our birth certificates.....

I was there the end of january of this year when it is even cooler on average than when you booked and we had quite a warm day. We had one cooler day and the other 5 or 6ish days were all well over 80 degrees. Maybe mid 80s even.

Thanks guess I am not the only one up. I am so excited I keep myself up every night watching the boards to make sure I don't miss anything. Few years ago I joined the vacation club for VIP benefits then cancelled when i got home because I have been able to watch and get my cruises cheaper. Still have the bag to bad I can't get in line and get on the ship and off early...however we never had anyone check when we left. Oh well just waiting for fun. thanks so much for the info.

Lynda

:confused: Hey booked on the Glory 12/08/07 Wanted to get away from the cold however I never thought if it would be warm enough for the beach, pool, etc. Eastern Carribean Nassau, St Thomas and St Marteen. Also flip flops, sandals and summer dresses at dinner??? Last cruise was western and in April out of N.O. and it was great..... Just concerned after DH having heart attack (54) who knew....just wanted him to have a great time in warm weather. Also I applied for my passport but he hasn't...T.A says birth certificate o.k. Do You think there will be a problem we have never used anything other then our birth certificates.....

We took this cruise two years ago over the Christmas/Hannukah holiday. DW and the kids ( kids - mid twenties ) lounged in practically nothing on the beach in St. Maaarten, while I went on the racing yachts excursion which was the best $100 I ever spent for four hours of fun. I was in nothing but a bathing suit and deck sandals. It gets darker just a little earlier there than in the summer because you are much closer to the equator than you are in the northeast US, but it is certainly warm enough to wear summer outfits.

As for a passport, your husband better get one. The state dept. changed the rules last year, and you need one for going to every foreign country now, even Canada. You may not be allowed to board the ship without a passport.

BnB

:confused: Hey booked on the Glory 12/08/07 Wanted to get away from the cold. . .

I'm anticipating us having great weather on this sailing - - at least I hope so. Looking forward to meeting you in 35 days (or does five weeks sound closer?):) :)

Sorry to hear about your DH and his heart attack - hope he is on the mend. As for your ports, we have always had 75-85 degrees in Dec. in those ports. (a bit cooler at nite, on the water) As for passports - he probably should have gotten one when you did. I know that in the near future ('08) everyone will need one for travel out of the states- birth certificates will not be accepted. Enjoy the Glory - she is on my "to-do" list!!

Nassau could be a problem with cold weather, we were on a cruise over New Years and our guide in the Bahamas has a serious winter coat on...I did the dolphin encounter and was a bit chilly DH skipped it because he was really cold, but I toughed it out...He got great pictures of me with the dolphins so it worked out...The rest of the caribbean was just fine

We sailed last year second week of December, St Thomas, Nassau, San Juan and such. We had rain on a couple of days but rain when it 80 degrees is no big deal. Still wore shorts and sandles everyday. Sun dresses at dinner. No problems. Have a great cruise.

You know, before I cruised last December, I started "worrying" about what the weather might be like.

Then I stopped and thought about it for a minute. Um, we were going to be SOUTH of Miami. If I were going to south Florida over Christmas, would I expect to need winter clothing?

Probably not.

There are plenty of sites to find average temperatures for any place in the world! Of course, there will be fronts that move through areas and the temps can be up or down a little.

The weather was perfect. Will it be perfect this December? Maybe not. But I sure as heck am not going to waste valuable suitcase space packing sweatshirts!

I've been to St Thomas multiples times ... on cruises and on week long visits during the 'winter' timeframe of December - March. During the day, it was always at least 80 degrees. You might get a quick shower which 'feels' cool because its a bit breezy from the tradewinds. During the night, it does 'feel' like its cooler but again, I think it's because of the winds blowing in off the water.

Bathing suits, shorts and sundresses are fine! :p

Archived