Possiable CC group on the NEW Solstice Summer 2009!!!!!!

Pugs

Oops....wishful thinking....for some reason I keep saying 08 and it's really 09. Pretty tough to sail on a ship that isn't built yet :) !!! Sorry about that....the group cruise is a back to back in March of '09.

Totally understand about about being a teacher and limited to the summer months. I hope it works out to pull a group together for the summer....if I hear of her itinerary, I'll be sure to post it here..... :)

C2C--

Regarding your post about Constellation being replaced by the next ship Equinox in Europe--do you know when that will be? We are hoping to do the British Isles in '09 on Connie -guess we will have to wait for the schedules to come out..as usual Celebrity is not ahead of the pack on that!

Oops....wishful thinking....for some reason I keep saying 08 and it's really 09. Pretty tough to sail on a ship that isn't built yet :) !!! Sorry about that....the group cruise is a back to back in March of '09.

Totally understand about about being a teacher and limited to the summer months. I hope it works out to pull a group together for the summer....if I hear of her itinerary, I'll be sure to post it here..... :)

Thanks Anne!!!

I am taking a group this July, on the Liberty, Glad I have something in the works, if I had to wait till summer 09, that would not be good!!!!!

C2C--

Regarding your post about Constellation being replaced by the next ship Equinox in Europe--do you know when that will be? We are hoping to do the British Isles in '09 on Connie -guess we will have to wait for the schedules to come out..as usual Celebrity is not ahead of the pack on that!

I am not sure , there was a poster on here that said that , not I , maybe

they will check in and give you more info.

If you can't hold out for this ship, come join my group , click on the links below, or as Host Anne said she has a group going in March 09..Check out her links in her post...

If you want to sail summer 09 , this will be the group for you, stay tune , I am sure the pricing will be great!!!

Lets get this party started now before we get pricing!!!!

We should know each other real good by the time pricing is out!!!

When pricing is released, I will get with Laura to set us up for a group.

So come on let me know you are in!!!!

cel_solstice_hdr.jpgsolstice_thumbnail.jpg

Ship Facts

Occupancy: 2850

Tonnage: 122000

Length: 1033 ft

Beam: 121 ft

Draught: 22 ft

Cruisespeed: 24 kts

Inaugural Date: Dec 01, 2008

spacer.gifspacer.gifAs you stroll among the expansive decks, you'll experience the rich color palettes illuminated by beautiful natural light, and revel in the extensive amenities - all delivered with the attentive service for which Celebrity Cruises is renowned. Celebrity Solstice is built around you and the way you long to travel. Voyage with us, on the newest of our Solstice-class of ships, and discover a refined level of elegance - an unrivaled experience making a distinctive statement of style and design. We invite you to learn more about the new features and venues as details are revealed.

Now you tell me you do not want to be on this ship!!!!!And group pricing!!!!!

C2C--

I'm just going by what we learned on Constellation last week. The suggestion was that newer ships will be replacing M-class ships in Europe during the summer after their launch. Equinox won't be ready prior to the summer of 2009 so Connie will be a good bet for that itinerary.

It will be very interesting to see how successfully Celebrity introduces a new LARGE vessel. Getting a crew up to the standards for which Celebrity is famous will be a real challenge. Journey and Quest had "interesting" inaugurals.

So are you saying the new ship may do Europe, or stay ot of FLL.

It is in FLL up to April 2009 , base on the booking site.

Solstice is sailing out of Ft Lauderdale for 7 days April 12th.

When she returns I expect Solstice to sail to Europe on the 19th of April replacing Summit's 2008 itinerary. Summit will probably go to Alaska leaving no Celebrity ship in Florida for the summer. Another possibility has Summit replacing Century's Northern Europe itinerary and Century moving to Alaska... but this is of course all speculation. If revenue continues to grow in Europe because of the strong Euro I would not be surprised to see more European sailings with X maintaining a year-round presence in the Med.

Solstice is sailing out of Ft Lauderdale for 7 days April 12th.

When she returns I expect Solstice to sail to Europe on the 19th of April replacing Summit's 2008 itinerary. Summit will probably go to Alaska leaving no Celebrity ship in Florida for the summer. Another possibility has Summit replacing Century's Northern Europe itinerary and Century moving to Alaska... but this is of course all speculation. If revenue continues to grow in Europe because of the strong Euro I would not be surprised to see more European sailings with X maintaining a year-round presence in the Med.

Thak OK, I want to sail on her where ever, however I think she may just sail from the Florida port , base on info from a news mailer here in Florida.

It said with the new Terminal open in FL, Miami a lot more new ships are going to be sailing out of it.. Time will tell for sure.

good morning , I took a look at the new ship on their site, coming along nicely.... Her colors are going to be great.

Now who wants to sail on her summer 2009!!!!!!!!:D

I am hoping to put a group together for July or August 2009.:D

Pugs ~ don't get discouraged. The summer of 2009 is a long way off plus it's a holiday weekend. Many are out shopping and visiting with family. Hang in there.

Or maybe simply wait until the itineraries are published 5 months (!) from now? It hard to get enthusiastic without an itinerary, price, etc. The thread is simply too early.

Or maybe simply wait until the itineraries are published 5 months (!) from now? It hard to get enthusiastic without an itinerary, price, etc. The thread is simply too early.

Its never too early, I know we don't have intinerary yet, but we soon will have a ship, and I can't wait to be on it.. oh I know the price will be good, it will be group pricing, I am already excited!!!!! No , No, not too early!!!!:eek:

Pugs ~ don't get discouraged. The summer of 2009 is a long way off plus it's a holiday weekend. Many are out shopping and visiting with family. Hang in there.

Thanks, Anne, I don't give up easy!!!! I know there are others like me, that can't wait to be on this ship!!!!! Have you seen the updates, she is going to be really nice!!!! I am already excited!!!:D

Hi everyone.

Im down with a group cruise. I was looking at either Dec 08 or July 09

Hey come join in July 09 , sounds great!!! I am a teacher , I can only do

Hoildays or summers...

I also have a group going this July. Click on my links for details.

Archived