All Things Glory...

kinggartk

Via my PVP is that the drydock is late-September to mid-October 2009, and yes, big screen will be added, along with flat screen TV's in all the cabins, etc.

Damn, Im missing the flatscreens by a few months.. Oh well, it'll give me an excuse to go back!

:)

We will miss the flat screens by a couple of weeks. Do not think I would be a fan of the large screen on the Lida, but love flat screen TVs. They take up so much less space.

Via my PVP is that the drydock is late-September to mid-October 2009, and yes, big screen will be added, along with flat screen TV's in all the cabins, etc.

Yeah, we were on board in '06 after the last drydock and will be onboard in Nov so we'll get to use the big screen. I've told DH they don't have it yet, but now I'll have to tell him it'll be there. It's just the two of us so a great way to spend an evening if there's something good playing. I know it's on during the day usually too. Do they show movies all day or something else?

Yeah, we were on board in '06 after the last drydock and will be onboard in Nov so we'll get to use the big screen. I've told DH they don't have it yet, but now I'll have to tell him it'll be there. It's just the two of us so a great way to spend an evening if there's something good playing. I know it's on during the day usually too. Do they show movies all day or something else?

Sorry to disappoint, but the Drydock is set for 2009 I think, not 2008.

During the day they show family movies, concerts and videos like surfing scenes.

I hope big screens don't do away with live music by the pool. How do you find out for sure when dry dock is?

On Princess they issue earphones for use during the day, so that you can hear over the music and general noise around the pool.

We just got back on the 17th from the east. It was great you have to do the supper club not to be misssed some of the best food I've had and the cost is well worth it.

I am new to the larger Carnival Ships so I am a little niave. What is the name of the supper club? What type of food? and How much is it?

Thanks a bunch.

I am new to the larger Carnival Ships so I am a little niave. What is the name of the supper club? What type of food? and How much is it?

Thanks a bunch.

The supper club is called the Emerald Room and I think it is $30 per person.

Thanks a bunch.

The food is a big step up from the main dining room which I think it pretty good to begin with. Large steaks, seafood. There is a menu somewhere on this site that's a couple of years old, but should still be good. It's a 4 or 5 course meal including dessert. It takes around 1.5-2 hours to eat and you will not be able to eat it all. Last I heard, it was $30/person-that's what we paid in 06 on Glory.

Try this. Someone had posted this link on another thread. It's the supper club menu (they're the same on every ship that has it) http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2065070450103118698AutkQX

Just returned from Western 11/17-24/07 and the Rocky Horror Show was on Wednesday night (Roatan) at midnight in the Ebony Lounge. It was announced that they would have props but you probably could bring your own.

Did you go and was it fun? The first time I saw it was in about 1977. A gay guy from work invited me on Halloween night! I was sitting next to a guy in a gold lame speedo! What a night! A few weeks later we took the whole Psych dept, docs, nurses, techs to see it. One of the residents looked just like Dr. Frankenfurter.

We had a wonderful time. There were a few highlights...

My mom (76) ziplining in Roatan,

Mom being picked as the Grandma for the Welcome Aboard Show, that was hilarious,

Booking an 8A and with the past guest discount having an 8B Balcony and then about a month later receiving a call asking if we wanted a Cat 11 Suite. We were in room 7250 & 7248.

I'll be writing a review soon.Jean (quote)

Your mom ziplined! That's hysterical. I'd love to see some pictures. I was huffing and puffing and 20 years younger than your mom! We were in Belize and at the end there were no stairs down...it was a direct repel. Those stupid brake things don't work. The fastest straight down 3 stories I've ever done! I thought I was getting too old for this stuff but if your mom can do it so can I!

On glory it is on Deck 5, open from about 6-8 I believe. Maybe not that long. Personally, I could do without that stuff. It stinks, and well, just the thought of it makes me sick.

Raw dead fish, in open seas....YUCK! I don't even like California roll.

Was on the Glory this pass Feb School vacation... Glory is Voted #1 ship in carnival Fleet !!!! Seafun says it all !! Can't add anymore to that.. Only St. Marten was 75 cent beers on the beach, and St. Thomas had a great Catamaran Sunset Cruise right from the dock....

Hi guys, my PVP just sent me a pdf with 50+ pages of pics and info on the Glory! I uploaded it to ***** so you guys can download it! It's very informative with great pics of all the public areas. Let me know if it doesn't work! Sorry if someone has posted this before.

Carnival Glory

Thank you for sharing this. I am considering Carnival Glory for July 2009

Archived