What would celebrity do if...

joelsmith101

On our last Summit cruise we arrived at the pier early. After checking in we immediately went to see about upgrades at the pier coordinator's desk. As luck would have it, there was a last minute cancellation with one of the PH Suites. We grabbed it for a very reasonable price. I'm guessing it's highly unlikely a PH suite would go unclaimed for very long.

How much does an At the Dock upgrade usually run?

and compared to having booked it earlier?

Is there a discount and how much?

Yes... HUGE discount. There used to be rates floating around the board, but I haven't seen this topic in a while and don't have the costs anymore. We've actually upgraded at the pier.

Sit tight, someone does and will release it for your information if they have it and read this.

I posted earlier about upgrading to the PH suite on the Summit three years ago. We really did get to the port very early that day and were some of the first people to check in. We were able to upgrade from 6134 to one of the PH's for $450/person. We almost fell over when the pier coordinator quoted us the price. We were already excited about 6134, but this was too good a deal to pass up. Based on the reaction of the people in line right behind us, they thought so, too.

I suspect the amount would be higher today, but still likely significantly lower than calling your travel agent or the cruise line and trying to upgrade in advance of the sailing date.

On our upcoming Connie 12/7/07 cruise they are showing 2 Royal Suites still available. We're in the CC category. The quoted price to upgrade from CC to one of those RS as of today is $2,800. I doubt either is still available on 12/7, but if so, the pier upgrade price will likely be significantly less.

When they use a suite for a Bingo prize the full amount (brochure price) of the upgrade comes out of the Bingo prize money through the activities department so in some instances X does better to give it away.:)

Got this little bit of knowledge from a CD.

Is someone willing to describe what it's like to be in one of these beautiful suites? Does it ever feel too big? Also, is it possible to have more than four people in the PH (with trundle beds, or something), or is 4 the absolute limit? It seems like in terms of square footage it could fit a family of 5 or 6. Since the whole PH suite, including the huge balcony, measures about 2500 square feet, on some cruises it actually seems to be one of the least expensive cabins per square foot...

Thanks, Ben

Archived